New here......feeling discouraged.

• Hello, I just found this group and I am excited to learn more about how everyone else is doing with MRC!!

I started with MRC on Jan 20 and I was told I would lose 18 pounds in 6 weeks! That was very encouraging.....my first week I gained .5 but a gain none the less. So far I have lost 12 pounds and I am really sticking with this program.....of course the cost also keeps me highly motivated!

So now my question is are others losing this slowly?? No one at the center can give me any reason why I haven't lost what they said I would. They are a very poor support system and I always feel like I have been "bad" when I leave there!

I am hoping others can give me some info and support. I really want to stick with it! I love the fact I am never hungry and I feel so good!

Looking forward to getting to know others as we travel this weight loss journey!

• I haven't checked this out for a LONG time, but happened to read your blog. I also had a disheartening experience with my MRC office. Very little support and conflicting information. I chose to seek another route, and it took 10 months of my absence before finally being contacted by them. I fully understand that all offices are not created equally, but at this price, I certainly expected more.
    As for your situation, I believe that there are MANY diets that work. The main thing is to stick with whatever works best for you. MRC is a great option, but certainly not the only option. If I were to do it over, I think I would have been more upfront at the onset of my disappointing experiences. Don't know if it would have changed anything, but it might have?
    All my best to you!!! You deserve it!!!!
  • I'm doing MRC through mail order program. The center has not been very helpful as far as support goes, but I am finding alot of support here. I was told at the beginning that some people lose alot of weight quickly and then slow down and that others start slowly and then lose weight more quickly. My sister lives in Colorado and is alternating between 2 different centers and she says that they are very different from ea other. I honestly believe the more honest and upfront I am with the center I work with, the better customer service I have received. Keep trying and sticking with the program, the first 3 weeks were difficult for me. I have done much better with staying OP since joining 3FC. Welcome!!
  • Quote: Hello, I just found this group and I am excited to learn more about how everyone else is doing with MRC!!

I started with MRC on Jan 20 and I was told I would lose 18 pounds in 6 weeks! That was very encouraging.....my first week I gained .5 but a gain none the less. So far I have lost 12 pounds and I am really sticking with this program.....of course the cost also keeps me highly motivated!

So now my question is are others losing this slowly?? No one at the center can give me any reason why I haven't lost what they said I would. They are a very poor support system and I always feel like I have been "bad" when I leave there!

I am hoping others can give me some info and support. I really want to stick with it! I love the fact I am never hungry and I feel so good!

Looking forward to getting to know others as we travel this weight loss journey!

Welcome workin2lose!
    Stick with it and keep coming back to 3FC - I have found alot of great information here by going back and reading through the postings several months back. I have been fortunate to have a very supportive center so I understand the importance of this. Have you considered making the trip to a center monthly?? Sometimes just meeting the people can help you make the connection you need to feel that support - when you call you can put a face to the voice and so can they. Another thought, are you taking the recommended vitamins, supplements and drinking at least 3-4 HNS's per day? And finally exercise, it can help to boost your weight loss as well. You might want to try that to see if it gives you a that extra push. Good luck and let us know how you do.
  • Quote: Hello, I just found this group and I am excited to learn more about how everyone else is doing with MRC!!

and : on losing 12 lbs!

First of all, the "18 lbs in 6 weeks" is an average. Some will lose more, some less. Sadly, we aren't robots that can be programmed to lose exactly as much as we want to as quickly as we want to.

I don't know how much you're looking to lose, but as a rule, the more you have to lose, the more quickly the weight will come off in the beginning. Also, the more water you're retaining in the beginning, the more quickly the scale will go down initially as you lose that excess water weight first. If you weren't retaining a lot of water to begin with, your initial loss won't be as big.

The good news - you aren't hungry and you feel good. How are your clothes fitting? The scale isn't always your best indicator of how well you're doing. We tend to get focused on the scale with the weigh-ins, but how your clothes are fitting and how you're feeling are equally important.

Lastly, you're paying a lot for this - sounds like it might be time to have a talk with the manager of your center, let him/her know that you aren't getting the support you need (and are paying for!). If you don't say anything, how do they know they're failing you?
  • Thanks to everyone for the support!! I went to wi and lost another 3 pounds....so I am happy. Will hang out here and get support from everyone. Looking forward to learn how everyone else is dealing with the ups and downs! Hopefully more downs will make us all feel up!
  • Quote: Thanks to everyone for the support!! I went to wi and lost another 3 pounds....so I am happy. Will hang out here and get support from everyone. Looking forward to learn how everyone else is dealing with the ups and downs! Hopefully more downs will make us all feel up!
    YAY for a descending scale! I'm glad to hear that things are looking up for you! Keep us posted!
  • That is great!!! At least the scale is going down..just take it one day at a time. When I get discouraged, I just read postings and I usually find someone that has been through what I have. Chin up!