Weight Watchers 20 Something Buddies PT 2

You're on Page 7 of 27
Go to
  • Petunia -
    Quote:
    This morning I was so tempted to pick up a breakfast sandwich and coffee somewhere on my way in but then I asked myself, "Why is it that you're already trying to sabotage yourself for the day?" and it dawned on me that I COULD have a successful day today, especially if I haven't already eaten crap. Why start the day off like that and feel like crap and send myself into a downward spiral that would most likely lead to a huge binge tonight?
    That is exactly the type of thinking you need to stay focused, on track and losing weight. That was awesome, I am so proud of you! I hope DF is feeling better soon!
  • Joley Yes I did get my schdule from my trainer... I have four days of workouts. They alternate from lower body to upper body... And although the scale hasn't moved too much this week, my calves are not as jiggly, and the tops of my upper legs are hard. My arms are getting there too... I'm excited! And I started shredding this week too... Not a good idea. My legs hurt so bad that I might be out of commission the whole weekend (exercise-wise)

Petunia One day at a time is the only way I can take it. Although I try to plan for more than just one day sometimes, I ultimately have to tell myself that I just need to make it through today, and THEN I can work on tomorrow when it gets here... I hope that your job situation gets better... I think that I am in the same place you are. Being around little kids all day with a kitchen full of junk food for the last two years... Yeah, not so good. Granted, they've started to make healthier choices since I've introduced new fruits and veggies to them, but the junk is still their main choice unfortunately.

As for me, I am getting ready to go pick out my veggies!! I'm super excited! I just hope that it doesn't take all of my little paycheck for them... (And if it does, oh well, I'll end up saving in the long run... Right?!?!)

Have a great weekend Ladies!
  • Bliss- Just spent my paycheck on veggies too lol. At least we know it's an investment in something! (more secure than the stock market!)

SO I finally started exercising today!!! I have an old Prevention weight loss dvd that I managed to do about 3/4 of. I couldn't finish, but I figure that I can work up to it! Calculating the activity points, it was between 2 and 3. I'm not going to use them, but it makes me feel really good that I'm finally getting my heart rate up and my blood pumping!
  • Whiskey - I agree much more stable investment because i too spend my paycheck on fruits and veggies

Bliss - Good luck with your garden. I wish I had somewhere to grow stuff.

I went to the movies last night to see "he's just not that into you" and I snuck in grapes so I wouldn't eat popcorn!
  • Cake- You can get some big round planters and grow some veggies in those! I even found a few articles online about some people growing tomatoes and a few other veggies indoors! (Granted, you have to help with pollination) But, it can be done! And awesome job with the grapes! That sounds like something I do all the time! I wonder if I brought my own popcorn, if they would pop it in the microwave for me?

So, I had to go grocery shopping too right? SO i told myself I would do that first, and then whatever was left I'd spend on the veggies right? I went to three different places around here that have veggies, and then I went grocery shopping. At the grocery store, I found a yellow squash plant and a really good looking zuchinni plant, so I picked them up there. Needless to say, after grocery shopping... I didn't have a whole lot left to spend on the garden.... SO I spent my time yesterday working on fixing the patches of grass in our yard and getting the hummingbird feeder set up and stuff. So, I think that next week will have to be for my herb garden... My veggie garden is on hold for the time being... That just means that I can prep the ground today. and THAT will be a job. No tiller= doing it all with a darn shovel.

WOO HOO!!! My signature works! I was worried yesterday when I posted that it wasn't working!
  • Cake- Did you just love He's Just not that Into You? I just adored it! Grapes are so delish! There are a couple movie theaters up here that serve dinner with the movie, they're so tough to stay op at, because even the salads are unhealthy. I'm trying to avoid those cinemas until I have slightly better control lol.

So I've had a pretty decent weekend. No crazy binges, and I didn't dip into my WPA at all. I'm still worried about w/i on tuesday though. I don't know how long it's going to be that I'll get this nervous before weigh ins. I'm seriously considering buying a scale so at least I'll know what to expect. When I first decided to lose I didn't want to have a scale because I didn't want to stress about normal fluctutations, but I don't know if I'm accountable enough to myself this way? Does anyone have a scale that they love?

