i have a question about weight lost and some parts of the body

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • i am wondering... will cup size of the bra bee down when i lose my 40 lbs? i am in good 36G!!!!! its hard to find those G babies in the store.
  • I would guess so.But its funny how we lose differently.Most women lose in the breasts though.
  • It really depends on the woman and your hormone levels, whether you are on hormonal birth control, or nursing a baby, your age, etc. etc.

But I would guess that your breasts would be smaller if you had less body fat, since a lot of breast tissue can be fat.

You could get a body fat test done, and while it would not give you a definitive answer as to how much fat is in your breasts, at least it would give you an idea of your overall body fat content.
  • for me....that always seems to be the first thing to go....lol!!
  • I don't know if this is true or not but I've always heard you lose in the reverse order you gained.

So, for me, I gained in the chest last so that's where I saw the losses from first. I was a larger C and have gone down at least a cup size.

I think it just depends on where your body is predisposed to store fat.
  • It might, or it might go up. Cup size is more about the difference between your torso (under your chest) and your bustline, than the size of your breasts themselves. If you carry a lot of fat on your torso, the band size can go down more rapidly than breast size, then the band size goes down and cup size can go up, even though actual breast size may be smaller than when you started.
  • I went from 44DD to 36C LONGs
  • It definitely depends on your body, your genes. I went from a C cup to an A cup in a matter of months. Others have lost a hundred pounds or more without much change up top. You'll probably shrink some as you lose weight, but the degree of that shrinkage will depend on factors that you can't control.
  • We're all different. I haven't lost any cup size, just band size. I started as a 48DD and am now a 44DD. I wish they made 43 D-and-a-half though, because that's what I really am...
  • I noticed I went from a D to a C, but what I remember it was the last place to lose. I have gained 10 pounds back, and I swear in went back on right there.............
  • lol thank you g uys! i guess will just see
  • Like DCHound, I'm a DD. I started at 40DD and I'm at 36DD right now. I have always been big-chested, though, so I'm not expecting miracles in that arena. It would be nice to be a C, but we can't have everything, I suppose!
  • Quote: Like DCHound, I'm a DD. I started at 40DD and I'm at 36DD right now. I have always been big-chested, though, so I'm not expecting miracles in that arena. It would be nice to be a C, but we can't have everything, I suppose!
    lol... ty!! I will be thinking i will be the same then
  • I have always been blessed with a nice ample "rack." Unfortunately, I have gone from a DD to a small B--large A. I would settle for a big B or small C but we can't choose these things unfortunately.
  • I'm losing my breast right now, and I'm only about 12lbs down? It's so sad, I wish the rest of me would go before my boobs.