Spinach pizza to die for!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Admittedly, I am a veggie lover and I may not belong here, except that I do my best to get my sons to eat veggies, and I'm finally succeeding.

The other day I made a most amazing spinach pizza. It was so delicious! Just have to share the recipe.

You'll need the following ingredients

1 whole wheat pita
    3 cups baby spinach greens
    1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
    1 spring onion, chopped
    1/2 red onion, sliced
    2 cloves of garlic, chopped (I personally used more)
    1 Tbs. olive oil
    1 tsp. balsamic vinegar

First, turn on your oven to bake at 450 degrees.

Next place your pita bread in a baking dish with sides. I used a square glass Pyrex baking dish.

In a bowl, mix two big handfuls of the spinach, spring onions, red onion, garlic and feta. Toss them around a little.

In a measuring cup, blend 2 Tbs. olive oil and 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar. Pour over the spinach and toss it well, like a salad.

Place the spinach salad on top of the pita bread. Don't worry if it mounds high; the spinach will wilt down.

Bake it in the oven for 10 minutes. Be careful not to let the pita burn, but it will get nice and crisp and toasty. Even some of the spinach leaves will crisp up. Yummy!!!

calories: 422
    grams fat: 20
    fiber: 10 gms

Georgia

My blog: http://half-the-woman.blogspot.com/
  • This sounds really good. Thank you for posting it.
  • mmm i love spinach pizza. i usually buy a frozen organic one that is awesome but i think i'll try making my own. throw some artichoke hearts on there and i'll be all set!

thanks for posting!
  • That sounds really good. Good for you finding a way to get spinach into a picky eater!
  • Thanks for sharing, Can't wait to try it. Might add some mushrooms yum.
  • This sounds delicious! Will definitely give it a try.
  • Yes, thanks for sharing!
  • This sounds like a version DM makes:

crust of some type
    spinach-(1-6c depending on size of pizza)
    1-2clove minced garlic (depending on tastes and how big pizza you make)
    1t olive oil
    1/4-1/2c sundried tomatoes, sliced small
    1/4-1c low fat feta

heat a skillet and add the oil and throw the garlic in. Next put the spinach in. May have to do it in 2 batches if you're making a whole pizza.
    Once wilted put that on the crust. Add the tomatoes and the feta. Throw in the oven on 450 for about 20mins (until feta is melty)

This was the only way DM could get me to eat cooked spinach. I enjoy raw spinach, but not cooked. I think it's the fact that it's covered in yummy feta and sundried tomatoes.. MMMM!! She used to use boboli crusts. I like the idea of the WW pita though!
  • Thanks for sharing these recipes they sure sound great.
  • Both recipes sound delish! I have to remember to add this dish to my menu plan for next week.
  • Holy macaroni, those both sound yummy. Thanks for sharing!
  • That pizza is totally going on my next weeks menu!
  • Sounds delish. I am going to try to make this vegan since I do not eat cheese
  • MMM..thanks for sharing!!! I'm going to have to try this soon!!
  • Wow that does sound great! Thanks for sharing.