First time EVER that I shopped entirely at a regular sizes store

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Well, the title says it all!
    What a day...
    Kira
  • Amazing experience, isn't it ? Congratulations !
  • Congratulations! This is a big thing; enjoy it!
  • Oh my gosh I think it's been like, nearly a decade since I did that!

Congratulations! That is a great thing.
  • DON'T IT FEEL GREAT?????

I still remember, and still have, my first (well, only) pair of Ann Taylor slacks. They are hanging in my basement waiting on me. I felt totally out of place in Ann Taylor (spring 2003) the one time I shopped in there...when I can get back into them, and into other Ann Taylor stuff, believe you me I am going to STRUT MY STUFF right back in there like I own the place!!!

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • What an amazing day! Well done!
  • A wonderful goal and one of the best to boost that self-esteem.

Way to go!
  • How exciting...and just in time for cute summer clothes!!
  • Congrats!!! I'm being nosy - what store did you go to?
  • Thanks, y'all!
    I went to this cute little boutique shop in my local mall. They have lots of great stuff that is -- gasp -- fashionable! I spent a bit of coin because of this, but not too much because I still have approximately 50lbs to go (sigh), but yesterday was FAB...
    Kira
  • Awesome! I can't wait..
  • Congrats! I remember the first time I was able to do that. Unfortunately, my shopping trip resulted in some questionable clothing choices that I bought simply because they fit and I was still in that mindset from when I was heavier. I've gotten better about it though.
  • very cool!
  • Awesome!!!!

I remember when I got my first pair of "normal" pants from American Eagle. I felt like they werent looking at me going.. "There is no way that girl is going to fit in ANY of these clothes"

I felt so normal. It is an amazing feeling.

GRATS!
  • Congrats! It's the biggest motivator isn't it?!