MRC..Come on Over..Take 33

You're on Page 16 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: I dunno if this is the place for this question, but...is it normal to have a constant brain-splitting headache when you first start this program? I see no reason to drink decaff Coke/coffee so I quit cold turkey last week during the pre-conditioning, so I was expecting a headache, for a day or two. I'm only on my second day of the actual plan (yellow menu) and I'm still hitting the 8 pill per day limit for Advil intake. I don't know how much my poor abused liver can take, tbh, so I'm a tad worried.
    It is normal, because your body is withdrawling from both caffeine and carbs at the same time. My headaches lasted about a week if I remember correctly.
  • [

I am happy today. I was feeling a bit down, tired and burnt out of the food and was soooo tempted to cheat tonight. But I didn't and I still went for my WI and I am down 1.5 lbs since Friday. Not too bad considering I had a bit of an upset stomach Friday and thought I was coming down with the stomach flu and went off plan and had tomoto soup with Acini de Pepi pasta in it. So I guess it didn't kick me too far off plan. AND they were having a food cooking class tonight and I tried so new "receipes" that are going to SAVE ME. They did this YUMMY thing with the vanilla pudding, walden farms peanut butter spread and choc. pudding on top and OMG it was like a peanut butter cup. I also learned how to make a pizza that my 5 year old couldn't get enough of. I feel much better tonight. I am getting ready to jump on the treadmill and I am so releaved I didn't cave. YEAH.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyzjydO/]
    [/QUOTE]

Could you post those two recipes on the MRC Recipe thread? I posted my Mexican Pizza up there, but would love to see what this other pizza involves.
    Thanks and congrats on the 1.5 lbs!
    -Oreoparent
  • Oreo-
    Where did you post the pudding w/ pb recipe??
  • Quote: So how did they make this peanut butter cup thing. Was it just the vanilla pudding, WF peanut butter spread and chocolate pudding layered? Sound really good!
    They took 1 Vanilla Creme Pudding Supplement and mixed with the water. Try to make it level in the bowl, then they had about 1/2 inch thick layer of the Walden Farms PB spread. On top of the PB they had mixed a Double Choc. Pudding Supplement. Put it in th fridge until well chilled.

(I really liked this. I have always had a bit of a sweet tooth and PB cups are my fav and it reminded me of the PB cup). I didn't really taste the vanilla pudding mainly just the PB and choc. but it was good. And b/c it had chilled a while it had a thicker and more solid texture then when I normally whip up my pudding for a treat.

Of course, since you are using 2 creamies this would have to be split in half when eatten.

Quote: [

I am happy today. I was feeling a bit down, tired and burnt out of the food and was soooo tempted to cheat tonight. But I didn't and I still went for my WI and I am down 1.5 lbs since Friday. Not too bad considering I had a bit of an upset stomach Friday and thought I was coming down with the stomach flu and went off plan and had tomoto soup with Acini de Pepi pasta in it. So I guess it didn't kick me too far off plan. AND they were having a food cooking class tonight and I tried so new "receipes" that are going to SAVE ME. They did this YUMMY thing with the vanilla pudding, walden farms peanut butter spread and choc. pudding on top and OMG it was like a peanut butter cup. I also learned how to make a pizza that my 5 year old couldn't get enough of. I feel much better tonight. I am getting ready to jump on the treadmill and I am so releaved I didn't cave. YEAH.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyzjydO/]

Could you post those two recipes on the MRC Recipe thread? I posted my Mexican Pizza up there, but would love to see what this other pizza involves.
    Thanks and congrats on the 1.5 lbs!
    -Oreoparent[/QUOTE]

They also did Cole Slaw that I thought was pretty good. They took regular angel hair slaw (without carrots) and mixed it with 1 bottle of the Walden Farms Honey Dijon dressing. It was pretty good. The dressing has a bit of a sweet tang to it.

They did Cinnamon and Sugar Chips by cutting up a 40 calorie tortilla (they cut the pieces into quarter sized "chips") . They coated the pieces with ground cinnamon and a few packets of splenda then put on a sheet pan in the oven about 350 degrees and baked them. I was told to check on them often and flip them around b/c they can and will burn quickly.

They were pretty good. My son loved them too. They tasted kind of like the cinnamon twists that you used to be able to get at Taco Bell.

I will post the pizza after I talk to my counselor again. I was so excited and (too busy eating it ) I missed some major steps when writing down the receipe. I go back on Friday.
  • Quote: They took 1 Vanilla Creme Pudding Supplement and mixed with the water. Try to make it level in the bowl, then they had about 1/2 inch thick layer of the Walden Farms PB spread. On top of the PB they had mixed a Double Choc. Pudding Supplement. Put it in th fridge until well chilled.

(I really liked this. I have always had a bit of a sweet tooth and PB cups are my fav and it reminded me of the PB cup). I didn't really taste the vanilla pudding mainly just the PB and choc. but it was good. And b/c it had chilled a while it had a thicker and more solid texture then when I normally whip up my pudding for a treat.