Also, I'm considering buying a George Forman for my dorm. They're technically not allowed, but I spend so much money on things that can be microwaved that I would definitely save if I had a better way of cooking. Can you cook anything on them other than chicken?

Hope you ladies all had a great weekend!!!
  • Whiskey Great job this weekend! I think I'm going to throw out my scale! I flip out over every fluctuation....

I LOVE my george foreman! I've grilled chicken, veggies, steak.... When my fiance' was out of state working, I brought it with me, and between it and the microwave, I made stir-fry with it one night! I had so many forbidden kitchen appliances in my dorm when I lived on campus, it was ridiculous... but, they were pretty lieniant on that... (It helped that I cooked sometimes for my RA too!)

Today was sort of productive. I COMPLETELY reorganized my kitchen. I threw out all sorts of hidden junk, and it felt good. Only bad thing though, I had a roast cooking in my crockpot right? Well, I watched the Godfather, and three hours later, I wasn't smelling any yummy roast goodness... I checked on it, and it was not on! DAMN MY LANDLORD!! I've called him a bizillion times... two out of the three outlets in the kitchen don't work! I've reset the breaker three or four times in the last few days, and it doesn't help.

So, I had to get it on the outlet that works. And it's 8:30 and is still not done. Had to resort to Hamburger Helper. Not a very points-healthy dinner... Thank goodness I had eaten a tuna salad today for lunch.
  • I didn't do well points wise because my fridge went out and I had to eat out. I had chicken tenders and broccoli casserole and salad. Then I had a big old bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch for dinner. Yuck. I don't know what I am gonna do about tomorrow for work.

Whiskey - I cook everything on my Foreman. Seriously. The movie was very cute. We have those cinemas here also and I steer clear of those. The only reason to go is to eat.

Bliss - I guess I can try with the pots in the home....But I don't know.
  • Cake- great job with the grapes... that's a good idea! I usually bring in a 100 calorie pack but DF loves movie theater popcorn and I usually end up giving in. Blehhh not anymore!!!

Bliss- mmm veggies! Such a great investment, you're right!

Whiskey- great job on the exercise, I'm proud of you! I'm sure that feels great!

Well the weekend wasn't all I hoped for. I didn't really track. I made pretty good choices but I had a few long island iced teas while out with friends and family. I did get a good amount of exercise in though! Df and I went for a 2.5 mile hike yesterday which was nice.

My goal for today is water, water, water! We're house-sitting/kid-sitting until Wednesday night and I don't know what to expect to find in the refrigerator when I get there today. Hoping for healthy stuff because I'm totally broke and can't afford to fill it with my own stuff!
  • CakeBatter~ Thank you! Sometimes it’s hard to not focus on the scale, but thank you for reminding me! Congrats on your 2.4lb. loss! Great idea with sneaking a snack into the movies! Have you figured out what you’re going to do for work tomorrow yet? What do you to work with?

Whiskey~ Its been cold and rainy here, but I’ve been layering up and have been surprised at how invigorating the cold air is. I have to admit that the rainy days are the ones that I often don’t make it outside on. What are your plans for Spring Break? I used one of my housemates George Foreman’s at least 2-3 times per week to cook just about every kind of meat as well as make paninis when I was in college.

Sharpie~ Good to see you back!!! I bought a good digital scal through beachbody.com for $20 last year. Amazon.com is another goof place to look.

Petunia~ Haha, I love your epiphany! I have the same one on occasion and can’t wait for when it starts happening every day! I may have asked before, but what do you do for work? I actually had the same thought on Saturday when staring at breakfast sandwiches before paying for my gas at Maplefields. I ended up choosing mini boxes of cereal and munching on those on my way to my bball tourney. You’re right, it’s one day, even just one good choice at a time. Let us know how you do on your water intake!

Blissclaire
    ~ Do you have plans for your Spring Break? Did you get your papers done? How did prepping your garden go? I love how roasts smell too!!!

Peatrix~ Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Joleystar~ Are you back on track? I was dancing around my living room to my ipod this weekend and I remembered how you said you would also be rocking out!

So I admit that I am somewhat of a dork. Every day I copy, paste all posts I have not had a chance to read yet and put them into a word document, so I can print them out and write out responses to everyone that I later type up.

