MRC Take 32

You're on Page 21 of 35
Go to
  • Quote: I am on DAY 2 - heading straight for Day 5 and I guess, I'll just make some sugar free chocolate pudding on day 5 (FRIDAY). ....or maybe buy a pack of southbeach hi-protein bars or something to replace the HNS'. I got Vitamin B and Hydroxycut (for replacement of MR6)...

Here we go...........
    Per someone's suggestion on here, for a replacement of the MRC6 Pills, I found a NOW brand Cider Vinegar capsules that are pretty close to the MRC6. I'm not sure what Hydroxy cut has in it, but the Cider Vinegar Capsules seem to be pretty good. I don't remember what exactly MRC6 has in it either but when i compared them they seemed pretty close... here is what the cider Vinegar Diet Formula has....

Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxine HCI) 40 mg 2000%

Chromium (as Amino Acid Chelate) 140 mg 14%

Apple Cider Vinegar 13 mcg 11%

Soy Lecithin 34 mg 1%

Glucomannan Fiber (Amorphophallus rivieri) (Tuber) 550 mg **

Kelp (Ascophylum nodosum) (Algae) 500 mg **

Grapefruit Fiber 500 mg

I'm pretty sure that its under $20 for a bottle of 180 pills....
  • Quote: I just started MRC. I went on it years ago. There are none near me, so I am having to pull out all my old stuff, dust it off and see what we can do!

I purchased Special K protein powder stuff to put in water - to use as my HNS. I lost Day 1-4, but just modified my Day 5-10 to eliminate any sodas...anything extra that isn't clear.

I recall being able to have soda and chocolate pudding on day 5. WHAT a treat that was.

I am new to this webpage and new to posting... not even sure if someone will respond, but I need support now more than ever.

I want a MRC cookbook. I emailed the closest location (several hours away) two times to see if I could buy one, but no one responds to me.

It is super expensive and feels so crazy paying so much, but MAN...it works. It has worked so incredibly well for me in the past. I tried other diets - southbeach, Body for Life, Weight Watchers...but nothing compares to this one.

If you can hear me, send a reply!!!! I am ready for success. I am SOOOOOOOO ready for success.

I am on DAY 2 - heading straight for Day 5 and I guess, I'll just make some sugar free chocolate pudding on day 5 (FRIDAY). ....or maybe buy a pack of southbeach hi-protein bars or something to replace the HNS'. I got Vitamin B and Hydroxycut (for replacement of MR6)...

I'm starting to do yoga in the a.m., running in the evenings (for the first time ever) and lifting weights in between.

Here we go...........
    Have you tried looking on ebay for the MRC cookbook.That is where I purchased mine.I have also seen them on occasion on half.com and amazon.Good luck with the program.
  • Quote: What a great idea using the egg whites instead of the HNS, i like that its less chemicals!!! I make a wonderful breakfast with 1 egg and 1 oz of pepperjack cheese and a 1/4 C of beans. Its so yummy and adding 3 egg whites instead of having my HNS would make it so much better!! Thanks for a great idea. I get sick of the sweet HNS all of the time so its nice to know its ok to subsitute something i can add into my food.
    That would also be good with a salad for lunch, add 3 hard boiled egg whites in a salad...
    Glad you liked the suggestion. I never checked it out with the center; however, I can't see how it would negatively affect ketosis. Egg whites are pure protien. You do have 30 extra calories compared to the 60 calories in the clear HNS, but you also are getting 3 extra grams of protien. You could just use 2 egg whites, then you would be taking the same amount of calories, but would only be getting 12 grams of protien. I think the protien is the important piece, so I go for the 3.

I've thought about using hard boiled egg whites in salad, but just haven't taken the time to do it. Maybe I'll give it a try. If I used 3 egg whites for breakfast and 2 for lunch then the average would be in line with the program.
  • Hooray! Another day OP. 3 for 3...I'm on a roll I also hit the gym today so I'm 3 for 3 there. I'm spending 30-45 minutes on the treadmill or eliptical, with the goal of burning 300 calories. This stubborn 5 pounds is history
  • Thank you for the tips on the Hydroxycut...and the Special K protein water packets.... This is good stuff. It has been so long since I was on it, I've forgotten. I'm going to check out dietdirect.com. Any recommendations for my first purchase????

I went jogging - went a 1/2 mile without stopping...and walked and...then jogged/sprinted/walked back home. YIKES. Can't wait until I can jog without feeling like my chest is going to blow up! I hear 3 weeks is the marking point for improvement...Just gotta get through 3 weeks!!!!

I'm going to keep posting what supp's I am taking, so that hopefully, you guys can help me get on track. I never made it to maintenance (before I moved).

I understand that the menu starting day 11 was what I stayed on until I lost the weight. How does the maintenance portion differ from the diet part?

I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Anyways, THANK YOU SO much for helping me. I desperately want this. I want to succeed so bad I can taste it!

Out with the Special K - in with the bari bars or whatever. What other advice does someone have for me?
  • just wondering....what menus do you have. Are you starting with a menu for days 1-4 than one for days 5-10? Will you then be going to the green menu? Did you do a week of pre-conditioning or just jump right in to the menu plans?

