Hi! this is my 20 billionth time!

• Okay, so I started coming here in 2002, at the time I was 170 something and needed to lose 40, each year I came back I weighed more.

I most recently came back in January this year and weighed 226, I stayed 2 days and now am back 4 months later and 20 pounds heavier!!

This is it!!! I am fighting mad and I am scared crazy!!!

I am due for my lab work, I know my cholesterol levels are awfull, metabolic syndrome for sure, and am scared to know if I am still prediabetic or if I put my foot further into the grave and have become diabetic.

I have severe sleep apnea, I use a cpap. I want to have surgery on my eye, I have strabismus. I am a nurse and I know how dangerous it can be to go under anethesia when one has severe sleep apnea.

Please dont read further if easily offended.

I have trouble getting my shoes on.
    I am now having trouble wiping my ***!
    All of my pants are too tight, I am now wearing my husbands jeans.
    I have to powder every nook and cranny so that I wont stick and so that I wont get rashes.
    My thighs rub when I walk. I am very self conscious when I walk.
    I sweat.
    I wear a cpap machine and have now started snoring even with the machine on, which means I need a higher pressure.
    I have lost my neck and cant find my feet!!

Do I need any more reason to lose weight?? yes!! I have two beautiful daughters who are 8 and 9 and I want to be a good example for them and I want to see them become moms years down the road.

I am so freaking ready it is unbelievable. I refuse to buy bigger clothes!!!

I turn 38 on Tuesday and this is my birthday present. I am going to get me back and I am going to treat myself right.

So anyway, here I am!!!!
  • You definitely sound sick and tired enough of being overweight and it sounds like you're ready to do something about it. That's actually a very exciting stage to reach. I think that's when change can occur. I know it was the case for me. My quality of life was poor and I had had enough of it already. It was enough. It was time to do something about it. I was ready to give up the high calorie/high quantity food. I didn't want to be overweight anymore. Yes, being sick and tired enough is a great stage to get to.

Losing the weight and getting healthy is definitely the best gift you can give yourself and your entire family.

Happy Birthday to you!
  • Happy 38th Birthday! What a great gift to give yourself. My final straws were very similar to yours--I grew out of my jeans and I had a miserable Christmas because my asthma was so bad that I could hardly breathe. All I could do was cough and cry and sleep, and I had HAD it. That's the down side; the up side is that the health problems have made it easier for me to keep my resolve because I don't want to go back to feeling that way.

Congratulations on starting over! You sound very motivated to me and I look forward to seeing you around!
  • Welcome back... I think you gave yourself a great birthday present. You sound very serious about making changes... I've been in and out of here a lot myself, but I am most successful when I come here and get the support and encouragement from those who know how you feel... Good Luck !! You can do it !!
  • Welcome! I know a bit about how you feel right now. The only regret I've had in the past three months since I put my foot down and said I was going to be healthier, happier, slimmer and just better, is that I didn't do it sooner. Congratulations on this journey you are starting. This is such a great place for support, I'm sure it'll help keep you really motivated.

Happy Birthday.
  • Congratulations about reaching decision point! I know what you mean about the weight. I know what you mean about returning even higher.
    This time you will do it, you sound so determined!
  • Welcome back, glad to have you here with us. I excited for your progress. I was were you were a month ago, thank God I found this place. It has been a blessing in my life..
  • Glad you are back! You have the resolve to make it happen now! Don't wait any longer!

Keep posting!
  • I am so glad that you are here with us and I really hope that you stay!!! We can help and I am sure that you will be a wealth of support to the rest of us as well Welcome!
  • I hate the feeling of being at the point where you are...in fact I'm there right now too! I deeply share those feelings

So, you're mad, fired up, and ready to go...that's fantastic!!!

I agree with Robin, you NEED to get to this point in order to get moving. I think it's like any addict hitting rock bottom. I have been WAITING for this point for most of the past year, and finally hit it last weekend when I saw some pictures of myself at a family party....just HORRIFYING!

It's my bazillionth time too...so let's kick some butt...literally!

We can do this, back!!!

Linda
  • Happy Birthday!

I get it too.

Only, I can't wear my husband's jeans. He is one of those people that can spend $10 on himself at Taco Bell and never gain an ounce.

His jeans are way too small for me. The day I can fit into them, I will be celebrating. LOL!