March weight loss challenge

You're on Page 9 of 20
Go to
  • everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA, just alot of personal stuff going on then TOM came Wednesday, wrecking havoc on my WI and my emotions. I'm telling you, if I didn't have military discipline hammered into me by my mother, several people would have died horrific deaths this week! The last two days have been a pigfest. Disgusting. My friend Kittie will be arriving tomorrow for her Spring Break. This is like the worst time for her to be visiting me but we haven't seen each other in over a year. Daylight Savings Time just kicked into effect. I'm going to be SO tired tomorrow.
  • I've been so busy that I slacked on the exercising for few days, but I went to the gym today for 2 hours! I did 30 min on ellipticals, 60 on a bike, and then 30 more on ellipticals. I'm trying to build up my stamina.

Good job everyone. Just remember not to get too discouraged if you don't see a loss. I've been bouncing back and for at the same weight for almost 2 weeks now, but I'm hoping to be gaining some muscle mass. I really should take some measurements because that's where I'm hoping to see the biggest change.
  • Good Morning MARCHERS!

Scarlet: I agree with Fullsteam. You are doing an awesome job! I think she is trying to sabotage you. Probably because she wants a buddy in eating. Do everything you can to resist. Just think...If you can get through that, you can get through anything! Just say no.. eventually she will get it. It might take 1000 or more tries but if you stick to the NO she will stop asking. Maybe if you start bringing in celery and offering it to her..she might get a hint. For everything she tempts you with, shame her with healthy food. She probably will stop because she won't want you to be putting healthy choices in her face and reminding her at the same time that she should be eating healthy also.

Jasonslea: Get on this march to health girl. No more pigfests. Time to start hopping like a and eating food . You can do it! Just wanted to give you some more military discipline.

Ickypink:
    yup005:

Krista: Congrats on the three lbs!!! Way to go!!!

Ms Perception: Eating out is so difficult. I know you will keep at it! If you do have to eat out..just make the best choices that you can.

urockmom: You will conquer that bad scale! It will move! Just think...you went on vacation and only gained 2 lbs!!! That was awesome!!! You can do it! We can do it!! I am so happy I met you! You are a great cheerleader!

Talina: 2 Hours! Man oh man! Stamina...you got it girl!!

I did get some new clothes yesterday and it was a boost to my ego. I still can't get over how I look in the mirror in smaller clothes! Somewhere in my mind..I keep thinking that the mirrors are "trick" mirrors. I bought a new pair of jeans, two new dress pants, and four new shirts, and two bras. All for $132.00! Not bad! Everything was on sale.

Can't believe the weather yesterday! 68 degrees!!! I want it to stay spring! I guess it is like losing weight....IT WILL HAPPEN!!!

Let's do it girls!!!!
  • Good Sunday Morning to everyone!!! I missed a day here with you ladies!! Apparently, I was too busy eating a Ton of salt. I'm way up (5pounds), but I am confidant it is a combo of water from salty foods, a couple of way too intense workouts, and TOM looming! So today I am back on plan, and trying to be patient.
    Hattie22- I bet you look great! New clothes that fit well, I'll bet the people around you will notice all your hard work now! New clothes alway seem to boost my confidence too! You sure deserve it!!!! GREAT JOB!

Talina, I am gonna try to take your advice, and be patient! Great job on your workout!

Scarlett, I completely understand the cravings thing. Sometimes the only way to get rid of it is to have what it is you are craving. Just a smaller amount. Stay strong!!! As far as the boss goes, bring double of your healthy snack, and beat her to the punch. Say, "I have some veggies,and dip I brought for lunch, do you want some?" Maybe she'll get the hint, or jump on board....

Welcome Yup005- goodluck on your goal

Jasonslea, Welcome back, Maybe your friend will be interested in eating a little more healthy/ getting a little exercise during her visit!! Maybe if you tell her how you have been doing, she will join you. She may be thinking the same thing you are thinking....it always helps to have a buddy! Good luck!!!

Welcome Icypink- Good luck with your goal!!

Msperception- I just hope you are having a Fantastic weekend. Enjoy your time with your husband! That must be really difficult, to have him so far away!

Fullsteamahead, Sounds like you and your hubby are anxious for Spring! I hear you, I am done with winter! Bring on some SUNSHINE We cook out a lot in Spring/summer too. I would love a yummy recipe, send it my way!!!
    Urockmom, I'll kick yours, if you'll kick mine! I need to start moving down again too!
  • Just checking in to see how everyone's doing. Keep up the awesome work ladies! I expected to come in and post a gain (I recently started dating someone and we've gone out to dinner 3x this week and I never trust myself to accurately eyeball the calories in restaurant food) but am happy to report that I'm down to 193 from 198 on March 1. 5 more pounds to go to meet my March weight loss goal!
  • Good afternoon ladies so nice to come in and read everyone's posts.

yup005,

Scarlet, ty you too! I am really happy to be here and happy that we are all here together. It is just so nice to have each other to share and support one another in our journey. I do recall the knee surgery, Scarlet your doing great...keep at it , you'll get your weight down. hug. Oh, did you get a lot of snow? We had a storm last week but the mild weather melted it all the past few days and this morning when I looked out the window I saw a yellow crocus in full bloom. What a nice sight that was!

