suggestions for travel food

• I'm going to be on the road for two days...What are your favorite road foods?...that will keep me out of the fast food line...
  • What phase are you on? Can you bring a cooler with?
  • When we went to Louisiana last weekend, I packed a squirt bottle of mustard, a box of Triscuits (ph2), slices of ham, and slices of cheese, both cut into squares. I made 'sandwiches' for snacks as we drove down the road. We also had packages of peanuts.
  • With a cooler I like hummus, baby carrots, sugar snap peas;babybel cheeses; egg muffins are great finger food; ww wraps & lunch meat, spinach & laughing cow; bean salads. When we traveled by air last year though I lived on baby carrots, strong cheese, & whole grain crisp things. It's tough if you don't have a cooler.
  • I love the individually wrapped colby jack cheese that Weight Watchers makes. Also SF pudding cups if you are on Phase II. I have kept both of these out of the fridge a long time and they are OK. Also love Oscar Meyer deli thin turkey or chicken. Fresh fruit if you are on Phase II, Whole wheat engish muffin with peanut butter.
  • Thanks for these excellent suggestions...I do have a cooler....I reached my SB goal in Nov. 07 but I continue to hang around phase 1-2...I very carefully monitor what I eat...Its great to have these suggestions...
  • Celery or Baby CArrots With Natural PB
    TraderJoes has a prepacked nuts called Just a handful half a packet is a good serving.
    Nessa Bars!
    Quiche Squares for a quick breakfast
    fresh string beans (yes I'm wierd)
    soy nuts
    Grape Tomatoes
  • thanks!
    Crutch
  • Since I am doing the driving and most times alone, I always grab water, a sugar free energy drink to keep my pep, string cheese and a 100 cal bag of nuts. All are easy to eat. As well as sugarless gum. I make sure I eat a meal within an hour of leaving so I am not tempted to stop!

I try to pass the time with the radio instead of snacking!
  • I am needing this thread as well, and you all have great ideas! I am hoping when we get to chicago the room will have a fridge and I can pack a few snacks like cheese and triscuits to take with me... I also will take some trail mix(I only like to buy it for trips, bc if its around the house I eat it and I don't think its good for me most of the time- too high in calories) but I figure thats better than the cookies or whatever they give on the plane!