No Excuses! Maintainers food and exercise accountability 3/30 - 4/5

You're on Page 3 of 6
Go to
  • Snacked too much yesterday. I did go to the pool for a swim, but was feeling extra lazy and quit after 20 minutes. What a bum! I only did like 10 laps. Well, at least I did SOMETHING.

Wednesday:
    B - raisin bran, strawberries, skim milk
    S - cottage cheese w/blueberries
    L - leftover asparagus pasta stuff
    S - banana, wasa cracker w/swiss cheese, yogurt, 2 sticks of gum
    D - chicken aglio e olio, roasted asparagus, and pasta
    S - handful of grapes
    E - none, I took the dog to the dog park instead
  • Hi everyone,

Laughing about how lifting might be affecting my "woman parts". I've had to go to "the big city" for lots of meetings the last two days. I said no to all the unhealthy snacks provided for us, and did really well considering one day we ate out (shrimp salad, vinegar only added), and one day had lunch provided (small piece lasagna and lots of veggies).Totally OP days, yay!

Wednesday's plan:
    gym - 50 minutes benchpress, chest, tricep, abs training with Tim (hoping this didn't strain my ovaries, lol), 30 minutes elliptical
    B - protein pancake, 1 c. skim milk, coffee w/ 1 Tbsp. h&h, strawberries
    S - 1/2 oz. raw almonds
    L - 1 slice whole wheat bread, egg salad (2 eggs, 2 t. light mayo, mustard, celery), 1 c. celery & 1 c. carrots
    S - 6 oz. light yogurt, med-lg apple, protein muffin or more almonds if needed
    D - Barbara's Tamale pie (from the "our favorite recipes" thread in this forum)
  • I have to try Barbara's Tamale Pie... I look at it over and over and never try it, but it looks fabulous...

Jessica - what is 'chicken aglio e olio'?

Yesterday worked out OP - didn't get to run because of the rain, but did 45 mins on the elliptical when I got home.

Today:
    Exercise: 65 mins of ball work, weider, dumbell work DONE! Yay!

B: smoothie,
    S: PB&J - interviews scheduled for my normal lunch hour
    L: grilled chicken salad (later than normal, interviews are really wearing me out...)
    S: kashi go lean
    D: grilled chicken salad from somewhere fast foody I'm sure
    S: peanut butter graham cracker or kashi oatmeal cookie
  • Still no exercise. My foot seems to be healing--the swelling diminishes a little each day. It doesn't hurt really, but obviously I did some nerve damage. The tops of two toes are still numb and if I touch the area where the steel plate hit I can feel kind of a shocking sensation in my toes (but the injury is closer to my ankle). Weird.

B~egg and toast
    S~carrots & peapods
    L~Smart Ones entree, apple
    S~yogurt
    D~shrimp tacos (Del Taco--we have to go to a parent info night at the high school and we don't have time to fix a meal)
  • Yesterday was POP, and, what's this? The scale actually moved in a downward direction??? Seriously, have I REALLY been carrying FIVE pounds of water weight for 3 weeks? If it wasn't water weight, how did it drop away overnight? But if it WAS, why did all of the "drink more water eat less salt etc" water retention eliminating stuff not work? I won't complain, though! Wonder if any of the rest of the excess will be falling off the same way...

Planning for today:
    B - Light WW Bread french toast, 1 cup strawberries
    S - 2 cups watermelon
    L - Leftovers - Grilled chicken skewer, lentil and brown rice pilaf, roasted asparagus
    S - Popcorn
    S - Greek yogurt w/ berries
    D - Grilled chicken, bell pepper, onion, and zucchini fajitas, with olives, sour cream, salsa, and romaine, on WW low carb tortillas
    S - NSA Ice cream w/ berries

E - 60 min Yoga Booty Ballet (headed into that as soon as I finish my coffee) and 60 min cardio
  • Shannon - literally it means "garlic and oil." I use this recipe from cooking light, but leave out the peppers since I can never find them: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/re...ipe_id=1160580
  • Amanda - glad the scale looked better today!
    Jessica - thanks! That looks really good.
  • Overall I did well yesterday, but the scale is still being cold-hearted and unforgiving. Oh well, MY WILL will eventually prevail. I keep thinking that if I give up my WW Ice Cream bar after the girls go to bed, maybe it will make the scale move, but it's only 100 calories and I know I have room in my calorie allocation. Time takes time, get over it.

