Spring Season-Long (three months til bathing suits!) Challenge

You're on Page 3 of 23
Go to
  • That's right! Eat what you brought instead!

I praise whoever invented the decimal points on scales! This week, even .2 pounds is a huge encouragement!
  • Well it's been crazy and I've been working alone and my nerves are absolutely shot. My legs and feet are sore but I'm actually looking forward to some exercise before going home.
    I'm proud to report that I ate only what I brought with me AND had 40 oz of water. YAY me.
    I'm also seriously considering a 'mental health day' tonight.

And ITA Susan. Every little bit helps.
  • Yay Susan WTG

Spooky - GJ on eating what you brought. I always feel proud when I resist the urger to order with everyone else. Get off enjoy your workout then go home and get some rest. Something about exercise clears my head.

My Pushups are coming along ....my arms hurt badly. I did my Turbo Jam last night and I think I am gonna go through it in slo-mo so I get the moves down. I usually try and so something similar to keep my heart rate. I choreograghed - challenged!
  • Congrats on the new low Susan

CakeBatter: I really like spinning. Some instructors will actually try to incorporate some arm work but its not very much. I mainly use it as my cardio and then strength train. How is the pushup challenge? Im in horrible need of getting these arms in shape!

Spooky: Good job on the victories and resisting temptations! I have seen people of all sizes in my spin class. Maybe you should look into getting the seat cushion. Its incredibly helpful. That seat has a great way of making it up your butt and SUPER uncomfortable.

As for me, yesterday was a good OP day. Even did spinning...but no strength :X. Today is looking to be a good OP day too...resisted a HUGE urge to stop by dunkin donuts this morning

Good luck ladies! hope you have a great day
  • Cakebatter - I want to do the 100 pushups too, but I haven't started it yet. Right now I can only do planks. I hear you on being uncoordinated! TurboJam looks fun, but I would trip over my own feet if I tried it, LOL
    Spooky - YAY you for not ordering with everyone else! Peer pressure is so hard to resist.

As for me, I did pilates today and feel better, as my muscles were sore from my walk on Tuesday. My scale still hasn't dropped much at all. Meh.
  • I'm in if it is not too late to join. I'll post more details tomorrow after I check the scale. My motivation is that I will be having surgery in the end of June or beginning of July and the more weight I can lose the easier my recovery will be. I have problems with fibroids and I will be having a hysterectomy (I'm 44 years old). It will have to be an abdominal incision and the less abdominal stuff they need to go through the better it will be!! I would like to lose a minimum of 30 pounds in the next three months (a bit more would be wonderful but I would be happy with 30). My other goal is to work on my abdominal muscles. Stronger muscles will also make things easier once surgery is done. I will have an extra challenge though since I will be taking some medication that will induce menopause for the next three months. This is to decrease the size of the fibroids so that surgery will be "easier". I get the shot of medicine next Friday. So long story short (too late ) I'll be back tomorrow morning with some more concrete numbers and a plan
  • booski - Please join in. Here is the link http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167700. Have fun!

Econ - Welcome. Join us so we can all lose weight by summer together!
  • Well, I'm pleased to report that I did my workout (C25K, week 2 day 2) and went home and TRIED to sleep. I didn't get much sleep and I came into work sort of tired and cranky but I know now I was suffering from premenstrual syndrome.
    I woke up late and it occurred to me to stop on the way to work for a burger and a latte because I had a crazy amount of points to use up (around 15). Instead I made some dinner to take with me, had some yogurt, and successfully avoided that trap.
    After tonight I am off until Monday. I think I'm going to try and make some meals in advance so that it'll be easier when I'm working.
    Do we have weigh ins here? Or we'll just post when we normally have ours? I went to a ww meeting on Monday (needed some extra inspiration) but my ordinary meeting is Saturday so I'll post again then.
  • Good morning ladies! Yesterday I was so sick. I left work early even. I have to say though I think it is from the diet and exercise...meaning too many fruits and vegatables and too many crunches. Anyway I still got up and exercised yesterday morning and again this morning so I guess all is well...except for those damned double stuff oreos....
  • I weighed in last night at WW and I am up a pound. I believe this is duet to having no fridge for the past week and just trying to make due. Anyways yesterday I paid for a bage that this guy would be bringing this morning but after last night I wasn't feeling like a bagel. So I just ate what I brought for breakfast and wrapped the bagel up (maybe some other time). I stopped at the market before work and bought me some f fruit to make sure I had enough throughout the day.

You ladies seem to be doing well.

Spooky - WTG on C25K
    Wannabe - I like those oreos that are gold. emm emm emm lol

Edit: Ladies it dawned on me that for the past six years I have been trying to get into a bikini and every summer passes me by year after year. Its not that I haven't lost any weight becasue I have (and a good bit) but because it seems unrealistic that I will ever have a body that will constitute being able to wear one. It seems like I was not made for that sort of body so get over it! Any you ever felt this way and did it change for you?
  • My boss brought in donuts this morning at work...Im dying!

oh well...gotta be strong!
    good luck ladies
  • CakeBatter - I don't think I'll ever wear a bikini, honestly, but that doesn't mean I won't be able to wear some cute two-pieces that cover up!
  • Cakebatter ... oh yes. For one thing ... nobody wants to see a 48 y o mother and grandmother in a bikini ... I just want to dress nice without lumps.

Your goals are your own. Bikini? slim jeans? shorts? pencil skirt?

It's your summer body. That's the only thing you can strive for.
  • Quote: Things are going pretty well for me, but cutting out diet soda is hard. Feel free to send me any tips, I could use them!
    Hey!

I just cut out diet soda completely...

I'm not a very religious person, but in the past, friends of mine have each given up something for Lent. If we cheated, we would have to add a quarter to a glass jar and whoever lasted the longest without cheating...would win the jar of money. This year...I'm gonna win!
    This year, I gave up soda, chips and cookies. Basically, I gave up things that I want to cut out of my diet completely. I figured this would give me a push in the right direction.

I found it very hard the first week, but I've toughed it out since Feb 27th! It's hard to go to a restaurant and not order soda! I basically have 3 staple drinks....lots of water, tea (black or green) and sometimes I drink a glass of water that contains about 1/4 of cranberry/raspberry juice, just to have some flavour. I can't stand the aspartame in the little Crystal Light packages anymore...it grosses me out.

I hope this helps! I may get to the point...eventually...where I may re-introduce soda...once in a while...say once a month, but for now...I've completely cut it out...it's not even an option for me. Good luck!
  • I used to drink diet coke every single day. But now I have cut it down to about once a week.

WTG on NONE - Wfey - Don't think I could...