Hi Jason's Lea, hi there sweety , glad to see you . Sorry to hear you had a bad week, I think it's nice your having your freind visit as maybe it will give you a lift. Hope your feeling better and also having a wonderful time catching up with your girlfreind

Hi Talina : ) wow! You got quite the workout, wtg! I am taking my measurements after tom too, it's high time I did. keep up the good work.

Hattie, congrats on your new clothes, sounds like you found yourself some great deals too, wtg.

Lewisempire, hi there girl. wtg on getting right back on plan and the patience! Omg, it sure takes a lot of patience alright, thank goodness we all have each other here to help in that arena.
    The chicken I make on the grill (kabobs or chicken breast halves) are real simple and tasty. I marinate a pack of chicken breasts (or however many you want) in some f.f Italian dressing (plenty of it, enough to cover the chicken), squeeze in a whole lemon, put some garlic powder, and oregano, salt, and pepper (optional). Let it marinate for a few hours at least, overnight is good too (in fridge). I used to use the wishbone it. dress but switched to this f.f version quite some time ago and it's just as good. You can cube the chicken and thread it on a skewer alternating peppers and white onion or just cook the chicken breasts. I love peppers on the grill and alternate yellow and orange peppers (my fav) with white onion. Sooo good on the grill and w/the chicken. The other night I made some mushrooms as well (on stove, no butter...used pam butter flavored cooking spray) to go with the res t of ingredients and served it all over a portion of some brown rice. Have you tried green zucchini on the grill? OH I really l ike that, thinly sliced and cooked well ...it goes great with a greek salad. I want to try ground chicken burger patty things on the grill sometime too and see how it comes out. I gotta run, stay strong girl

Efovaaaaa, that is awesome! Congratulations on the 5 lb. loss and the new guy too! Sounds like it's going good keep up the great work, you clearly must of made some good choices in the restaurants.

A big hello to everyone else and to all

Hope you all have a terrific day and are having a great weekend. IT is another beauty of a day here and seeing as I am feeling okay I think another outdoor walk is in order, it feels so good to be outdoors again. Talk soon
  • It snowed yesterday but turned to rain in most places, so we have snow on the trees and grass but that's about it, which is good as I have to drive into work today...snow is in the forecast for the next couple days but we will see...

I lost another 2 lbs, hooray, just 2 more to go and I'm at my ticker weight, and then I can start in earnest to keep up with all of you on losing 10 lbs this month!! Even though I'm losing right now, I refuse to count it towards my challenge as I shouldn't have gained it in the first place.

That said,all of you ladies having issues with Tom (I hope none of us have any men in our life named Tom, wouldn't that be horrid!) I am past that now, but it ALWAYS affected my weight loss. I could guarantee a gain and a loss depending on what day it was in the cycle, so my advice is to just be kind to yourself and eat the way you know you should, and not be so tied to the scale right then...If you're staying on plan the rest of the time, you can take care of any little gain, and if you see a loss, then that's terrific!!

I find sometimes going to restaurants a nice change, as I can eat a nice meal and go home and there's no leftovers or dessert to tempt me later.

Thanks again for all the help with my boss---taking in healthy food is something I need to do a lot more. In the summer I bring in grapes, cherries, things like that, and I put them in a bowl right between our desks (our desks face each other and touch), but I need to do more of that...on to the veggies!!

Congrats to everyone that is losing. If you're struggling, just keep coming here for inspiration...I just feel like planting myself here...we are going to have an April one too, right????
  • FullSteamAhead: I had a big cheesy bean burrito one day. Not a very excellent choice, but I ate really well the rest of the day. The other meals were Thai and Indian and I just made sure to avoid cream, coconut milk, etc. and ate lots of veggies and not a lot of rice/sauce. So far so good.

Scarlet: Great job getting (almost) back to ticker weight. I'm sure by the time next week you'll be back at ticker weight and on the way further down.
  • Hey everyone! I had an excellent weekend with my DH, but now he left, so back to my version of "normal". I was OP all weekend, but for exercise only played Wii. It is actually decent exercise, but I almost feel guilty counting that as exercise. But.....I FINALLY GOT A WII FIT!!!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!! That'll totally count! I've been waiting so long. This morning I went and stood outside Best Buy for 15 minutes with 8-10 other people all waiting for the Wii Fit. They had 9, so the first 9 of us got a ticket for it. I was #2. Yeah!! I will definitely be spending some time on that thing today!
    The bad news is...I am at day 5 at the same weight AGAIN. This is becoming a bad habit! I will stay OP and it will go away, but this REALLY slows progress.
    I read all your posts, I'll respond individually a bit later but...congrats to those making positive progress and those who are on the slow-track, like me....let's keep on trucking! We can eat OP and exercise our way out of this crazy weight! (That's my plan at least.)
  • My scale is going in the wrong direction almost one full lb from yesterday, I find weekends are hard for me to stay focused. You guys are awesome!
  • Hey girls I am going to head to bed early and figured I would pop in and see how things are going and also wish you all a goodnight.

