Newbie here

• Good morning ladies! I'm starting Atkins today (I was told to start on phase 2 since I only have 10-15 more pounds to lose). Does anyone have tips they can give me? I went to the store yesterday and bought a bunch of chicken, beef, spinach, eggs, almonds, Atkins bars/shakes etc. I've been on WW since May and have lost a good amount of weight, but over the past 3 weeks it's just stopped. I'm hoping Atkins gives me a good jumpstart again.

Thanks~!
  • Quote: Atkins bars/shakes
    Sammi!
    You might want to reconsider the Atkins bars & shakes. Here is an article you might want to read to help you better understand:
    http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19059967.php
    When followed the way it was written, Atkins is a healthy & effective lifestyle
    All the best to you!!

• Thank you for posting the article! Though I'm still a bit confused... call me slow (lol) but when we count net carbs, it's total carb-fiber-sugar alcohol? Btw, your before and after pictures...WOW! How long did it take you to lose the weight?
  • Net carb is calculated by deducting fiber from total carbs. As far as deducting sugar alcohols goes...sugar alcohols affect some people's blood sugar & not other's...therefore, sugar alcohol should be counted & not deducted.
    Thank you for the compliment It took me a little over a year to lose the weight. I'll be on Atkins 5 years in April