Spring Season-Long (three months til bathing suits!) Challenge

You're on Page 16 of 23
Go to
  • sjd Those numbers will start falling off...just keep with and DONT give up!!

Cake Thanks...I was a little scared of it too, and I almost fell off a few times!! LOL Im excited to do some ab work on it tonight

Prepping All the preparation must be super stressful! Good job on the food planning and exercise! I want to start getting into yoga. Are you using that as your strength training?

wifey Good job on hitting the gym!
  • Thanks for the hugs all!

SusanB, my eating is weird because I work nights. I pretty much keep it simple:

B (around 9am): non-fat yogurt, 1 slice whole wheat toast, fresh fruit and a bottle of water, sometimes 1/2 cup OJ with my vitamins

L (around 1230): large salad with baked chicken, 2 tbsp. FF dressing or balsamic vinegar, fresh fruit, slice of wheat bread, cheese, or a SF pudding cup, bottle of water OR I'll have baked chicken or fish, veggies, bread, fruit and water

D (around 900pm): turkey on whole wheat sandwich with cheese, a piece of fruit or a yogurt, bottle of water

4th meal LOL! (around 100am): fish, veggies, cheese, fresh fruit, slice of wheat bread, SF pudding cup, bottle of water

I'm usually at the gym by 645am and workout until 8am or 830am and then I usually start all over again!

Some days if I want something more filling, I'll have 1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese or add an egg to my salad, etc.

Any suggestions?
  • I don't think that's weird at all. In fact it sounds wonderful.

I've got a couple of subs that probably won't make much difference but might be worth a try. How about swapping out the pudding for cottage cheese with your fruit? Or some grainy crackers instead of the bread?

Is the turkey processed lunch meat?

What kind of fruit?

When do you sleep?
  • I eat the SF puddings because I LOVE sweets like chocolate, cake, chocolate cake, (LOL!) cookies, etc. and am a strong believer in dessert! LOL! Sometimes I'll eat a SF jello cup topped with FF whipped cream instead of a SF pudding cup.

I sometimes eat roasted garlic Triscuits instead of bread. They are supposed to be baked/whole grain/whole wheat crackers. I do know that they are good topped with a bit of cottage cheese!

Unfortunately, the turkey is processed lunch meat, but I'm just finishing what my hubby bought. I only have 2 slices left! LOL! I plan on switching my turkey sandwich to a tuna salad (low-fat mayo, dab of relish, drained tuna, and sometimes a boiled egg) sandwich with no cheese.

My fruits consist of d'anjou pears, oranges, apples, and cantaloupe. If I'm out of fresh fruit, I'll eat canned pineapple (drained and rinsed). I mainly eat oranges and cantaloupe.

I sleep from about 1pm-9pm. I try to get 8 hours of sleep just like I would if I slept at night.

Oh, I also drink another bottle of water at the gym!
  • Sounds wonderful. I dunno ... maybe the dreaded patience
  • TGIF Ladies!

Even though I was off last night, I still managed to make it to the gym at 6:30am. I did 45 min. on the elliptical on level 3. I also did some upper body strength training (focusing on the chest). Sweated my butt off!

So after my pity party yesterday, I'm proud to announce that I am down 3 lbs today! I couldn't believe it! I stepped on and off the scale like 3 times just to make sure! That was definitely motivation enough to keep going! So now I'm off to enjoy my breakfast and enjoy this beautiful Friday!
  • I having an absolute wonderful day! how's everyone doing??

aimee, I treat yoga as purely just a stress reliever. It's not strength training but there is a lot of stretching. If I can get in at least one session a week I'm happy.

sjd, you sound like you have yourself a great menu. Two recommendations that I can see:

1. Eat a snack between meals (no matter how inconvenient it may seem). If your body goes longer than 2-3 hrs without food it goes into starvation mode. This may be something you've heard over and over, and this is one more reinforcement that it's true. My consultant at the gym really emphasized this for me. As she said, you can eat as healthy as possible but if you're not eating often enough it's about as healthy as having chicken wings.

2. Try taking out some of the bread in your diet. I tend to limit myself to 2-3 servings a day (1 servings = 1 slice bread or 1/4 cup oatmeal or 6" wrap or 1/4 cup cooked rice or 1/2 cup cooked pasta).
    Hope this maybe helps You're doing great all around though!!!
  • Way to go SJD!!!

patience and perseverance paid off!!
  • Thanks for the tips! Tonight, my friend wants to take me to Sweet Tomatoes. Has anyone ever eaten there? I've looked up the restaurant online to get some nutritional info. and I was shocked to see the fat content in some of their salads! Also going to watch "Marley and Me"! I know I'm going to cry!
  • Morning!

I had a plannned destressing day yesterday. Work has been just overwelming lately! I drank, I had an appetizer and a great salad! Spinach salad and the add-on was a skewer of garlic shrimp. I didn't look up the calories but it was delicious.
    I'm mildly regretful but not much. I knew what I was doing and enjoyed DH's company very much.

The scale is up this morning but we all know how the salt in restaurant food can be. The good news is that those jeans, I talked about at the first of this challenge, will button. I probably have organ damage but I got them buttoned. Now how far can I really be from them fitting well enough to wear?
  • So I just passed the 85 pound mark and I'm hovering just about ONEderland. Its SOOOO frustrating to be so close! Ahh!
  • CONGRATULATIONS Kelly315!!!

Sweet Tomatoes wasn't too bad. I ate sensibly and maintained my weight.

JCPenney had a GREAT sale Saturday! Everything I bought was 50% off! I think Spring is over here! It felt like summer (temp in the 90s) and since I don't have any summer clothes that fit, I bought a couple of staple items to get me started... (Who am I trying to convince? LOL! ) I also tried on a couple of bathing suits. To my surprise, the size 12s fit and didn't look too bad! Of course I still have weight to lose and toning to do, but at least I didn't leave the fitting room in tears!
  • So much happiness this morning! I'm glad I stopped by.

Go Kelly! Just two pounds! You go my friend!

I didn't buy any clothing yesterday but I've found an outlet store that I'm definitely going to in another ten or fifteen pounds.
  • hello all i know that i have not been here much. especially this last week. but any way. i know this week will not be good more than likely be up it is just a matter of how much will that be.

i also decided to change my WI from sat to mon since i always have a hard time on the weekend. hopefully this way i will be more conscience of what i am doing aka the boredom eating on the weekends. i am tired of playing catch up for part of the week too.

hope everyone is having a good weekend.
  • I bought an eliptical! It's not coming for a week and a half but still ... I'm pretty excited! Excited enough to actually use my weight bench to do legs. And I walked back and forth to church.

It's a good exercise day and not bad food-wise either.