Of course, since you are using 2 creamies this would have to be split in half when eatten.
    This sounds delicious! I am going to file it away for the times when I am craving something sweet!
  • Phentermine
    Just wondering if anyone here has ever taken Phentermine. My doctor gave it to me a while back and I had good success with it. The only drawback is that after a while you become immune to it. Well, I have been off it a while and when I go back in for a check up with my Doc, I may get it and begin using it instead of the All Day WL. I think it will work much better for me. Anyway just curious if anyone has any thoughts or know of any interaction between phentermine and the other supplements (I know you cant take it with All day WL).

• So last week I hit my 20 pound mark actually 21lbs but then I went off program over the weekend and I just can't seem to get back on and stay on. Any advice? I think I am also getting sick so that doesn't help since I am really not hungry, and certain foods that I should eat I wont get enough of.

Thanks
  • @dla: Ah okay then. I have migraines so I'm used to the sensation of John Henry driving steel through my grey matter, but not for a week plus! *whew* Thanx. That's a relief to hear.

I'm actually down to about five or four Advil a day now (I'm on Day 5) so things are looking up.
  • Quote: I am trying to convince myself to start this program. I am from Boston and there are no center here. That is the only thing that is an issue with me. I would have loved to be able to go to center and do it in person. But I think I am going to call a center either in GA or FL and get started.
    What are your thoughts on doing this program over the phone? I appreciate your thoughts.
    Rachel, i am new and have been on for 2 1/2 wks, and i am doing it without a center. My counselor is a sister to a girl in my office, and we do it through emails, phone, and mail. I am lucky, because she is just great and i talk to her in one form or another at least 2-3 times a week. My friend, her sister does my measuring. I SOO wish i had a center, though just to partake in the fellowship and classes.. Still, working just great for me so far. Down 11 lbs in 2 2/1 wks! I use this website almost every day as a support system and it is so great to have it here, and the ladies are really great!
  • Quote: Rachel, i am new and have been on for 2 1/2 wks, and i am doing it without a center. My counselor is a sister to a girl in my office, and we do it through emails, phone, and mail. I am lucky, because she is just great and i talk to her in one form or another at least 2-3 times a week. My friend, her sister does my measuring. I SOO wish i had a center, though just to partake in the fellowship and classes.. Still, working just great for me so far. Down 11 lbs in 2 2/1 wks! I use this website almost every day as a support system and it is so great to have it here, and the ladies are really great!
    You're doing awesome!! 11 lbs. closer to goal!!
  • Feeling blah
    Hi All,
    Well I am feeling blah. I really thought I was going to have a good week and I guess I should be happy that I did lose 1.5 lb since Monday, but I just honestly thought I lost more. My average is 2.9lbs per week. I know, come on Jenn be thankful, but honestly after averaging 4 and the hitting a bump after 41 days it just totally bums me out. Please help me get motivated again, I am doing everything 100%, I just need some support ty.
  • I have been completely back OP for an entire week now. I feel much more energized and have even started exercising again. Finally I feel like I have my head in the game again.

I decided earlier this week that I want to be at my goal by my 40th birthday in the first part of December. Should be more than doable, but at the rate I was going it wasn't going to happen.

I tried the "peanut butter cup" recipe last night...it was good for a change of pace. I also tried the MRC nachos. Thanks for posting those ideas ladies...that's why I love this site!
  • Hi all! I have been gone for a WHILE and BAD BAD BAD off plan! I gained back (alot) of what I lost and am starting over (well, almost) My new goal is to lose 73 lbs. I know how to do it, I just have to make up my mind to do it and not give up. I got too excited about the way I looked and the sizes I was buying and lost sight of the end goal. That's ok - because this time I know better and will be EXTRA careful when I start getting back to the "danger zone" of being close to goal. I do need support, though, and this forum is great for that! Just wanted to say a quick "hello" and let everyone know I was back
  • Quote: I have been completely back OP for an entire week now. I feel much more energized and have even started exercising again. Finally I feel like I have my head in the game again.

I decided earlier this week that I want to be at my goal by my 40th birthday in the first part of December. Should be more than doable, but at the rate I was going it wasn't going to happen.

I tried the "peanut butter cup" recipe last night...it was good for a change of pace. I also tried the MRC nachos. Thanks for posting those ideas ladies...that's why I love this site!
    I have recently started exercising again (as of wed) I have done incredibly well without much exercise at all since I started (off and on). Glad to be back in the game 100% with ya!
    Okay, I asked my MRC ladies about the peanut butter cup recipe this morning and they said Waldon Farms PB was not allowed. They did say they would email their supervisor to double check but only thing allowed from Waldon Farms was salad dressing. I would truly love it if it were allowed. I must admit, this past week I have had two handfuls of almonds (one on Wed and one today). I felt like a needed something solid as a mid afternoon snack that wasnt a HNS. I know that its not allowed, but I feel like it was an accomplishment to ONLY eat the recommended serving own the package and feel satisfied with it. In the past I would have totally started binging because "I blew my diet by eating something off plan". I think because I started exercising on Wed is why my body felt like I needed something extra. I promised myself that it isn't going to become a habit tho!
  • Need Advice
    Question I am new & I need advice about eating out!

Hi,
    This is my first week of MRC & I am spending the day at Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO tomorrow. That means eating out every meal & not being able to do my protein shakes. I'm freaking out. Help!
    Thanks,
    Sheila