sudden weight gain...for no reason!

• I have been doing good. Exercising a lot, eating healthy low kcal. I was down to 225.8lbs. I was feeling great. All of a sudden in the last 2 days, as if over night I've been weighing in at 232 to 234. Not much has changed. I hadn't gone to the gym for a few days but my eating has been fine.

But no I feel so disheartened that I just want to eat and not exercise.

What is going with my body???
  • could you have eaten more sodium than you usually do? you could be retaining water
  • Definitely could be retaining water. I can jump up 10lbs in a day due to water. I try to watch my sodium and drink 64oz & up of water daily.
  • I experienced the exact same thing recently. You can read the discussion here:http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167020

I looked through my calendar and noticed a trend. Despite all my efforts, on the 2nd week of Feb and 2nd week of March I gained weight... and it was incredibly discouraging! Then I read a little bit about ovulation and water retention. Ovulation typically occurs after 11 days from the start of your last cycle. This was exactly when I gained, but I was back down a couple of pounds the following week.

If the timing makes sense, maybe ovulation has something to do with it. Maybe not. Like most everyone else mentioned, it can be a lot of things... hormones, sodium intake, muscles retaining water after exercising... Just don't let it get you down. Keep up the good work. You're doing a great job! You'll see a loss sooner or later.
  • The body is ridiculous- I woke up this morning 4 lbs heavier than normal- but TOM is right around the corner so I'm sure that's it.

Don't get discouraged, push through it- if you track your weight I bet you'll also notice the period/ovulation trend as well. If you stick to it after your period you should see a significant loss
  • thank you ladies. I feel better now. I'm not sure where I might have gotten extra sodium I don't add salt to anything. But I am going to bump up my water for the next while and see what happens.

As for TOM. I hope it's something like that. I have PCOS my cycle is really weird and I haven't had a period in ages. But maybe that is it. I hope so.

It's so disheartening when this happens. I feel so bummed. But hopefully it will come back off.
  • I wondered if u minght have PCOS... but I wasn't going to bring it up. The girls on her can tell you that it is not uncommon for me to gain 3-4 A DAY and this can go on for up to 2 weeks. For instance, I started gaining in Feb and didn't stop until early march. From 247 to 265. Just today, I weighed in at 268. Not cool. My doc says it is the body not processing food and sugars right. My best advice is totalk to your doctor. Best of Luck!