March weight loss challenge

You're on Page 2 of 20
Go to
  • As I got on the scale today I realized I had lost 9 lbs in February, which is a little shorter month, so now I am even more challenged to lose my 10 in March (or maybe more, who knows)----!!!
  • I'm new to the forums, just this week, and this challenge is just what I was looking for. I'm just 10 lbs. short of breaking past 300 lbs. and that's exactly what I want to do this month.

I've got challenges...I'm on a trip right now, and I always have a difficult time eating right and getting enough water when traveling. I'm leaving for Seattle in a few minutes, in fact. But I'm determined not to load up on salty, fatty, empty foods. I'm also prepared to exercise everyday. I'll be traveling for the next 10 days. Hopefully I can lose 3 lbs. during the trip. But I'm going to have to be focused.

Looking forward to our chats...

Georgia

http://half-the-woman.blogspot.com/
  • Sign me up too. My goal is 10 pounds in March also, which will be darned near impossible if my body keeps fighting me like it has been. But, sign me up anyway.
  • I'm in...i LOVE challenges!!!

MARCH GOALS:
    St Patty goal: 194 lbs (as part of my Lean Mean Green Challenge) REACHED!!!

No longer "obese" by 03.21.09 (BMI 29.9-24) REACHED!!!

Stay OP with all exercise ALL month ~ 3x week cardio (45 min) & 2x week strength training

Overall Monthly Goal: 10 lb loss (SW: 195.5 GW: 185.5)
  • Hi. Can I be a part of the challenge?

I am determined to lose at least 10 lbs in March. I know I can do it, if I have support and keep my confidence up :-)
  • Love to join the March weight loss challenge. Count me in for 8lbs. Good luck everyone. I'll weigh in tomorrow for the first time in a long while hope it's not too upsetting.
  • I'd like to join as well. I'm just getting back into the forums and working out/getting healthy so I think a good challenge is what I need! I was looking for one just starting and this is a great one!

Okay so no more rambling. My goal for weight lose in March will be 10 pounds. Right now I'm just focusing on my exercise though as it is the hardest part for me. The food will come in later but I don't eat too bad.

Starting weight: 226
    Goal weight: 216
  • Dove, Krista, and Sabriena! Good to have you along on the journey! I'm feeling like a weinie now with my small goal, but I gotta feel like it's reachable or I tend to sabotage myself. To all the losers here:
  • Thanks Ms. Perception. :-)
    aww dont feel like a weinie. Its harder to keep weight off anyway. As long as you reach your goal and stay positibe it all be okay. And thats for all of us. :-)

We can do it :-)
    Keep strong everyone
  • March goal
    New here. 4 goals for March:
    Workouts 5 days a week. Plan to do a combo of spinning and weights.
    OP for 30 days. Starting Wonderslim 3/1.
    Aiming for 10 lbs or more.
    Adequate daily water intake and supplements.
  • hi ladies I just got back a little while ago. Went to lunch withmy parents as an early birthday dinner for my dad and that was sooooo nice! We had a great time and i got the broiled haddock for lunch which was just delicious.

Tonight we went to a neighbors house for cocktails and dinner and omg did they spoil us rotten, I cannot wait to have them over and serve them! THey were so incredibly n ice, wow! ANyhow yes, so you can gather I had my share of cocktails but the dinner was healthy and absolutely delicious!! c hicken breast, green beans, green salad, etc. How nice! I took the day off from exercising and probably the whole shebang tomorrow. TOmorrow is march 1rst and the first day of our challenge and boy am I excited ladies!

girlsssssssss, absolutely you can join! Talina, geo, grabec, nikirose, shatteredfallendove, krista, sabriena and busybeingborn and I hope I didn't miss anyone! Welcome aboard and remember, it is never too late too join, never!

Talina , welcome to your first challenge let's do it.