Again, I’m still struggling on the weekend. I should do better over the next couple weeks as I have bball tourneys both Saturday and Sunday for the next couple weekends. I’m good at planning ahead for those (except for this past Saturday when I had to wing it for breakfast and ended up with mini boxes of cereal). I have enough mini boxes of cereal left over for next weekends breakfasts and will pack either soup or a sandwich for lunch. I should be home by dinner, but will try to come up with a back-up plan just in case.

I missed one C25K at the end of last week, so I have to make it up today and then start week 4 tomorrow. Just means I will have to push myself a little harder, which I can totally do!!!

TOM is coming, so who knows what will happen at weigh in this week...
  • Crap today is not been a great day for the WW's for me

I have probably ate like 15 pts already and its not even noon yet. So I have found out that having a snack drawer (WW snacks) at work is probably not the best thing for me. Since I am still in training I am bored to crap cause I have nothing to do so whats the next logical option EAT of course. UGH
  • Kim - you are not a dork. That is a great idea....that I will be using as my own. WTG on making one good choice at a time. That is totally the key. And yeah you can totally push yourself for tomorrow's week four! You are doing really well

Petunia - My weekend wasn't all that I hoped for either but I am making the best of it you know. And so are you. YES youmust focus on your water intake today. It is important. You did great with exercising though ....a 2 mile hike! Don't think I could last !

Bee - Yes, boredom and snack drawers eqaul negative results. Now what you could do is pack a bunch of fruit and veggies (apple slices, celery, carrots, grapes) and put them into baggies. Put that in the drawer and when youget the urge eat those. Now obviously you will have to re-fill each day but better eating a ton of those WW bars.

Where is Feral? Has she gone A-wall. Feral youget your butt back here!
  • Well guys, I had a little binge on Saturday night that I am still feeling badly about! Last week was such a good week, then this week I had my planned cheat day on Thursday, but had another one Saturday night. It is the worst feeling to feel like you are making backwards progress in your weight loss. I did so well the other days, but the best I can hope for is that it balances out, so I am not expecting a loss. The number one motivator though is being on here! I can think of a few times since I've joined that I've gone off plan, and while I may not have lost that week, I got back on track and have now lost over 10 pounds since January! THAT's what I have to think about. It sure is hard to sit with those feelings over time though. It is great to see all of you losing weight as well. Just think, in a year or whatever, we will all be hanging out in the maintenance section! Lol!
  • ARGH!!! Weigh-in went bad again... I only lost 0.2! As hard as I worked last week, and the week before that, how could I have only lost that much?!?! The only thing I can think of is that there is still some water retention/ something going on with muscle build-up? I just thought that I would've lost more than this.... ARGH

I have not done my paper. I am a horrid prrocrastinator, and class was cancelled for today. I guess I just have to be meticulous about what goes in my body, and make sure I get all my water in... that's about all I can do... (And I was SO GOOD at tracking last week!!)

AND ON TOP OF THAT... When I got home from my meeting, my fiance told me that he may be getting laid-off tomorrow... SO that just makes me feel even better...

to a better week than last!
  • Bliss sorry about your weigh in, but I've heard that when you're building up muscle you retain a lot of water in them or something like that? You're doing so great and just keep it up!!! Good luck with your paper, I hope it goes well! The added stress of school doesn't make life any easier!

Bee same with me! I snack on supposedly low point things that add up all day long. It's seriously my biggest problem. I agree with Cake about fruits and veggies in little bags to snack on. I (when I have time) peel an orange in the morning and separate the slices and bag it up. Whenever I feel like my sugar levels are getting low, I just have a slice. Grapefruit is actually good to peel as well.

Thanks all for the great tips on the George Foreman. I'm going to see what kind of a price I can get one for, sometime this week. I'm spending crazy money on getting pre-cooked food that can just be heated in the microwave. I'm excited!

So I had a bad day today, I didn't go over my points, but I didn't listen to my hunger cues either. I ended up eating way too much sodium, and unecessary food. I'm beating myself up because tomorrow is weigh in and it's so frustrating to have done well most of the week and then screw it up the day before. I'm also a little frustrated because I tried to make spring break plans to go see a friend in Philly, and she said she didn't have time, but she texted me today, and asked me to come down on Wednesday even though I already have my work schedule and clearly can't go. I just need to go to sleep I think, tomorrow is a new day!!!