Introducing myself

• Hi there, My name is Ashley and I am a 25 years old and I was just recently married in September 2008. After seeing me at my biggest in my pictures and not happy how I looked in my dress, I decided I have to do something about it. I am 5'4" and reached 223 lbs which is the biggest. I know I am so critical of myself but I am working at not being that way and instead of complaining and doing nothing, I want to make the change. I know its going to be hard and a big challenge but I am hoping to lose around 60-70 lbs. I have never lost more than 6-10 lbs so I really want to lose more and keep it off.

I am doing the Biggest Loser program through work and so far I have lost 4 lbs in 4 weeks so its a start. Im basically just counting my calories, keeping a food journal, working out and trying to get more healthy foods in my diet. My husband is my biggest supporter and loves to work out so he is my motivator.
  • Hi Ashley!

I around your age (be 25 next month) and in a similar situation. I've been married for almost three years and have been my heaviest during my marriage.

You'll find a lot of support here. There's a 20-something forums as well as a Calorie Counters forum. There's a lot more as well. Welcome to the forum and congrats on your weight loss so far.
  • Hi Ashley! I'm new here too! I totally understand about being critical of yourself. Boy do I ever! I think we're always our worst critic.