Can It Be For Real This Time?

• Hey all,
    I'm new as is probably obvious since I've posted in the introductions thread right lol!
    A bit about me. I just moved back to my hometown in SoCal from a 2 year stay in Vegas. I love doing crafts, hanging out with my girlfriends and doing stuff online.

I have always been fat. Even as a baby I was big (10lbs 10oz!) I was a big kid and a big teen . Of course I was always teased, always told by adults i needed to go on a diet. I like food though!!!
    I've tried so many diets. Atkins, South Beach, Weight Watchers, just not eating (yes I know it's not right but I did it.)
    Nothing has worked.
    I'm admitting this here and now. I hate exercise. I hate sweating and being out of breath. I hate how my back hurts because my boobs bounce when I run.
    I also like crap food and can't seem to control myself around it. This is not made any easier by my situation. i am currently staying with my parents to help them out. Mom cooks and really doesn't allow anyone else to use "her" kitchen lo. She's possessive like that.
    Oh and i eat at night. I've tried to stop that and it doesn't work.

OK so now that this is out of the way I can get down to what matters. NOW. I am going to start counting calories. NOW I am going to seek support in my goals. NOW I am going to find some form of exercise that I like and can do. It's about now.
    I can't wait to get in here nad get to know some new people and get motivated to get in shape.
  • You can do this. The extra obstacles are just a few more things to be PROUD about overcoming to reach your goals. Even if you don't cook you can do healthy non-cooking snacks like celery stuffed with Laughing Cow Light Cheese and 10 or so almonds. There are a lot of snack things you CAN fit in. You just need to come up with a plan for overcoming the challenges. I'll bet your Mom would find a way to make room for you in the kitchen if you had one of those 'girl talks' and asked for her support.
  • Hey there. I'm new here as well. Sounds like have made the right choice of knowing what you need to do. Get started a little at a time, finding exercise that you will enjoy and not hate doing. Counting calories is also a great start. I have to write down everyting I eat so I can see just how much I am eating. And believe me, you will be surprised at first. Plus that will help you for counting calories. There is alot of great information here along with inspriation and support. Good luck to you!
  • Welcome to 3FC! Surf around and settle in! We have subforums based on age, eating plan, exercise and more. Be sure to check out the calorie counting forum. Good luck!

• Just snoop around...you are sure to find lots of great info and wonderful people for support!

Glad you found us!