Weigh in at home 6/3 - 6/9

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Starting the topic. Be right back.
  • I don't have a weigh in to report. I ended staying up very late on Friday watching a program ('till 2 am!) and although I set my alarm for my meeting, I turned it off and went back to sleep. The weekend was great as far as exercise (great strength workout on Sat and Tony and I played tennis on Sunday) it was awful as far as food. I had salty cravings and gave into them plus some. I don't know what it was that possessed me but at least it is over. I did get on the scale for a sneak peek (to see what kind of damage I may have done) and it was frightening. My rings are tight so I know that's part of it - no more sneak peeks though - I know I'll do better if I stay off the scale. Aside from the sneak peek, my stomach is telling me this morning that it's not used to eating that way - I couldn't continue my weekend binge if I wanted to. Oh well, today is a new day of a new week and it's back OP for me. Today is a no/lo carb day so that should help in the "controlling the snacking dept".

I took a look at the calendar and figured out that I have 7 weeks before we go out to the beach. I hope to lost at least that many (7) pounds by then. Working towards that goal starts today!

I'm posting last week's weigh in results and hope that I can post the same numbers next week (or lower but boy, will I settle for a maintain)!

Judy
    163.6/155.8/135
  • Gee, it sure is quiet around here. I forgot to post my challenge for this evening. Tony is at a golf outing today and there is a dinner this evening he is going to. I have to be careful this evening because sometimes his not being here for dinner can have an emotional eating impact. Recognizing it is the first step - I plan to pick up my knitting this evening - I think that will help.
  • Newbie Weigh-IN
    Well my starting weight for this challange will be 272 (my current)...good luck too all!!!!

I am off today and those are my danger days...just putzin around the house...!!!
  • Good Morning everyone!

Judy - sounds like your weekend was kind of like mine foodwise. You have the right attitude though; it's over and today's a brand new day. Good planning with the evening tonight; when Mike's away I usually eat a humungous toasted tomato sandwich with light mayo. The bread I use has 4.1 grams of fibre per slice so it's very low point. Tons of freshly ground pepper and a couple of basil leaves, and I'm in heaven! Yesterday we went to Mike's goddaughter's confirmation party...there was enough food for 500 - they're Italian, so you can imagine! Anyway, I ate way too much. We went out for Greek food on Friday night; I couldn't pass up the saganaki appy...and again ate way too much. Bleah! You asked a week or two ago how it's going with FIL.
    It's trying at times.

I'm on vacation for two weeks now, so have lots of time to plan and prepare some good meals. Not going anywhere as Mike can't get time off. Anyway, I'm looking forward to staying up late and waking up without an alarm clock.

The rowing lessons are going great. I love being out on the water...if I decide to keep going after the lessons, they apply the lesson cost to the membership over two years. So far so good.

Hope you're all having a great day. Will have time to check back later as I'm ON VACATION!!

Karen B
  • Hi everyone.

Judy - Sorry to hear you had a bad weekend food wise. I'm right there with you. Pay no attention to that sneak peek - it's mostly water and you'll get that right off. I'm beginning to think that my PMS symptoms are startind mid-cycle, which this weekend was for me. Good for you for acknowledging the "danger zone" you'll be in this evening and planning for it. I know you can get those 7 pounds off before your vacation.

Karen B. - MMMM on that tomato sandwich. Can't wait until the tomatoes are in season. What I can get at the store right now just isn't worth it. Sorry to hear your weekend was also rough foodwise. Yay for being on vacation. I hope you enjoy every minute of it!

I did manage to do fairly well with my water this weekend. Didn't get in the 8 glasses, but I did do the minimum 6. Food choices were not great at all - too much eating out and take-out. I'm definitely feeling uncomfortable in my jeans today. (It's employee appreciation month and we can wear jeans every day this month, rather than just on Fridays.) So I'll be guzzling, guzzling, guzzling that water and also will be back to writing down everything that I eat. Here's hoping for a maintain.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
  • weigh in
    I can't come to this site real often because it takes forever to load on my computer, but I will try to post my weekly at home weigh in on here. I have been following weight watchers plan at home. Best of luck to everyone. If anyone wants to chat just send me an email, I can check email without any problems.
    Kimberly
    257/211/198 mini goal/170
  • Good Morning, still been MIA as far as computer time, working at bosses house still but have been thinking of you all. Somehow I have managed to only gain 1 pound on my spree of bad bahavior. I weighed in this morning at 153 so I know have 8 pounds to lose by the 4th of July. I am keeping a possitive attitude about it.

Judy-I am sure it is just water retention, add some lemon to your water, I am a firm believer in that.

Karen-Enjoy that vacation, I am envious. Tomato sandwich sounds yummy!!

