MRC..Come on Over..Take 33

You're on Page 17 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: Question I am new & I need advice about eating out!

Hi,
    This is my first week of MRC & I am spending the day at Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO tomorrow. That means eating out every meal & not being able to do my protein shakes. I'm freaking out. Help!
    Thanks,
    Sheila
    Hi Sheila and welcome! Usually if I'm going out for a day, I'll try to do a bar for one of the meals that I'm gone. I know this is your first week though so you probably don't have those yet. The best thing I can suggest is to take some things that are portable such as boiled eggs, raw veggies, cottage cheese in disposable containers, hard cheese) and just do the best you can. Do you have any hns concentrates? Those are very easy to mix and you can do it anywhere as long as you can get some water. Some people have even just squeezed them directly into their mouths from the package without mixing them with water if they are in a bind. It's just one day so if you can't follow plan exactly it won't mess the diet up much unless you binge and eat a bunch of junk food. Just stick to it as closely as possible to make it through the day and you'll be fine. Have a great time!
  • Quote: I have recently started exercising again (as of wed) I have done incredibly well without much exercise at all since I started (off and on). Glad to be back in the game 100% with ya!
    Okay, I asked my MRC ladies about the peanut butter cup recipe this morning and they said Waldon Farms PB was not allowed. They did say they would email their supervisor to double check but only thing allowed from Waldon Farms was salad dressing. I would truly love it if it were allowed. I must admit, this past week I have had two handfuls of almonds (one on Wed and one today). I felt like a needed something solid as a mid afternoon snack that wasnt a HNS. I know that its not allowed, but I feel like it was an accomplishment to ONLY eat the recommended serving own the package and feel satisfied with it. In the past I would have totally started binging because "I blew my diet by eating something off plan". I think because I started exercising on Wed is why my body felt like I needed something extra. I promised myself that it isn't going to become a habit tho!
    I can totally relate to the starving feeling with exercising. Last night I literally thought I was going to pass out in the evening so I had string cheese. I could have had an HNS, but I had already had 5 for the day.

Glad you are back, too!!
  • Quote: Question I am new & I need advice about eating out!

Hi,
    This is my first week of MRC & I am spending the day at Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO tomorrow. That means eating out every meal & not being able to do my protein shakes. I'm freaking out. Help!
    Thanks,
    Sheila
    You can have the concentrates straight without mixing them with water. They are pretty easy to carry along with you and do "when no one is watching". I just tear off the corner of the package and drink them when I am in a pinch.
  • Quote: You're doing awesome!! 11 lbs. closer to goal!!
    Thanks, Keepin, you are SO close to your goal. that is such and inspiration to me and I'll bet to all us newbies.. I have been on almost every diet known to man since I was 10, and i have NEVER not cheated or (even more amazing) not even wanted to cheat! I don't know if it is magic or what, but this diet program just WORKS! And i feel great, not deprived at all.. Being able to read this forum and talk to you helps more than you can imagine, especially since I don't have a center. I am really close to getting my ticker and i can't wait! Thanks again, Keepin!!
  • I have a question, please. What exactly is the flax oil for? I just got mine and started taking it.. I noticed that it has 27 calories, fat calories. What do we take that for?/
  • Quote: Thanks, Keepin, you are SO close to your goal. that is such and inspiration to me and I'll bet to all us newbies.. I have been on almost every diet known to man since I was 10, and i have NEVER not cheated or (even more amazing) not even wanted to cheat! I don't know if it is magic or what, but this diet program just WORKS! And i feel great, not deprived at all.. Being able to read this forum and talk to you helps more than you can imagine, especially since I don't have a center. I am really close to getting my ticker and i can't wait! Thanks again, Keepin!!
    Quote: I have a question, please. What exactly is the flax oil for? I just got mine and started taking it.. I noticed that it has 27 calories, fat calories. What do we take that for?/
    Thanks Janet! I love coming to this forum too! Hearing all the excitement in the newbies posts keeps me excited too.....we inspire each other I think the quicker weight loss is what really kept me from cheating in the beginning. I saw the scale moving and I didn't want to do anything to slow it down at all! I've been dieting since I was 12 (I'm 41 now) but this was my first time joining a diet center. I'm hoping to make this a lifestyle change instead of a diet so I can keep this weight off for good! The last time I was this weight was in 1995 before I got pregnant with my last child.

