Weigh-In: Gain or Loss?

You're on Page 2 of 51
Go to
  • Down 2.6!!!! WOO HOO! I have been on a long plateau (since beginning of Jan.) and I am so glad to see the scale move. Hopefully I can keep this going. Spring break is in 2 weeks...
  • -2.2 ! :-) It's a start!
  • Aaah, I almost didn't even realize that a new thread had been made... I was about to post on the old one, heh.

So, after a disappointing weigh-in on Friday, I went a little nutso this weekend... We're talkin' major binge territory on Saturday! So I'm really getting sick of this plateau, and I've decided to cut my sugar intake in addition to another week of being ridiculously OP... And I will weigh myself every day (for the first week in a pretty long time!), just so I can feel more, I dunno, held accountable. This MIGHT actually be a bad idea, since this week is TOM for me, but oh well. I'm gonna do it anyway!

So, on Sunday I weighed 179.0 lbs, yesterday (first day of TOM!) I weighed 178.6 lbs, and today I weighed 177.6 lbs! Looks like I am slowly getting rid of all the water weight from the weekend, which is good... I am hoping to at least be back to my plateau weight of 177 lbs by Friday, but at this time I don't feel like I'm in a position to count on anything good happening with my weigh-ins. Ugh.

I'll be back tomorrow to post my next weigh-in! Good luck this week, ladies!
  • Ok the scale is moving in the right direction again! Down 2 lbs from last week to 192.8
  • Down another teensy bit! 155.2 today!
  • no change today...gonna go for a run, hopefully tomorrow will show a loss
  • I'm still at 179!!! I'm happy it's not creeping back up, but I really wanting it to move in the downward direction!

Great job everyone on losing!!! You all are my motivation to keep truckin!
  • So... I'm very confused today... According to my scale, I am 175.4 lbs today. I even stepped on and off a couple times just to make sure, but that's what it said! I don't get it. I know I should be really happy, but it just feels like there's no way that can possibly be right. Especially since that's 2.2 lbs down just from yesterday--can you say "major water weight"?! And I haven't been doing anything very different from what I've been doing for the past couple weeks, just cutting my sugar, like I said. Could that really make that big of a difference? Hmmm.

I dunno, I suppose I will change my ticker, but something just feels weird about this, y'know? I guess I've just gotten so used to being 177-180 over the past month that I'm afraid to trust that I might actually finally be getting past those numbers! I guess we'll see if I've spiked back up again by tomorrow, heh.
  • 172.6 today. yay for busting my plateau!!!
  • ive gained to 134.2 from TOM!
  • goodday:
    Hope it showed!

Angeline:
    Hey, sitting at one weight is much better than gaining! Keep doing what you're doing, it'll drop, I'm sure.

Meredith:
    Check out the old thread to see my ranting GUSH about how happy I am for you that you stayed on the wagon and that you're as freakin' low as you are!!! 175!? 177, even!?!?! You amaze me, woman!

Leighish:
    Good job, honey! Awesome for breaking outta that thing!

Jahjah:
    Haha, in the same boat, honey. TOM is eeeeevil!

Me:
    I'm down to 154.8! God, I don't even care what I weigh at this point, the fact of the matter is just that I'm gleeful at seeing the number go DOWN. I let myself climb steadily higher and higher in the past few months, and I was afraid that I wouldn't muster the motivation to change its direction again, and I'd end up back in the 170s.
    Let's keep those numbers going down!!
  • -.2 ugh, no more eating out for me.
  • I stepped on the scale hesitantly just now because I FEEL huge!! Its day 4 of TOM and well......181!! woohoo maybe I will be in the 170's next week for the first time in almost 3 years
  • Thanks Jelbb!!! You are so super sweet!

And WAY TO GO Meredith!!! Even if it is water weight, it still must bring a smile to your face and probably makes a great motivator

Speaking of water weight- I have been doing everything right and I have a two pound gain I'm hoping (hopehopehope) it will gone tomorrow and that it was just a flux. Either way I'll be kicking my own butt at the gym today to make sure it goes back where it was!
  • leighish - YAY! I am SO excited for you that you kicked that plateau's butt! Plateaus suck so hard, man! Haha. You are doing sooo awesome... And btw congrats on the healthy BMI! That's such a milestone.

jahjah1223 - Yuck, TOM! I'm having my TOM this week too, but for some reason I usually gain a lot when I'm PMSing and then lose during the actual TOM. But anyways, at least you know it's all water weight and not fat... It'll be gone in no time. Stay strong!

Jelbb - YES, I saw your post on the other thread and I was absolutely floored/sooo thankful! You are way too kind! And it really lifted my spirits to think of how far I'd come, even just since the last time you'd seen me... I was beginning to feel like my weight losses were slowing to such a turtle-like pace that it was almost like not losing at all--not true! Thanks for the reminder. I would have written back in the other thread, but I didn't want to get scolded for resurrecting it when this new one had already been made, LOL. And YAY for you on the 154.8!! You're just droppin' down and down and down...

Bee20nine - Ugh, that's what I told myself last week... Part of my "bad weigh-in" binge last Saturday included going to a restaurant and having THE least healthy meal I've had in months--NOT good! Ha. If you think it's a good idea, maybe you could cut out restaurant foods for a while, but y'know, forever is a very long time! Hehe. And I say CONGRATS for that loss!

Blcarter84 - Woohoo, 181!! And during TOM, no less--very impressive! You are getting sooo close to the 170s, girl... How exciting! Good luck getting there very soon!

angelinelosesweight - Thank you! And yes, NEVER underestimate the power of water weight... I never would have believed the losses I'm having this week if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes! I'm like, D*mn, how long was I holding on to all that water?! Lol. Good luck weighing in tomorrow--hopefully you'll be back down.

For MEEE, I am not only NOT up again since yesterday, but I am actually 1.2 lbs down! WTF? That puts me at 174.2 lbs for today... Remember when I said a couple weeks ago that I was going to give up even trying to figure out what the heck is going on with my body? Yeah, that still rings true for now, haha. But I guess I'm not complaining! And I'm looking forward to tomorrow's weekly weigh-in--maybe I'll have squeezed out a few MORE ounces of water weight by then, LOL! (Hey, at this point it feels like anything could happen!)

See you all tomorrow!