Store bought bread; and water

• I've been aware the last few days that I'm retaining water in my ankles again, in a way that I'd stopped doing when I was eating veggie before I got the food poisoning.
    At first I put it down to the extra exercise, walking I was doing, and it might yet be, but I think the problem might be the store bought bread I've eaten.
    I hung on really hard yesterday, and stayed within budget but I ate a lot more bread at the expense of fruit and veggies because I did crave it.

It's all gone now, and I'm going to have a week off bread to see if I'm right about the water.

I guess it's a known thing that processed bread can lead to water retention?
  • I wouldn't be surprised in the least. My scale was stuck for 5 days because of the store-bought hummus I was eating. I quit eating it and the water melted away.

It's worth a try anyways. If it is the bread, trying making your own (which is what I did with the hummus) so you know what is in it and it is much healthier.
  • Yes, it definitely worths a try, I'm in a diet that doesn't allow any grain products and I can say my water retention got better.