Today:
    e: I was a bit sore this morning (again) so just did my back/core exercises & stretches, some lunges, and a few other little things, maybe 15 min or so. I was thinking about going for a walk this afternoon, but it's snowing. It's freaking APRIL. It's not supposed to snow in Seattle in APRIL!

b: same eng muffin/turkey sausage & coffee
    s: yogurt w/bran crunchies
    l: spinach salad or lean pocket
    s: 100 cal pack of something
    d: Girls have Jazz tonight, so we usually only have time for take out. Will probably do a light taco or Quiznos.
    s: WW Ice cream bar
  • getting accountable...

nighttime overeating. list really belongs in chicks in control forum... like those honey wheat pretzels with butter??

ok, last 2 days, pop in the day, overeat at night. familiar but NOT happening tonight.

today
    romaine with last bit of crock pot chicken salsa and lowfat sour cream
    huuuge salad (from the lunch place) mixed greens, grilled chicken, feta chese/cuke/grape tomato salad, red cabage, red onion, pico de gallo, broc., balsamic vin. only/no oil

this month's migraine is starting today. the vice is on my temples.
    plan-- extend yaz cycles to mimic seasonale cycles.-- start allergy nasal inhaler, reduce sinus pressure.

further planning...crock pot pork going for dinner, apple later today...
    will end dinner with tea and 100cal trader joe dark choc.

critical plan of the day...avoid the binge that is brewing.
  • bad bad night last night. I think...I had PMS munchies? I'm not really sure what happened. Yesterday afternoon at work, I was so hungry I had a bag of 100 calorie kettle corn popcorn. After dinner last night, I had a piece of dark chocolate but it was old and yucky, so I only took one bite. Then I had a handful of Bunny crackers. That was a mistake - too sweet, too carby. After eating the crackers, my stomach was FULL but also hollow and achy feeling - the way my stomach feels when it wants lots of food. I managed to just stick to a cup of hot tea with honey.

It's ridiculous when I type that out. What did I eat extra yesterday? about 300 calories (popcorn, bite of dark chocolate, crackers, tea) yet I felt I was out of control and it was a lousy day. I probably ate 1900 calories TOTAL. On one hand, I'm amused I get so angsty over "nothing," on the other hand, I am glad that I am vigilant and so careful over even small amounts of extra calories.
  • Wednesday

B - TJ's fat free Greek yogurt with honey, 1/2 packaged of strawberries

L - BBQ salad - greens, chopped red cabbage, carrot shreddies, a little roasted corn, grape tomatoes, red onions, grilled chicken with BBQ sauce, a tiny bit of fat free ranch dressing, crispy Sante Fe tortilla strips for crunch

S - tangelo

S - cocoa

S - string cheese

D - home made beef stew with a whole wheat tortilla on the side
  • Glory - I feel you on the angst over a small amount. I've been beating myself in the head over what I just realized was only 35 calories worth of candy last night before bed.

I did just find out that DH is getting a 5% pay cut indefinitely (everyone in his company is across the board) so I'm trying not to eat something with a lot more than 35, or 300 even, calories as I ponder my budget for next month...
  • I hear ya, Glory, on the pms munchies.

Last night instead of eating food for dinner that I did not want I ate the dessert food that I did want.
    Less that full portion trader Joe dark choc ginger
    One starburst square
    Double portion honey wheat pretzels with butter
    Sliced peaches in light syrup

Done with that by 8:20, no more food after that and in bed by 10:30p.

Scale stayed the same as day before. Which is 2 pounds up from red line.

Actually feeing ok with it all this am.

Didn't mention that I ran 8 plus miles this past Tues. None yesterday. today TBD.
    Small injury near ankle. May need to rest it.
  • I was also really munchy yesterday so I had several (4, to be exact) servings of pretzel crisps and a spoonful of peanut butter. It put me at 2000 calories for the day, so that was my high-cal day for the week. Like Glory I'm glad it was a relatively small amount - I was definitely in a place where I could have had a much larger binge. 550 extra calories isn't too bad. I'd like to report that Barbara's Tamale pie recipe is delicious, and pretty easy to make - definitely gets a thumbs up from me!

Amanda, good scale, good scale!

Shannon, bummer about your husband's pay cut. Candy will not fix it though!

Thursday's plan:
    B - 1 c. Fiber One with Honey Clusters cereal, 1 c. skim milk, coffee w/ 1 Tbsp. h&h, strawberries
    S - 1 oz. raw almonds
    L - 1 slice whole wheat bread, egg salad (2 eggs, 2 t. light mayo, mustard, celery), 1 c. celery & 1 c. carrots
    S - 6 oz. light yogurt, 2 cups watermelon, rest of almonds, protein muffin if needed
    gym - cardio day - I haven't been very good at pushing myself to run (or even jog) lately, so I'm going to try and run/jog a few miles.
    D - Barbara's Tamale pie, 1 c. steamed asparagus
  • Thanks guys I did much better yesterday. I was on plan except for a handful of cashews (but it literally did fit in my rather small hand). Then I did a metric asston of housework, so I think it's okay. I'm actually unsure what I'm having for dinner tonight. I am getting the house all clean for a friend who's coming to visit (plane lands at 10:30 pm tonight) so I do NOT want to trash the kitchen. There's some leftover stew left, I might eat that, otherwise I'm going to pick up something quick and healthy from Trader Joe's.

In good news, I found out that I would NOT be laid off (they are laying off 1000 people from my organization). So - yay! My friend and I were already planning to go to a 6 course dinner at the Wine Vault on Sunday - now it's a celebration! So, going to be very careful and on plan this weekend in preparation.