Chatting about Diabetes - SPRING 2009

You're on Page 7 of 19
Go to
  • i definitely spoke too soon..when i woke up this am my fbg was 137...eek! i guess it could be any number of things...i had a 100 calorie pack and a diet soda before bed, and i also havent exercised in two days. so this morning i just had plain oatmeal and an apple.
  • Thanks Meowee,now one more question,when they first gave it to me over a month ago the directions on it said take once a day adjust as needed. well I thought you were suppose to shot it in the morning so thats what i have been doing,,now this last one says take at night ? does it matter ? i am still taking it in the morning. thanks,,jeanne ps,,hi to everyone else out there.
  • Been running a bit high in the mornings with 7.2 to 7.6 but am not worrying too much. Life is too short to become obsessed with numbers.

No Easter goodies have crossed my lips but the weekend is still young. Be strong, my friends! This too shall pass or "gam zeh yaavor" as we say in Hebrew.
  • Good Morning . . .

Well, it is morning, but the weather is definitely trying to take a turn for "not good". Just overcast so far, but we shall see,

Both the FBGL (this morning 6.3/113) and the weight (this morning about 208.5 - yesterday was 212) seem to have recovered from the debacle of salty Chinese for lunch on Thursday.

Jeanne . . . you might want to ask you doctor? I've never heard of anyone taking Lantus in the morning, but really can't see that it would make a big difference. If you want to switch over, it might be wise to do it gradually though; like moving two or three hours later at a time?

Mel . . . your comments in that other thread just made me so proud . . . you've definitely been listening and learning, kiddo.

Ruth . . . those are high numbers for you; never fear; we both know that they will balance out again.

Okay, gotta get my 'rear in gear'. Need to call the drugstore for a repeat on meds and then hit Sobeys to pick up a couple of things they have on sale for today only.

Have a good Saturday everybody and try to stay away from those clucking bunnies -- hey, that's a reference to the Cadbury's Easteer Egg commercials; not what you are thinking.
  • Good Easter Sunday Morning to all . . .

Hope you all have a glorious day . . . afraid it is raining around here, but so far no snow. Both the scale (208) and the FBGL (5.6/101) were very good to me today. Don't want to make a guess about tomorrow though. I will try to control myself, really I will.
  • Hello, I'm new here but I am hoping someone can answer a question for me. I was diagnosed on Friday and just picked up my meds yesterday(500 mg. 2/x day metforin and something else that I take with meals - Pranin? - don't have it handy). I started my meds last night and this morning my levels were higher (254) than before I took the meds (200). Does it take awhile for the meds to work or should it be more immediate? I have an appointment tomorrow morning with a diabetes educator so dietwise I followed weight watchers pretty much yesterday and did 20 min on the elliptical. I guess I expected a drop in levels immediately after starting meds but maybe it takes a few doses to start working? Any insight would be appreciated!
  • metformin is a systemic drug, and therefore its effects aren't immediate. i went through this earlier this pasts month when the same thng hapened to me. it can take weeks to see any changes, and months to see the full effects...be patietn...and welcome!!!
  • Thanks VermontChick! This is all so overwhelming right now.
  • my fasting blood glucose seems to be something to be controled still. it was 114 this morning. then i had a weight watchers yogurt and it spiked up to 177. doesn't that seem high? any thoughts? i only had the yugurt because i was sick to my stomach - i threw up actually. do you think that could raise blood sugar levels? on a more sour note, i didnt lose any weight this week. i guess it's to be expected, i had a bad week, and only exercised three times.
  • Good Morning Sweeties . . . . . . and a special for you JERSEY.

Don't worry, things take time and the only thing you can be certain of with Diabetes is the uncertainty. Just try to stay calm and relaxed because stress can make the BGL soar as can being sick, VERMONT.

Now for me . . . the BGL was up a bit this morning at 6.5 / 117 and might be because I didn't sleep too well, but who knows. At least the scale is still being kind at 208. HOWEVER, the weather is definitely not being kind -- it's snowing -- just off and on flurries and nothing seems to be sticking around.

See you later, gang . . . keep fighting the good fight.
  • Hello everyone!

Would Spring ever come? My FBGL was 127 (ouch!), yesterday we went to an Easter dinner/birthday party and I couldn't resist the food specially the cake

Time to get back in track...Enjoy your Monday everyone!
  • i hate not having control over this stuff!!!!
  • Well, my BGL was 8.8 this morning - that's 158.4. I have no idea what is going on but don't like it one bit. I'll really watch the carbs today. The scale is up to 203 - probably because I ran out of my diuretic.

I wonder if it could be stress because I'm going to visit Meowee this coming weekend and am worrying about her force-feeding me vegetables!
  • Oh yeah . . . that must be it . . .
  • i can't wait to hear about your visit ruth!! ha ha, i bet she will definitely force feed those veggies.

my metformin has been kicking me in the butt lately. when that happens i know i am not eating as well as i should. i lost only one pound this week (not sure if it was cause i only exercised three days, but i am pretty sure that it had more to do with the easter candy and piece of chocolate cake that i had).

i need to be eating more veggies, i have to be very proactive about that. i do not want to slip back into having carbs and crap (even if they're 'low cal') for snacks.

i have never felt better in my life, and i have no idea which lifestyle change i can attribute that to, but i don't think i want to find out!

i can't believe how many years i experienced fatigue, i just thought it was a way of life. it's like now i have this 'bounce' in all my steps..

..i swear i am not on any illegal substances!!

have a great day ladies...