As for the flax seed oil, it speeds up your weight loss. I know the calories and fat seem high but from what I understand, the fat is the "good" fat that we need to balance the "bad" fat and help flush it out. I'm taking 3 at each meal and am losing fine. As a matter of fact, I started out only taking 1 at each meal and I would increase them every time my weight loss slowed down a bit. I feel like it really helped me. I tried the phentratrim for about a month and a half when I was about 3 months in and I don't feel like it did anything for me so I quit that. Everyone's body is different though. There are people that swear by it. Pay attention to your body and how you feel and stay on program and the weight will keep coming off!
  • Quote: Thanks Janet! I love coming to this forum too! Hearing all the excitement in the newbies posts keeps me excited too.....we inspire each other I think the quicker weight loss is what really kept me from cheating in the beginning. I saw the scale moving and I didn't want to do anything to slow it down at all! I've been dieting since I was 12 (I'm 41 now) but this was my first time joining a diet center. I'm hoping to make this a lifestyle change instead of a diet so I can keep this weight off for good! The last time I was this weight was in 1995 before I got pregnant with my last child.

As for the flax seed oil, it speeds up your weight loss. I know the calories and fat seem high but from what I understand, the fat is the "good" fat that we need to balance the "bad" fat and help flush it out. I'm taking 3 at each meal and am losing fine. As a matter of fact, I started out only taking 1 at each meal and I would increase them every time my weight loss slowed down a bit. I feel like it really helped me. I tried the phentratrim for about a month and a half when I was about 3 months in and I don't feel like it did anything for me so I quit that. Everyone's body is different though. There are people that swear by it. Pay attention to your body and how you feel and stay on program and the weight will keep coming off!
    I am taking the MCR-6, my counselor swears by it, and she just sent me the flax. I will definitely take it now, even though it is a LOT of big pills! I am also taking the Vit B12. I just read recently about drinking the HNS and taking the pills 1/2 hr before eating, I had been doing it right before. Little tips like these really help!! I am REALLY glad for you and how great you have done.. You and I have so much in common (weight, age) that it really gives me hope to see what you have accomplished. Do you exercise a lot? I have had 4 back surgeries, so I am pretty limited what I can do (except walking a lot at work at the hospital). I had a gastriic bypass in 1992, lost 125 lbs and kept it off for about 10 years. the last 7 yrs or so, however, it came back with a vengengence, esp since the surgeries...
  • Keepin, I got my tracker!!! YAY! I am soo excited!
  • I had a MAJOR test today. My whole family (12 of us) met at Brown County Cooking Buffet for lunch today to celebrate a couple of birthdays. (My oldest son's 20th and my sisters) They had all kinds of fried, yummy stuff. I had a salad and some boiled shrimp. I SOOOO wanted a piece of this almond cake that is my favorite, but i did not take a crumb, and I brought my own spritz salad dressing.. I am pretty proud of myself!
  • Quote: I had a MAJOR test today. My whole family (12 of us) met at Brown County Cooking Buffet for lunch today to celebrate a couple of birthdays. (My oldest son's 20th and my sisters) They had all kinds of fried, yummy stuff. I had a salad and some boiled shrimp. I SOOOO wanted a piece of this almond cake that is my favorite, but i did not take a crumb, and I brought my own spritz salad dressing.. I am pretty proud of myself!
    Congratulations Janett!!! Sounds like you did FANTASTIC!! Keep up the great work!!
  • Thanks so much for the encouragement & advice!
    I ended up waiting until after breakfast to go to Silver Dollar City, so I was able to eat on plan. Since it is about 2 hrs. away, we stopped at McDonald's for lunch & I told them I wanted "something with a grilled chicken breast". He said, "no problem, people order just a grilled chicken breast all the time here". Wow, I had no idea I could get that at McD's. I was really excited!
    Then for dinner I found a "low carb chicken fajita" at Silver Dollar City.
    There was a disaster, though....I attempted to discreetly pour my grape concentrate into my Dasani water bottle & it squirted all over the place & made a huge sticky mess! Everyone was staring & I was sooo embarassed! So I just got some wipes & did my best to clean up the mess & drink the small part of concentrate that actually made it into my water bottle!
    Anyway....I'm proud of myself for doing so well & resisting the funnel cakes, dippin dots, etc. that the rest of my family was eating.
    I just kept telling myself that it would be worth it when I lost weight & became healthier so I can do more things with my 11 yr. old daughter.
    Oh, yes, & also thinking about them having to give me a seatbelt extender & how embarassing that is!
    I don't know what I would do without this forum.....y'all keep me motivated. I think the Phenatrim must not be working for me because I am extremely hungry this afternoon!!!
    Sheila
  • Quote: I am taking the MCR-6, my counselor swears by it, and she just sent me the flax. I will definitely take it now, even though it is a LOT of big pills! I am also taking the Vit B12. I just read recently about drinking the HNS and taking the pills 1/2 hr before eating, I had been doing it right before. Little tips like these really help!! I am REALLY glad for you and how great you have done.. You and I have so much in common (weight, age) that it really gives me hope to see what you have accomplished. Do you exercise a lot? I have had 4 back surgeries, so I am pretty limited what I can do (except walking a lot at work at the hospital). I had a gastriic bypass in 1992, lost 125 lbs and kept it off for about 10 years. the last 7 yrs or so, however, it came back with a vengengence, esp since the surgeries...
    I know what you mean....swallowing those big pills is really a pain. I have to take huge gulps of water and only take one at a time. My mom can just throw them all in her mouth at once and swallow them but it's definitely harder for me.

