I feel different

• I was telling my DH this morning that I feel different since I started this healthy life style. I'm on Day 9 of my first two weeks and I feel like I'm lighter. I've lost about 6lbs so I know I haven't had a drastic drop in weight but i don't feel like i have huge weight in the middle of my body holding me down. It's like I feel skinny.... the funny thing is my DH feels the same way.

I figured it is becuase of all the veggies i'm trying to get in.

Has anyone else felt like this?
  • Hi Wendy--yes, I felt differently in the first week or two--somehow my obesity didn't bother me as much anymore once I knew I was doing something about it. Yes, I felt lighter too. I guess I just felt like I was holding my head a little higher. I was being honest with myself that something had to be done and I was doing it.
  • One thing I noticed with South Beach was that I didn't have as much abdominal bloating or water weight. It really made me feel lighter too. I feel like I digest my food much better too.
  • Wendy, I'm not sure about a feeling of lightness, but I definitely felt healthier--no more IBS symptoms, no more fogginess from the sugar coma, no more irritability from low blood sugar. I was less tired, more happy, and more energetic. I actually felt *good* and didn't remember when I'd last felt that way. It's one of the many reasons I was persuaded to make SBD my way of life.
  • I really think we underestimate how much the way we eat and move affects us *each day*, rather than as just a means to an end (weight loss). This healthier lifestyle is worth it even without the weight loss I think this is also why you see studies saying that losing just 10%, say, of your weight improves your health. Because the changes you make can affect your health as much as, or for many people, even more, than your weight.
  • Quote: i don't feel like i have huge weight in the middle of my body holding me down.
    This may be a very real thing. SB is a great plan for losing that visceral belly fat.