March weight loss challenge

You're on Page 3 of 20
Go to
  • I want in too!!

March goal:
    #1 Lose 10lbs
    #2 50 miles of exercise

That's it. I just got a new bike and my route that I've planned out is about 8 miles so I think I can easily attain my 50mile goal. Then I'll have to up it to 75 in April
  • Georgia, welcome to Seattle (I am a native but now live across the water in Redmond and just work in Seattle)---there is lots of healthy food here!!

I got up today, took a shower, and immediately came here---I am excited and challenged and want to succeed just like everyone who's posting!!

New month, clean slate, I am going to do this!!
  • I want in!!! It's a new month and I can do it!!

#1. Lose 8 - 10 lbs. I don't actually know my weight right now b/c I haven't weighed my self in a few weeks. lol.
    #2. Lose inchs from all over my body.
    #3. Stick to my excersize plan and eat healthy!
  • goodmorning everyone and Happy March 1rst! : )

Koshinogi, skinnynene and est1991 skinnynene congrats on the new bike! Scarlett, wtg! great outlook girls.

I am off to a bit of a late start as I had a late night last night and despite the falling snow outdoors I am in good spirits and feeling good about our new month. I love spring, it is a time of rebirth and new beginnings.

I have some items to get me by until the storm is over though I will head to the market as soon as the roads are okay and stock up on everything I need for my planned meals. It looks like its going to be a cold first week here so cookouts will have to wait a bit but roast chickens from the market, some sliced turkey (for my lettuce wraps and occ. sandwiches) will be the mainstay of my lean proteins. I have eggs on hand as well ....and also some beans should I go into one of my non-meat modes.

I should get going....I hope that everyone is having a great weekend and wish you all a great first day..
  • Im soooo out of shape.

Got up, made the bed, took a shower and got on the scale, lost a little since the last time I stepped on it. Dressed with jeans and sneakers instead of putting the stretchy pj bottoms and slippers back on. Thought about putting a little make up on but settled with moisturizer.

Decided to get some fresh air and go for a walk. I thought I was never going to make it back home. My DS laughed so much when I did make it home because I was timed for being gone for only 10 and 1/2 minutes. Once I caught my breath and stopped itching my ankles I thought it was pretty funny too!

Getting pretty cold and they are calling for snow. I can't wait till it gets warmer to start working in the yard. Good luck all!
  • Here we are MARCH 1!
    My starting weight is 178.2 and my goal is 172.2 which would be magnificent!
    When I said I had a goal of consistency, I DIDN'T mean I wanted to be at the same weight for days in a row, but apparently that's what my body thought. I am on day 5 at this weight despite being OP with diet and exercise. Any advise? This is the third time this has happened! Anyway, I am thrilled to have lost 20 pounds, but don't care for the 5-7 day stand stills I've been experienceing lately!
  • Scarlet, thanks for the welcome. I'm actually coming to Redmond on Monday to take my son to look at DigiPen, and then Nintendo. He wants to see if gaming is his future.

I'm happy to report that my knee pain has been managed and that I actually walked about 3 miles today, all over downtown Seattle! And for lunch I had a lovely salad and a single slice of pizza. I never thought that was possible, but I really only wanted one slice!

Georgia
  • I want to join!

My goal is to lose 10 pounds this month.

:]Nelli
  • I can still join right Its the only the first
    SW 166
    i want to lose 11 pounds = 155
    hope i can keep on track
  • to all the newbies!

Jassica,nellibabyy, geoblewis, krista, est1991, Scarlet, skinnynene...
    I think I got everyone..if not.. welcome to you too!

March 1st and expecting a big snow storm! YUCK!!!

Ms Perception: Hang in there. I have been in plateau land for at least a month. I increased my cals and finally got it moving...at least 1 new lb. I was eating 1200-1500. Now I am trying to keep it at 1800. Advice given by others here on 3FC. It is weird that it worked for 50 lbs down and 6 months but then came to a screeching halt. I guess we have to shake up our routines now and then.

Tonight was my hubby's bday and we took him to a Japanese steak house. They cook things in front of you...kind of a show. It was fun. I think I did pretty good with eating. Ate salad, chicken, veggies, and a little rice. I also saved cals from the day to account for dinner. Next is the choc. mousse cake he wanted... UUGGGHHH!!! I love Chocolate mousse!!! I will have a little crumb and take pleasure in knowing I am making a healthy decision. Keep your fingers crossed for me and send me will power. (Can you tell I am trying to convince myself not to just stick my whole face in that cake?) I can do it... I have lost 50 lbs!!!...I can do it!!!
  • Wow! There were so many I didn't name...
    Here goes:

Drum roll please..

wendyland, efova, steph324, angelinelosesweight, Talina, Shatteredfallendove,grabec, Sabriena, and last but NOT least...busybeingborn!

Can't wait to get to know all of you! I am so excited! Thanks Fullsteam for starting this!

Let's go.. MARCH ON!
  • Congrats, Hattie for naming everyone who is on this thread! That deserves an award on it's own!! Thanks for your words of wisdom. I am trying different things: upping exercise, changing the foods (but still within cals), exercising at different times. Oh well, I just didn't expect the plateau this soon! I can hang in there 'til it's over though. Every now and then I realize how close I am to a new goal or something and it re-motivates me!
  • My goal is to lose 20 pounds by the end of March. Sounds high, but I am losing fast given I've just started last week and I am starting the 12-day Wild Rose Cleanse at the end of the week, which I used to do every year when I was healthier, so that should help!

SW 259
    GW 239
  • Starting my elimination diet tomorrow. I'm exited to see how it will turn out. I'm also nervous. I have a lot of candida issues. I know that when they start to die off, I'll feel irritable and have lots of cravings. I'll have to stay busy.
  • Gah! Today all I've done is eat, eat ,eat! I'm trying to figure out what is the matter and I think it may have to do with the power situation. I got a massive tension headache too.