April Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 1 of 27
Go to
  • Hi Ladies

It is with excitement and eagerness to post our new month. I figured it would be best to get our thread up a little bit in advance to have it ready for us and also to give us, and others who may be joining us, a bit of a heads up and time to plan, grocery shop, get mentally prepared, etc.

You know the drill girls! Just state your goal, whether it be a loss in pounds, inches, size, or even an intangible feeling! THe sky is the limit! You need not state your weight if you feel uncomfortable......just your goal, even if that goal is to maintain or whatever the case may be.

Our primary purpose in this thread has always been to support one another despite goal variations, etc. etc. and I look forward to our new month together. It is a fresh start for us all and a great time to renew and/or reinstate our own personal goals and plans

As for me, my goal is to lose 10 again this month! Make that 8-10! Oh yes, I am going for it again! I havn't reached it in the past months (and had some hurdles to overcome like smoking cessation) but I am getting closer ! I like the challenge and giving myself something to strive for, it is not so far out of my reach to be self defeating (at least for me) but enough to keep me working hard and I do well with that type of pressure. It will be interesting to see how it goes this month (so far last month lost 5) and I am going to work like the dickens to surpass last month. That's my plan ladies, state your own personal goal/goals and let's all get geared up for Wednesday, our first day! .

I look forward to seeing you over here soon girls
  • Well
    Goal to get more exercise and lose 10 pounds or more
    155 mm i think i would cry then
  • Hello, I'm in.. My goal is to lose 5 pounds.. That's a little more than 1 pound/week, so I know I can make it!!
  • I love April.......
    My goal is 15lbs. I know I can make it and I am so ready! April Fool's Day is just what I need for a new start-up! Thanks!
  • Hi ladies. This will be my first challenge with you ladies. My goal for this month is to get back in the gym at LEAST 3 times a week and to lose 7+ pounds. That will put me back at my ticker weight since i went a wall for a few months and gained back some. If by the end of the month im not there i will be forced to change my ticker.
  • Hey Ladies.My goal for this month is to stay on track, push harder than I did in March, and lose 12 more pounds!
  • Hi everyone!

First time on this challenge. My goal is to lose 8 pounds..almost 2 pounds a week. So, I guess my goal weight by April 30 would be 163....I HOPE THIS HAPPENS

We can do it!!!!!
  • SW: ?
    GW: 178

Hi I am going to try this again! My goal this month is to get to 178. It may be a little lower if I reach my goal for March but for now it is 178. My second goal is run 36 miles this month. It is a big goal but I think I cane make it.
  • Ok I want to join! My goal is to get in the 140s...I have been in the 150s since august! I am 153.2 as of this morning! I want to get 60 miles in this month as well! I am going to push to see 145 that would be 8lbs....I will just be happy to see a 4!!!!! I'm not hard to please! Good luck ladies!
  • This is my first month long challenge too...

My goals by April 30:
    155 lb (9lbs lost)
    5k in under 32 minutes
    Finish my senior thesis!!

Good luck with all your goals ladies!
  • how fun! i just signed up for this site and i am all excited about being part of it. I started excercising since march 22 of this year so not much yet. I think i want to loose 6 lbs this month too

180 lbs - Started weight.
    176 lbs - this week
    goal to loose 6 lbs this month.
  • I'm new to this site but I'm excited to be apart of the April Challenge. I want to try and loose 13 lbs this month...I really feel that is achievable!

223 lbs - Starting weight
    210 lbs - April 30th weight

I plan on running at least 30 minutes, 4 times a week on my lunch break in addition to weekly hip hop and zumba classes at the gym. I've also discovered the joys of raquetball so I'd like to play that at least once a week. Cardio, cardio, cardio!!!!

I'm on a mission! My man lives in MN for school and he graduates and is moving back to AZ the first weekend of June...68 days to be exact. I am cracking the whip and getting my butt in shape!!
  • Ooh, I want in! April will be my last full month of graduate school, so I definitely need all the accountability I can get!

SW - 163
    GW- 158 (5 pounds lost)

I also want to use my stationary bike at least four days a week for at least 30 minutes each time...
  • Hi ladies popping in to say hi and to everyone. I need to run because DH is waiting for me. This is exciting, we are going to have fun! Chat soon, hope everyone has a great night.
  • Hi everybody! I can't wait to start. Just reading everyone's posts has got me motivated.

SW: 201
    GW: 186 (Really? Wow!)