Scarlettttt, you lost 9 lbs. in febuaryyyyy ? that is wonderful! congratulations!

geoo welcome. . you sound so motivated and ready for this, welcome aboard don't know if you have a pc or not but I wish you the best of luck on your plight while on vaca and if youc an get in touch well.......keep us posted! Looking forward to our chats to georgia.

grabec, waa........: ) hey you! the beauty of it is we keep onfighting! Last month I pledged 10 and the month before 10 and yeahhhhhhhhhh , my body has been fighting me every step of the way so I so hear you as I am sure many of us do but we are starting a new month now! yes indeed! so lets start fresh! a new month, a new slate, a new fight!

hi nicki rose, wc

shattered, you know it girl! let's all stick together!

krista, hey there ohyour a trooper.......weigh in tomorrow it the right thing to do but I cringed a bit after my hedonistic evening, lol yet, I am so ready for ournew month and feel recharched..........all the frustrations of february I left behind... I feel like it is a fresh start and that feels so good! so so good! let's all do that ladies!

Sabriena, ramble all you want.....just look at me! lol that's what we are here for....its all part of the journey.

Ms perception, no way! lol
    no way! yourno wienie. I think your goals and targets are so right on track. I set mine quite high and look what happend to me girl? I nearly joined the jetsons up there, hahaha
    you are doing awesome and your goals are right on.......keep as you are

wtg shattered : )

welcome busy being born

oh girls, its sonice to see you. It is late here....I am glad it is the 31rst tonight, geeeeeeee! I need my food plan for the whole week, i need to plan my meals in order to succeed. I am oging to try yet a new approach this week. Ohhhhhhh we are due for a big snowstorm here sunday night into monday so I have some soups here that i need but will finish up some last minute groceries for our first week.......it was just such a busy day I didnot have time today. How are you all doing? Lets get ready for our first week
  • girls!

newbies!

Guess what?? I got a 1 year membership to Bally's Total Fitness today! The VA had this special promo and the membership was only $118!!! Of course, I didn't have the money but my mama and my friend Desi went half and half on it for me. I'm so lucky! Now, I just need to wait till Friday to see if I got my money back so I can pay this power bill before I'm left in the dark! Knowing my luck, the power company will wait and turn it off Wednesday or Thursday, and I get the money Friday. I also got a cute new water bottle. The hard plastic one I had (the third one I've brought) cracked. So when I was at Walmart, I saw a red , squishy plastic, 1L bottle and knew I had to have it. Only $2.50!
  • It's late in Seattle now. My son and I got in at noon, got the rental car, checked into the hotel, then walked .25 mile to the Space Needle. I made the huge mistake of wearing heeled boots. I stepped off the curb wrong and twisted my knee, the right one, that always seems to go out on me when I'm walking city streets. I'm icing it down, and on Advil now. I was looking forward to a lot of walking this week! But I can't let this get me down. I'll just pay extra care with my diet, and walk, in trainers, as much as possible.

Okay, I have to say something about lunch today...the food was amazing! I had salmon. It was crusted with peppercorns and rosemary, and then wrapped in a malleable sheet of cedar wood, like a piece of heavy parchment. It had been smoked in it. Delicious! The salmon was accompanied by two pancakes made with whole wheat, brown rice and quinoa. And then there was a beurre pinot noir, which was a wine reduction with a little butter in it. OMG!!!

I ate the vegetables too! Rapini and watercress on the side. And I had a salad for starters. And I drank only water...I stayed within my calories for the day.

Georgia

My blog: http://half-the-woman.blogspot.com/
  • HI again

jasonslea, your kidding? oh youuuuuuuuuuuuu. oh! Oh lea! I am happy for you, you use that kiddo. jasonslea, you go for the gold my sweet congrats on themembership! hugsssssssssss

geooooooooooo I am sorry about your knee! gee girl. feel better soon! Regarding your caloric intake and what youhad, gee georgia! lol...sounds mighty tasty and that isjut fine that it was within caloric range .
  • Count me in,

My wt goal is 7lbs

SW 191
    mini GW 184

Good luck all