I didn't start exercising regularly until December 1st. I had been on program for about 2 1/2 months and had already lost about 35 lbs. I started walking on my treadmill for 30 minutes 3 times per week. In January I started the Couch to 5K program. Now I am training with ShineOn for a 1/2 marathon on May 3rd. We ran 6 miles last Thursday and we'll be up to 7 miles this Friday. If someone had told me a year ago that I would be running a 1/2 marathon this May, I would have laughed in their face! I still can't believe it myself. Exercise definitely helps, but don't let it discourage you if you can't do much because of your back surgeries. Do you like to swim or do water aerobics? That's supposed to be low impact and really good for you. Walking is great too though and sometimes the most convenient.

Quote: Keepin, I got my tracker!!! YAY! I am soo excited!
    Woohoo!!! I love your ticker!

Quote: I had a MAJOR test today. My whole family (12 of us) met at Brown County Cooking Buffet for lunch today to celebrate a couple of birthdays. (My oldest son's 20th and my sisters) They had all kinds of fried, yummy stuff. I had a salad and some boiled shrimp. I SOOOO wanted a piece of this almond cake that is my favorite, but i did not take a crumb, and I brought my own spritz salad dressing.. I am pretty proud of myself!
    Congrats for resisting temptation! You'll be that much stronger next time because you know you can do it! Cake tastes good but, I have to say, fitting into a size 8 pair of jeans sure feels lots better!!
  • Quote: Thanks so much for the encouragement & advice!
    I ended up waiting until after breakfast to go to Silver Dollar City, so I was able to eat on plan. Since it is about 2 hrs. away, we stopped at McDonald's for lunch & I told them I wanted "something with a grilled chicken breast". He said, "no problem, people order just a grilled chicken breast all the time here". Wow, I had no idea I could get that at McD's. I was really excited!
    Then for dinner I found a "low carb chicken fajita" at Silver Dollar City.
    There was a disaster, though....I attempted to discreetly pour my grape concentrate into my Dasani water bottle & it squirted all over the place & made a huge sticky mess! Everyone was staring & I was sooo embarassed! So I just got some wipes & did my best to clean up the mess & drink the small part of concentrate that actually made it into my water bottle!
    Anyway....I'm proud of myself for doing so well & resisting the funnel cakes, dippin dots, etc. that the rest of my family was eating.
    I just kept telling myself that it would be worth it when I lost weight & became healthier so I can do more things with my 11 yr. old daughter.
    Oh, yes, & also thinking about them having to give me a seatbelt extender & how embarassing that is!
    I don't know what I would do without this forum.....y'all keep me motivated. I think the Phenatrim must not be working for me because I am extremely hungry this afternoon!!!
    Sheila

Congrats on making it through your first big temptation!! Not having to worry about fitting into park rides anymore is definitely worth missing the junk food!! I have a trip to California planned in about a month and I'm excited that I won't have to squeeze into the plane seats anymore Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!!
  • janett41, I am 42 yrs. old & I have 2 artificial hips. I do water aerobics & the stationary bike. Sometimes I feel bad about not being able to do a lot of things others can do, but I keep plugging on & it does help. Not only does it help with my weight, but also my attitude.
    Congrats on overcoming temptation.
    My hubby & daughter are making chocolate chip cookies right now & the smell is killing me, so I am in the back room where I can't smell them so much now...
  • Congrats on making it through silver dollar city been there a bunch of times, I live in NW Ark and I know how wonderful all the food is there. An update on myself went to WI on Friday at the center where I swear all the girls are cranky. I hadn't even done the weigh in yet and the girl was already telling me how if wanted to lose more weight faster, I needed to drink more supplements a day at least try to do 3, I told her I couldnt afford it and that I was purchasing a elliptical this weekend to help with the weight loss.

By the way lost 2.5 pounds.

Did buy the elliptical and could only do 6 minutes. Plan on adding 2 min a day until I reach 30.

Just wanted to let everyone know.