Carla-One of the "small" benefits of my job is I get to wear whatever I want to work. I sometimes come in wearing sweats and a sweatshirt. That goes with the downfall of working all by myself and getting real lonely sometimes. It is a good thing I get to bring my dog Teddy to work with me.

Things are going to be pretty crazy around here for the next couple of weeks. It is tryout time for soccer and that means everynight for 2 weeks I will be traveling around to all the different towns and teams for tryouts. Some of the teams are up to 1 hours drive but such better quality training/coaching that I have to consider them. I am going to try 5 teams see if he makes them, then decide who to play for. The $$ has a lot to do with it too, $1000 a season can really take a toll on the pocketbook.

June 4th! I month till July 4th, my goodness how time flies!!

Have a great day
  • Hi Everyone!

Right into vacation mode already - I slept till 9 this morning!

Michele - bummer about your small gain, but keep on working at it & it'll disappear. Sounds like you're going to be one busy lady for the next little while!

EMT - good luck with your weigh ins!

Carla - some of the "on the vine" tomatoes we're getting are really very good right now. I have a few plants growing for some "real" tomato sandwiches later on! That's pretty funny - your company puts you out of a job, but they appreciate you so much they let you wear your jeans all month?! Keep guzzling, I realized yesterday that I only drank 2 glasses all day. Usually I'm the water queen!

Judy - hope you managed ok in Tony's absense last night!

to Angie, Karen C, Pat, Kristin

Have a good day everyone!

Karen B
  • Welcome gardnchld and Kimberly !

Karen B - double mmmm on that tomato sandwich. It sounds like what Tony and I like to snack on in late July, August and Sept once our tomato crop is ready for picking. What is saganaki? I don't think I've had that before. I'm so glad you are continuing to enjoy the rowing. Your vacation sounds wonderful although it's too bad Mike can't get away. Enjoy!!!!

Carla - Sorry to hear you had a rough weekend foodwise but good for you for getting in the 6 glasses of water. I know you can do it - taking small steps is a good approach. I'm guzzling water right there with you. It's helped - my rings aren't tight today. I can't believe what you wrote about your PMS symptoms starting in mid-cycle - it seems to be happening to me too or at least a couple of days earlier than it used to. One day this weekend (I think it was Saturday) I just felt like I was going to crawl out of my skin!

Michele - Sorry to hear about the gain but your attitude is great! Wow - the next couple of weeks sound hectic. You are one great soccor mom! I'll keep my fingers crossed that Bobby makes a team close by. $1000???? That can't be just for uniforms.

I did really well last night even with Tony coming home late. It was a no/lo carb day and I really think that made it easier. I had two snacks - one was PB and the other was berries and lite ricotta cheese and I didn't want anything else - no urge to snack, no cravings. I really think that my usual "carb" snacks make me want to have more. Of course I don't plan on cutting them out totally ;-) but I am going to try to limit them. I ended the day with 3.5 points in the food bank! I seem to have aggravated my knee this weekend and yesterday's workout didn't help matters so today's workout was a short pilates tape. I have to check some fast food points - we're going to meet Krista and Anthony later for a quick bite and then we're going over to Anthony's pre-school for "Family Night" where we get to see what he's done this year. It should be tons of fun - I can't wait!

Have a great one,
    Judy
  • Hi everyone and welcome to gardnchld and Kimberly.

Michele - Good to see you again. Sorry to hear about that pesky pound, but I know that with your determination you'll get it and the other 7 that you want to say goodbye off soon. Sounds like you have a couple of really busy weeks coming up. $1,000 for soccor. Wow.

Karen B - I'll have to give the on the vine tomatos a try. Yeah - ironic that my last month at work coincides with Employee Appreciation month. I loved getting that memo from the CEO and the president that talked about how much they valued each and every employee and the skills that we bring to the company. I'm feeling particularly valued. Not only do we get to wear jeans all month, but we get a breakfast served by management on Thursday, an Ice Cream social next week and a barbeque and small gift on the 27th. At least I'll be well fed by the company before I go.

Judy - I've been guzzling - got 10 glasses in yesterday. Like I said before - peri-menopause - it's the pits. You had a great day yesterday, especially with Tony coming home late. Good job! Enjoy family night at Anthony's pre-school. He'll be so proud to show you what he's done.

Ended up going out to eat last night. John had promised Ana before I got home. Definitely not in my plan food wise nor in my plan for getting things done at home. Oh well, didn't do too badly. I'm a bit behind on my water today, so I have to catch up with that.

Carla
  • Good news and bad news
    Good news first?? I am under points for the day so far...

Bad news...darn that cheeseburger for lunch was good...(darn PMS)

It's chicken and water for dinner it looks like and a natural popcorn snack...guess I can't complain as long as I stay in points range...

