The 90 Calorie Cucumber Sandwich

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I used to eat these like crazy when I was young (and skinny!). I had forgotten all about them:

1/2 whole wheat pita -- 55 calories
    1 Tb low-fat mayonnaise -- 15 calories
    1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumbers -- 10 calories
    2 tomato slices-- 10 calories
    salt/pepper

The cucumbers make it good and crunchy. I just ate 2 of these for lunch, for 180 calories, and I am stuffed

Marianne
  • Wow. That sounds really good. Thanks for sharing!
  • Sounds yummy!
  • wow, I'd forgotten how good cucumber sandwiches can be, and I've never tried it your way - but I will tomorrow, after I've been shopping. thanks!
  • I used to make cucumber and tomato burritos, they were my favorite. With a little salt, so good
  • Okay, Yum. I need to make this tomorrow for lunch hah

minus the mayo! I will add salsa
  • I will be making these! I love cucumbers and can't get enough tomato! thanks for posting this.

As Ever
    Me
  • Well, now I know what my hubby and I are having for lunch tomorrow. They sound terrific and easy to make. That's the hardest part of lunch...

Thanks
  • Wished I liked Tomatoes or Cucumbers
  • You know, I think I'd prefer plain yogurt with some spices mixed in rather than the mayo but that looks good. Sort of like a meat free gyro sandwich. Especially with Greek-ish spices in the yogurt.
  • Gosh that sounds so good....I think I'll plant more cucumbers...thanks for sharing that
  • mmm sounds yummy, you could even add some deli turkey or chicken to add some protein!!
  • I used to make something similar, only instead of mayo I'd use light cream cheese. Hmm, maybe I'll have that for lunch tomorrow with a little turkey... sounds good!
  • This sounds fabulous. I like the yogurt idea a lot too--great with Greek yogurt and some fresh mint possibly.

FYI, I found some Earthgrains bread this week with 35 calories a slice. I typically stick to whole foods but I like having the option. I made WW pimento cheese this week and made open faced sandwiches for me. It was deeeeelish!
  • I loved eating tomato and mayo sandwiches. I thought I was strange!