At least I'm no longer morbidly

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Checked my bmi today and I'm right in the middle of 'severely obese' - but at least I've moved out of 'morbidly'!
    When I reach my interim goal, I'll be into 'overweight', which will feel a whole lot better!
  • Congratulations! I think moving out of "morbidly obese" is a huge step. We are the same height and I am really looking forward to losing that "morbidly"! Where do you calculate your BMI? I use http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/ but it does not show "morbidly" or "severely" ranges.
  • I use http://www.halls.md/body-mass-index/bmi.htm once you've done the calculation , if you scroll down past all the boxes and click on "Body Mass Index and Percentiles in-depth info", it gives the categories.
    I know severely is still pretty grim but all these mini-goals help!
  • ps Good luck! well done for all you've already lost!
  • Congrats! Its a big step, I can't wait until I reach that.
  • Maybe we should have a sub-group for us petite heighted ladies?

In the long ago days when I used to read diet magazines, I used to get so cross at people who'd dieted down to my then current weight and were so proud to be in 10s and 12s, while I was still struggling in 18s (oh, if only) and then discovering they were about 8 foot tall. Or 'normally' heighted anyway..... grrr.
  • Quote: Maybe we should have a sub-group for us petite heighted ladies?

In the long ago days when I used to read diet magazines, I used to get so cross at people who'd dieted down to my then current weight and were so proud to be in 10s and 12s, while I was still struggling in 18s (oh, if only) and then discovering they were about 8 foot tall. Or 'normally' heighted anyway..... grrr.
    I know what you mean!!!
    I think we should have a group for us too! that would be awesome!
  • Fantastic news. You should be very proud of yourself.
  • Way to go! You're making wonderful progress! It's very exciting to move down the categories.
  • Ailidh,

Thanks for the link to hallsMD, it is very helpful. It is good to connect with other petite heighted ladies that have a lot of weight to lose. I often think, "If I were just a couple of inches taller!" A sub-thread would be great!

Anyway, when I am 'severely obese' instead of "morbidly obese", I will be doing the happy dance! It may take awhile but I will get there.

But today I am celebrating your victory with a little happy dance in my chair at work!! You have done a wonderful job!
  • Congratulations!!!! It is an awesome feeling to know that is one less label
  • That is super awesome I will achieve that milestone too one day
  • Congratulations! Like you, I view that as a very significant milestone.
  • Congratulations, that is truly awesome
  • Congratulations!!!! I will join you in three pounds! Soon as I get to 262 I will merely be obese... I can't wait!