Five years out! Wow!

• So I'm sitting here goofing around on my computer and realized I am exactly five years out of surgery today. I guess that makes me an old-timer, huh? Do I wish I'd lost more? Yeah. Do I regret this surgery? Nope! I'm so glad I had my band placed. I've never, ever been able to keep weight off in my life and now I can. As I plug away to get more off, it's nice to know that I really can maintain it. So, yay for me!

The Chick
  • YAY CHICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It can be done!!
  • It's great to know that it is worth the effort of going through everything when you get lasting results like you
  • five years???? ALREADY!!!?!???!!!???! congratulations! that's why you're a star - but the yankees are still better.

come to think of it, i'm now SEVEN years out!!!
  • This is the only time on this thread that I feel like a "youngster". Way to go Chickadee and JP! I love hearing from people who have had WLS and are having a good life and loving life and are ALIVE. YAHOO!!!!
  • Jif, Jif, Jif -

Excuse me? Yankees are better? I am watching my beloved Colorado Rockies as we speak. How could anyone not love them the best? The Yankees are so yesterday! Hang with me popping one and I'll school you on all that's good!

The Chick (who is all decked out in purple and black, bathing in the light of her neon Coors Field sign. Really!)
  • Congratulations on your anniversary!
  • Hey Chickie... good to see you and in wonderful spirits (I don't mean drunk either lol haaaaaaaaaaaa jk).

Congrats on your Bandiversary
  • Congratulations!!! It is really inspiring to see each of us reach important milestones
  • That is awesome Chickadee..I am still surprised that I am 4 months out. I can't even imagine 5 years. Gone girl Congratulations
  • Congretulations! I am glad that you are in a good spirit.
  • Thats awesome and congrats thats the whole purpose of the lapband surgery is to retrain your stomach, body, and eating habits. Think of like someone who needs physical rehabilation after a accident there body needs to be retrained, same thing with eating habits.
  • Hey lapbandrockies! Judging from your name I'm guessing you're banded and either:
    A. in the Rocky Mountains OR
    B. another Colorado Rockies fan!

I sure hope it's B! We need to show those yankee and sox fans what's what!

Chick