Also gotta learn not to get on that scale every darn day...fluxuation = frustration...up and down up and down...I think I will lock it up or something LOL...

All for the moment...am rewriting my resume'...anyone out there wanna pay me lots of money to look cute? LOL

CJ
  • Carla - I'm glad to hear that the unplanned for dinner out wasn't too bad. We had a great time at Anthony's school yesterday - he was very proud of what he'd done and the school itself was wonderful in terms of all the things they do, learn and trips they go on. Anthony showed us the chicks that had hatched, the frogs and tadpoles - it was great. The funniest thing was a book that contained "interviews" the teachers conducted with the kids about their families. According to Anthony, his mother is 5 yrs old and weighs 13 pounds, his father is 10 years old and weighs 14 pounds and he is 4 years old and weighs 40 pounds. He's right about himself ;-)

gardnchld - I'm with you on losign that scale - it can be frustrating to see the fluctuation. I've been able to stay off it most times, but it's hard! Let me know if you find that job!

I had a pretty good day yesterday although I did use some of my banked points. We ended up going out to eat with Krista and Anthony - Anthony got to pick the place and it was Taco Bell's. Luckily, I had Dottie's point listing with me. I had a burrito supreme which wasn't bad point-wise but it wasn't too filling. I managed to avoid the icecream we went out for after school (I opted for a cup of coffee) and had some fruit and lf popcorn when I got home. Not bad all in all.

Have a great one!
    Judy
  • Hi everyone.

gardnchld - Every once in awhile a cheeseburger happens. And it should. As long as you work the points in, which you're doing, you'll be fine. And yep, staying off that scale is a good idea.

Judy - I'm glad to hear that you had fun at the open house. You did really well with dinner and very well with not having ice cream, especially since your dinner didn't fill you up. A huge pat on the back to you!

Haven't heard from Angie, Karen C and Pat lately. Hope you're all ok.

I'm up .2 today. Not bad considering my weekend. At any rate, not anything to get my undies in a bundle over. I'll have it off and then some next week. Tomorrow is our employee appreciation breakfast: muffins, bagels and cream cheese and fruit salad. Easy enough to figure points on. I'll probably indulge in a bagel with a bit of cream cheese and eat low on points the rest of the day. Any body have any challenges coming up this weekend? Saturday is our 17th anninverary. My mom is taking us out for dinner on Saturday. She's been meaning to do this as a thank you for helping her when she broke her shoulder last year. So it will be a dual thank you dinner/anniversary celebration. She's taking us to a Polish restaurant that she's discovered and likes a lot. Go figure - the Italian mom takes us to a Polish restaurant. It's a buffet, which can spell disaster. My plan is to load up on a huge veggie salad first and then take bits of what interests me. I'll be doing a lot of sharing with Ana. Other than that my challenge over the weekend will be what it always in: get in the water!

Carla
  • Wow, it sure is quiet here!

Carla - Sorry to hear about the teeny gain (although I love the expression "not anything to get my undies in a bundle over") but it sounds like you have got the right attitude about it and I know it will be gone next week and will have taken some friends with it! Your strategy for the weekend is a good one. I would also be sure to drink a lot of water (I know that's a bit of a challenge for you) because food in restaurants is always a bloat in the making! It is pretty ironic to have that breakfast the same month that you are losing your job - it sounds like you have that one well in hand too. I vote on having a bagel with cr cheese too - keep you from feeling deprived and eat "around" it for the rest of the day.

Yup, I have a big challenge this weekend. We are haveing my dad's 80th birthday party (a surprise) at our house on Saturday. About 25 cousins are coming in from CT and PA. We are having heros from the local (excellent - always fresh stuff) pizza place. There will be Italian, chicken with mozzarella and grilled veggie heros so my plan is to concentrate on the grilled veggie one. However, in the past I've had a problem *after* a big event so I do want to have a bit of a treat. The heros will be cut in small pieces so I plan on having a small taste of each but will probably lose the bread on the chicken & Italian ones. We are also having salads but the pasta salad will probably be the most point friendly. I plan on saving 10 food/activity points to have and just plan on having a light breakfast on Sat morning (and going to my WW meeting too!)

Unfortunately, I had a run-in with the PMS monster last night that put me 1/2 point in the deficit range but today is a no/lo carb day and I tend to do much better snacking wise on those days. I wish my knee felt better than it does - I could use a good drippin' step workout but I don't dare. I'm going to try to get on the stationary bike after work and maybe alternate that with some treadmill walking (it's a rainy day here in NYC).

Karen, Karen, Angie, Pat, Michele, Kristin - How are you all doing??

Have a great Think Thin Thursday!
    Judy