So for the HNS at diet direct I really like the Proti-Diet fruit drink concentrate. These are liquid and mix very easily with water. Wonder Slim brand has the puddings. I suggest you order more of the clear supplements since you can only have 1 creamy a day. BariWise has HNS jello, which is nice to have. I use more water because I like a softer texture. I absolutely love the wonderslim protien diet bars, but don't like to use them very often because they do have quite a few more carbs and I think the plan limits them to 2 times a week.

Look forward to hearing your progress and sharing your successes.
  • I so agree
    Quote: Have you looked at the MRC recipe thread here? I have found it to be significantly more useful than the cookbook. A lot of the recipes in the cookbook are posted there as well.
    I bought the cookbook, but there are some awesome recipes posted online that are not in the cookbook. I love the chili, I made it the other day and it was super good. This weekend I am going to try some of the Mexican recipes, I keep hearing how good the soft taco casserole recipe is, so that is my goal for this weekend.

• Quote: Glad you liked the suggestion. I never checked it out with the center; however, I can't see how it would negatively affect ketosis. Egg whites are pure protien. You do have 30 extra calories compared to the 60 calories in the clear HNS, but you also are getting 3 extra grams of protien. You could just use 2 egg whites, then you would be taking the same amount of calories, but would only be getting 12 grams of protien. I think the protien is the important piece, so I go for the 3.

I've thought about using hard boiled egg whites in salad, but just haven't taken the time to do it. Maybe I'll give it a try. If I used 3 egg whites for breakfast and 2 for lunch then the average would be in line with the program.
    I once asked my center about a similar thing, they said not all protein is the same. The HNS are made with whey protein and help you stay in ketosis and is better for your body. If you are not losing, you might want to change that and go back to HNS. Just an FYI.
  • I went to my first weigh in after preconditioning and lost 3 lbs Now its my third day on the beige menu and don't feel hungry at all sometimes a little lightheaded and sometimes a little dizzy. But I think I am just detoxing of all the junk. I am very happy with the weigh in, if I continue to lose 3 lbs a week I will be in at my goal weight in 15 weeks. YAY!!
  • Quote: Hooray! Another day OP. 3 for 3...I'm on a roll I also hit the gym today so I'm 3 for 3 there. I'm spending 30-45 minutes on the treadmill or eliptical, with the goal of burning 300 calories. This stubborn 5 pounds is history

Happy dance for you! I didn't fair as well! I made CC cookies for the family need I say more! But today was a new day and I did go to the gym and got in 45 min on the eliptical! Plus made my pancakes for breakfast! I love those and totally feel like I had something yummy!

Have a great day and here's to us all staying completely OP!
  • Quote: I went to my first weigh in after preconditioning and lost 3 lbs Now its my third day on the beige menu and don't feel hungry at all sometimes a little lightheaded and sometimes a little dizzy. But I think I am just detoxing of all the junk. I am very happy with the weigh in, if I continue to lose 3 lbs a week I will be in at my goal weight in 15 weeks. YAY!!
    Congrats!
  • Discoverjoy -

Someone mentioned the Syntrax Nectar protein drinks in an earlier post. I have used these all along and everything has worked great for me. You can order them from vitacost.com for about $27.00 a piece and you get 36 servings per can. My favorite is the cappucino. I use 16 ounces of water usually instead of the 8 it calls for. Good luck.
  • Quote: Discoverjoy -

Someone mentioned the Syntrax Nectar protein drinks in an earlier post. I have used these all along and everything has worked great for me. You can order them from vitacost.com for about $27.00 a piece and you get 36 servings per can. My favorite is the cappucino. I use 16 ounces of water usually instead of the 8 it calls for. Good luck.
    I have used the Nectar protein in the past, i will start using that one once I run out of the HNS that I got from the center.
  • how do you get to the mrc receipe forum
  • Quote: I went to my first weigh in after preconditioning and lost 3 lbs Now its my third day on the beige menu and don't feel hungry at all sometimes a little lightheaded and sometimes a little dizzy. But I think I am just detoxing of all the junk. I am very happy with the weigh in, if I continue to lose 3 lbs a week I will be in at my goal weight in 15 weeks. YAY!!
    Hello,

You know I thought that was just me. Last week was my first week on the plan and though I was feeling good and not hungry I too, got a bit lightheaded and dizzy. After sitting down for a minute it passed. I am glad I am not the only one.

So, today is my day 10 on the plan and I went in for a WI. I was a bit nervous since last Sat night I had to go off plan a little. We had an event to go to and got there about 2:30 (so I had eatten a good lunch) but we were there until about midnight. I knew we were going to be a there a while so I tried to bring in my raw veggies in my bag, but they inspected my purse and found them and made me throw out the food I was trying to "smuggle" in as well as the $5 bottle of water I had just bought in their parking lot from their vendors before going into the arena So after much running around, I finally found a grilled chicken and swiss sandwich that I tried my best to pick apart for dinner.

But I was down 1 pound since last Friday for a total of 5 pounds in 10 days. I was hoping it was going to be a bit more but that is an average of 1 pound gone every 2 days. And in looking at the big picture, I want to lose 50 I only have 45 more to go.

I also tried the Turkey Lasagna receipe last night. I whipped up a batch and took it for lunch today. It was alright. The zucchini seemed to make it really watery. I don't think I am a fan of the tomato supplement. Its edible but I think next time I might try to revamp the receipe with just pureed tomatoes and more spices.

Congrats to everyone--it sounds as if all of you are doing great with dropping the pounds or staying on track with exercise.