Black bean and corn salad

• Original recipe at Allrecipes.com:
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Black-B....aspx?prop31=1

This was FABULOUS!! For those of you finding you can't have any corn at all on Phase II (it says to avoid or minimize), you could leave that out, or not add as much. Someone in the comments section said they used it on meat they grilled too...that sounds great!! The marinade is wonderful, and could easily be used for other recipes.

Serves: 6
    INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
    1/3 cup fresh lime juice
    1/2 cup olive oil
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
    2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
    1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
    1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
    1 red bell pepper, chopped
    2 tomatoes, chopped
    6 green onions, thinly sliced
    1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)

DIRECTIONS
    Place lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper in a small jar. Cover with lid, and shake until ingredients are well mixed.
    In a salad bowl, combine beans, corn, avocado, bell pepper, tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro. Shake lime dressing, and pour it over the salad. Stir salad to coat vegetables and beans with dressing, and serve.

MY NOTES:
    **I halved the recipe, since someone said it didn't keep well.
    **I made mine a little early, except for the avocado. I added that (it doesn't keep well) right before serving. In hindsight, the avocado didn't do anything for me but add fat, and I probably won't add it next time, unless it's my only thing at that meal.
    **I cut the oil in half, it was fine.
    **I decreased the cayenne pepper (maybe by half?), cuz I don't like it hot .
    **I can see having this with grilled chicken in the summer!!
  • FWIW - I just added some quinoa to this...yum!!!
  • Okay, tonight I made this, but dropped the beans, and then added quinoa and shrimp. It was a great summer night's salad!
  • I made something similar for dinner but used raw corn and added chopped cucumber.