Dinner Help?

• I've got 2 chicken breasts, green onions, white onions, garlic, 2 packages of mushrooms and a cabinet of spices...I'd make chicken Marsala but no wine! Any ideas?
  • I'd brown the chicken first in a little olive oil, and set them aside. In the same pan, saute your onions and mushrooms together, and right before they're done, add the garlic. Let that cook a bit, then add your chicken back into it and cook until your chicken is done. Do you have any canned tomatoes? You could make Chicken Cacciatore. Or serve this on a bed of sauteed spinach. Or add a can of chickpeas or white beans to it.
    You have a good base, the possibilities are endless.
  • The problem I have with sauteeing mushrooms is that they soak up so much oil. Sometimes I spray them with cooking spray, put them in a hot pan with some salt and pepper, then pour some stock in to finish cooking.

If you have a little balsamic vinegar, a drizzle that makes a nice stand-in for the wine. Or if you have some mustard you could bake the chicken brushed in mustard with garlic and tarragon & thyme under the skin (if it has skin!) Like Chicken Dijon.
  • All good ideas. Will brown chicken in EVOO, set aside, add onion and shrooms, then garlic, add a can of tomoatoes and serve over spinach. THANKS!
  • PS -- whatever I did, it was horrible. LOL. I didn't use spinach and my tomatoes were too much (too large a can!)