MRC..Come on Over..Take 33

You're on Page 11 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: Thanks! I went into panic mode! Keep up the good work. You are a great inspiration!
    Thanks! Sorry I caused the panic! That was about how I felt when I found out I could only have cheese 3x per week at lunch on the green menu!!

Quote: Ok, I had my first weigh in since pre conditioning. Im on the beige menu. I am up 1.5lbs! I don't know if I am taking in too muchs sodium (been picking up salads alot from fast food and I thinkt he meat has lots of sodium). I am driniking water like crazy. I have not went off plan except for some caffience, could that be it?

I did cheat some on Sat and Sun of precondiditoning and this may be the reason. I have been so used to eating 5 or 6 small meals each day, the 3 meals during pre con was really hard. I find that having the HNS between some meals makes it so easy.

Anyhow, I am really discouraged and don't know what to do. I guess I will just make sure I am following the plan to a t. Any advice?
    The sodium can definitely make a difference and so can the caffeine. I wouldn't worry about it too much though. Your body is probably just in shock right now and holding on to all it can. Stay strong and stick to plan and it will start coming off!
  • Quote: Thanks! Sorry I caused the panic! That was about how I felt when I found out I could only have cheese 3x per week at lunch on the green menu!!

The sodium can definitely make a difference and so can the caffeine. I wouldn't worry about it too much though. Your body is probably just in shock right now and holding on to all it can. Stay strong and stick to plan and it will start coming off!
    Thanks I will. I am going to try no coffe tomorrow.
  • when i quit coffee it took me a week or so to not feel tired in the mornings like i was before. i also started going to bed a little earlier in the evenings and i think that's why it didn't take me so long to adjust. i don't like the taste of coffee unless it's got honey in it and it actually was causing my stomach to cramp if i didn't have a TON of creamer in it and i don't like creamer either so it wasn't a hardship to give up craving wise, just being tired wise you know.... *sigh*

Good Luck!!
  • Quote: I could never find the low sodium either. I make mine with chili powder, cumin, mrs dash extra spicy, ground pepper & sea salt with garlic. Or whatever hits for the mood. Yummy!
    Do you have a Kroger grocery store? Kroger goes by other names...like our is called Payless (not the shoe store). I found it with all the other mccormick packets. I have also looked at walmart and they dont carry it.
  • Quote: I have been using the hidden valley ranch powder with the lowfat cottage cheese and blending it, OMG, it tastes just like the real thing. I've had it with my salad or as a dip with cukes and broccoli. I just make sure I measure how many ounces, since it will count against my protein, and then just have the rest in chicken or whatever else I choose as my protein. It has been a lifesaver, because I was getting so tired of olive oil and vinagar with my salads, I was about to give up on salads. I have also tried the baked apple with cinnamon and spenda for lunch, it tastes just like apple pie. Just an FYI for anyone else bored with the same things.
    The baked apples are the best! I love them with vanilla pudding....
    Also I use the spray on dressings for salads and it is yummy! Kraft was making packets of dressings that were OP but I can't seem to find them lately.
  • lmickley :
    I too gained my first week on program, I wanted to cry I was so upset!! I alos went from 6 small meals a day to 3 and the change was so difficult. The following week I had a good loss. I must admit I am not losing as fast as others but I am losing and I feel good so I am happy!
  • Quote: Do you have a Kroger grocery store? Kroger goes by other names...like our is called Payless (not the shoe store). I found it with all the other mccormick packets. I have also looked at walmart and they dont carry it.
    Look for the generic brands also. I know our kroger store carries it in their brand but not the McCormick brand!
    Good luck!
  • Hi everyone!
    I have been out of town most of this last week and did not do very well. I honestly tried, but the lat night we were treated to dinner-MEXICAN! Good grief, I cannot eat a salad in a Mexican restaurant. And ever since that meal, I have been so bloated and full of sodium. I am drinking a ton of water but I am not sure it is working. Ugh. Anyway, this weekend is my bridal shower so I am sure I will have some treats. Then next weekend is my bachelorette party in VEGAS! I know I will be eating and drinking badly. I guess I just wanted to get it off my chest. I was down another pound on Sat. morning so I am not doing too badly. I guess my goal is one pound a week (considering my social life! LOL)

I also cannot lose more than 6 pounds before my wedding or the dang dress will fall off of me! How funny is that?

Hope everyone is doing well and I will try to catch up on posts, but I am just so swamped with wedding stuff!
  • I went to WI last night and was down 3.5 lbs, YES!!!!!!!!! After a week of plateau, I am back again, I weighed myself this morning at home and shows 2 more pounds from yesterday, I don't want to get too excited but just the fact that at WI I lost 3.5, makes my week. I will be in Seattle for son's baseball games and i am a little afraid of choices I will make, but I bought the vanilla wafers meal replacements and they also gave me the carb/fat blocker just in case I got out to eat because restaurants can pack the chicken breast with fat and butter. I am thrilled.
  • I hadn't thought about restaurants loading up the chicken with butter. I figured they'd use salt....

Ok so I switched to the green menu on Tuesday and haven't been able to follow it really. I've been eating plan food just not always getting to measure. I've been moving and packing and unpacking *still am* and today I got REALLY, I mean REAAAAALLLY, lightheaded. I ate my breakfast at the normal time, that hasn't changed, still 2 eggs and my melba, I took the cleanser that I started Tuesday, forgot to take Wednesday, and took again this morning. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night *first night in the new place, alone, and I forgot to pack a radio* so I got a diet coke for some caffeine *was told even up to one a day of the lowest sodium stuff wldn't hurt my loss* and about 20 mins later I'm sitting at my desk and one of the ladies comes up to me and I guess she cld see how I felt. One of the guys here makes breakfast burritos to sell to the warehouse so she got me one and made me eat it. Just eggs and cheese *he makes one for me in case I miss breakfast I can have something on plan, his wife is sweet* so now I've essentially had breakfast twice today. It's coming up on time for lunch and I don't know if I should skip the protein and fruit at lunch, just have the salad and save the protein in case I get woozy again or if I should eat lunch as normal. It's going to mess me up either way..... I only brought enough drinks to have my breakfast and lunch drink cuz I'm only able to do 2 a day.

What wld y'all do. I've always said you should listen to your body because it's going to clue you in much better than someone who doesn't know how you feel but I don't want to completely destroy the next four days because of this.
  • I got super light headed yesterday as well. HEadache started and then pow, felt sorta detatched and almost dizzy. It had been about 3 hrs or so since lunch and nothing since. I went back to my office and had a HNS and felt better. Was that low blood sugar or something? Could yours be that as well??
  • Ford, you started about the same as me and your goal is the same as mine. I am SOO inspired by the fact that you made it past the "big double ought" (200). How long did it take you to get there? We have a family trip to Florida in June, so I am hopeful..
  • I started preconditioning 12.31.08 and started the beige menu 01.12.09. So after eating the program for 71 days or 10 weeks I made 200 even.
  • Quote: Ford, you started about the same as me and your goal is the same as mine. I am SOO inspired by the fact that you made it past the "big double ought" (200). How long did it take you to get there? We have a family trip to Florida in June, so I am hopeful..
    Janet where in Arkansas are you, I go to the Bentonville center
  • Quote: I could never find the low sodium either. I make mine with chili powder, cumin, mrs dash extra spicy, ground pepper & sea salt with garlic. Or whatever hits for the mood. Yummy!
    I have found the low sodium at Walmart in Omaha. It sells out pretty quickly though. Maybe because I buy them all when I can find them!!