Second week issues ..

• did or does anyone else seem to find their second week to be harder then the first .. i did really well last week i lost 5.8 lbs but this week i can tell i didn't lose .. i stepped on the scale and im up 2 lbs from last week .. I've been told its because im not eating as much as before i started calorie counting so my body feels like im starving it so its holding onto the fat rather then letting it go .. I've also been told its because its that TOM and im probably retaining water .. I've eaten the same this week as last except for i had a lil piece of my nieces Bday cake the other day but it was pretty tiny piece and was worked into my calories!! .. this is where i get discouraged and want to just give up because I'm just going to be fat forever
  • Hey! What is your target calorie level? Although it's normal to feel hungry sometimes, you shouldn't feel starving all the time.

Jay
  • the second week can be a let down for a lot of people.

I did a few of things to try to avoid it:

1. very little salt....I am using salt sub and light salt ONLY.
    2. changing my calorie counts every couple of days....I go up and down about 300 or 400 calories every couple of days.
    3. lots of water.
    4 eat in small amts. every 2.5 to 3 hours.
    5. week 2 increase activity level and change up exercise.
    6. high intensity interval training. google Tabata....it burns fat and only takes a few minutes, and you can do it anywhere.
  • I've been sticking w/ 1400 calories .. but im not starving myself im defintely satisfied .. i have days where thats way to many calories to eat .. and the days its not enough but its not even that im hungry its just plain boredom .. but i dont give in to the boredom hunger i just ignore it
  • i didnt lose as much weight last week (my 2nd week on plan) as i did the first, but it was my TOM and i was retaining water, so that may be your issue as well.
  • yea....glad to help.....
  • It happens! Don't give up, you'll miss out on all the fun of weight loss. I looked over my records, lost 5.5 the first week, gained .5 the second - which has happened over and over throughout my loss.
  • Last week was my first week, and I only lost 1.4 lbs. I was a little shocked, but I realize that, its the BIG picture. I'm happy with it! But we'll see how week 2 goes! Just stay on track! The fat has to let go sooner or later!
  • I really like the tips that "iminhere" gave you. All great ones for minimizing water gain etc.

I think you have to be realistic in a sense that weight loss is not linear. How much do you weigh currently? You might be eating too little for your size but really... two weeks of that is NOT going to send your body into starvation mode (which I'm not a big fan as touting for a reason one is not losing weight.)

What are your macro's? (levels of fat, protein, carbs)

Why don't you post your food plan here and we'll see what we can do!

But for example: last week I lost almost 5 lbs. Sunday morning I was 301. Monday morning I was 303. This morning I was 302.6. I currently have my period so my weight is bouncing all over. In a few days all of this water weight will come off and I'll be at my real weight. I don't let it throw me off plan or upset me. It is what it is. And if you stick to your plan and if it's a realistic one for your body, the weight will come off!
  • Quote:

Why don't you post your food plan here and we'll see what we can do!

But for example: last week I lost almost 5 lbs. Sunday morning I was 301. Monday morning I was 303. This morning I was 302.6. I currently have my period so my weight is bouncing all over. In a few days all of this water weight will come off and I'll be at my real weight. I don't let it throw me off plan or upset me. It is what it is. And if you stick to your plan and if it's a realistic one for your body, the weight will come off!
    well..yes...that makes sense....if it's a good plan and you stick to it you WILL lose weight. it doesn't always register on the scale immediately...but it HAS TO COME OFF if you are on plan.