Scarlet, congratulations on losing another 2 lbs. that's super. Thanks for the encouraging words to us about tom and all, it certainly can be a difficult time scale wise. I feel so bloated but am waiting for it to pass, it always does and in the meantime not tying myself to the scale, thanks Scarlet : ).
    I like to dine out too, my latest recent spot has been to a nearby quaint rest. where I can get broiled haddock (which has always been fresh and excellent) and a salad bar. I just leave all that mayonnaise based stuff off my plate and go for the greens and fresh veggies. It's one of the few places left around here that has a salad bar and I just love those.
    There will most definitely be an April challenge and every month thereafter . I'll put it up a few days before months end. We need to keep our team and group going. Last time when I had a crisis the girls kept our thread going for months .....Jasons Lea IT feels soooo good to be back in every sense of the word and plan on planting myself here too! lol

Efova, wtg! We just walked by a fairly new thai place just the other day during our walk and DH said he would like to try it sometimes. I havn't had it in years, we had found this thai place in Germany we used to frequent. I ought to give it a try here sometime. So far , so good indeed! Your doing great .

MsPerceptionnnnnn, congratulations on the wiifit! I am so happy for you, I know how I felt when I got mine and I was so excited!! I got it about a month ago and have used it pretty much daily (except for a few days here and there). I do the advanced wii step a lot (mostly that) and the hula hoop. IT is so much fun and adds variety to my workouts. YOur going to have fun unlocking everything and checking everything out! Did you build your avatar yet? You set a goal on there too and have a chart and all, it is an added incentive. I am not accustomed to weighing in daily th ough and nearly drove myself to the brink past 2 weeks of Feb (as you know, lol) doing the body test daily. Shortly, I will decide how I will go about my future weigh-ins though I will go by TUesdays as the official WI for this month. Anyhow, enough about that.....have fun girl! Keep up posted. Regarding the weight, you hang in there chicky.......it will go away!

Hi Krista, glad your here and hope you had a nice weekend. The daily fluctuations are tough, I can fluctuate quite a bit so I would try to ignore any weight loss or gain until the 7nth day and call that day my official weigh-in....still though, it's hard seeing the scale go up for whatever reason. Krista, I'm sure it's just a fluctuation...keep at it and keep us posted . Weekends are always the toughest for me too and it helps me a lot to pre plan where I am going and what I am having.

How is everyone else doing? Hoping the weekend was good for everyone.

IT was another beautiful day here. DH went to town to see his parents and really wanted me to go with him (my parents live near his ) but I was under the weather and didn't go. I later felt better and was a bit pouty , it was so beautiful out so I put on my sneaks and went for a walk on the route. That was a nice fix! It's a busy main road but charming nevertheless! I walk along a brick lined sidewalk lined with many 18nth century homes and it is just so quaint. When everything is in bloom, it is just so beautiful on that walking route.......many of the houses are lined with roses and wisteria and oh just so many beautiful flowers and you get high from the scents, let alone the endorphins. We went along the river yesterday and I brought the binoculars to look for the bald eagles (they are mating and nesting here now) but to no avail. I will try again next time. Here I go again oh well, a bednight story! sleep well girls, see you in the morning.
  • Good Monday morning, everyone! I woke up at 5am (to use the facilities) and it was snowing again--crazy--fortunately it stopped, school is on, and I should be able to get into work later today, for which I am glad...this weather is just crazy!!

Good news is I lost another lb so I am really happy about that!

I hope everyone has a super day, not too many challenges, and of course, great success when they step on the scale....
  • Yeah I just suck. Bad bad bad off plan all weekend. Gained 4 pounds and almost back out of ONEderland. So bummed out!
  • Ughhhh, weekends! I don't know if it is because the schedule changes, my DH is a bad influence, I feel like I have to reward myself, or what, but the weekends are just awful!!! I am hoping for a super clean OP week this week and getting back to my regular exercise routine so I can move that scale!!!
  • Well, I was pretty happy that after a weekend with my DH I didn't go off-plan at all. I also didn't lose an ounce, though! It's bordering on annoying that I lose a pound or so, then hold for 5+ days even though I'm POP with food and exercise! It's day 6 at 177, but at least I've lost 22# and I'm holding on to that!!!