PCOS question

• I went to my doc about my weight...said it seemed like it was not coming off...I had lost weight b4 (after pregnancy) and it wasn't as hard. got the usual unhelpful advice.
    I went to my doc a while back complaining of hairs on my face....she was not helpful.

I went for pains in my side...got an ultrasound and found that I have cysts on my ovaries...

I haven't had a period in months and b4 that my period was almost incapacitating...she said it was early menopause.

Do I have pcos??? wouldn't she know that? I know you're not docs, just looking for opinions.
  • It honestly sounds like you need a new doctor brushing off of symptoms are a big no no with me. We can't diagnose that here, and you should be seeing an OBGYN for that kind of thing if your not already. It depends on how old you are etc other med history.
  • One thing that I have noticed (at least in my area) is that there are some doctor's who are resistant to the PCOS diagnosis.

For me, my GP is an older doctor doesn't like to call it PCOS if you don't have insulin resistance (which I don't). So when he referred me to an endocrinologist when my thryoid was acting up, and the endo actually asked me if I thought I had PCOS in our consultation. We went through all the protocol, changed the type of birth control I was on, and I feel so much better now. We also still straightening out that pesky thyroid.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I love my GP. But sometimes you just need a referral to another doctor.
  • i have PCOS and it sounds like you may .. you definitely have signs of it .. the black whiskery hairs .. missed periods .. another sign of it are those skin tags .. i would definitely find a new Dr if i were you .. you need to be tested and figure out whats wrong .. GL
  • thanks...I DID have skin tags...my doc burned then off.
  • It sounds like you do need to see another doctor. Will you have any peace if you don't?
  • I have to agree with the others, seeing a new doc and getting a diagnosis. I also have PCOS and your symptoms sound just like mine. GL
  • My doctor is testing me for it right now and I have those same exact symptoms