Walk Awy the Pounds - February Daily Check I

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Hey Gang

I am doing my very best to get over this cold and get back on track and will post my miles as soon as I feel up to doing them....

Just wanted to pop in and start the February thread!

hope everybody has a great day!
    hugs,
    Cathy
  • P.S. I canNOT believe it is already february

P.S.S. Sorry the thread title is missing an "N" after the I - duh - too much cold medicine. if anybody knows how to fix the title please be my quest ;-)
  • hey? where's all our walkers???
    i'm walking tomorrow morning....no matter what!!!!
  • Hi, ladies! New walker kid on the block. I was actually looking for info on walking, as I have been walking (literally, in the streets) for fitness purposes for quite a long time. But now I have the videos and... wondering what to do with them. I first got the 4-mile challenge, and though it was quite strenuous workout, I managed to do it. Then I got the others (apart from the 5 mile). What would your advice be - how do I start? Go back to the beginning, and do 1 and 2? Or alternate? And how often? How did you get YOUR best results with it? Sorry about the many questions...
    Good luck with your plans!
  • I also am new to the forum. I bought Leslie's 1 & 2 mile walk diet, then I found her WATP book at my local library. She has a great 6 week plan in there and adds strength training along the way.
  • Hey gang

Well "no matter what" happened yesterday morning and I did NOT walk like I said I would I've been having trouble with 2 teeth and I woke up with my head and mouth pounding and my jaw was swollen! I knew there was just no way I could move with Leslie and survive it.

But I just got back from walking 2 miles at the park during lunch. The sun is shining and it's about 60 degrees and I really needed the walk and the sun. I may need to do more outside walking since all I've been doing is walking with Leslie, but anyway, I got in 2 miles today

Where are all our regular walkers?

Fractal and Darin - WELCOME - it's great to have y'all here and walking with Leslie and us! we hope you'll post your miles and progress with us.

Fractal - you may just have to play around with your routine and see what works best for you - but I'm thinking if you can do the 4 mile workout then to do that when you can. Like maybe do the 4 mile one day and then the 2 mile the next. I have most of Leslie's dvds bec I need some variety so I like to alternate dvds. I cannot do the same dvd over and over day in and day out - so I would think you would do better to mix them up too but that is just me. Let us know what you're doing and how it's going.

Hope everybody is having a great day!
    hugs,
    Cathy
  • I got one mile in yesterday - hard to work an exercise video in with a sick child. He is feeling better today and I did the two mile crosstrainer. This was my first time doing one of her videos with strength training and I really liked it, but it really kicked my butt! Whew! I thought I was doing good until today, but I will keep at it and it will get easier. I love my library! I was able to order 6 of her videos through inter-library loan, so I can figure out what I want to buy.
  • Hey Gang

I did not get up at 5 this morning and it is raining so I went to the mall during lunch and walked 45 minutes = 3 miles and I sure do feel better!

Where are all our walkers??? there can only be one slacker at a time and that has been me so where's the rest of our gang? I hope everybody isn't dealing with bugs and flu and colds and junk!!!

Darindkny - you are so right it's hard to work in exercise with a sick kid or if anybody in your house is sick. CONGRATS on getting in a mile! I say it should count for double under those circumstances I sure hope your little one gets better!!! and that's awesome about the library!

hugs,
    cathy
  • Hi I am new to this thread. I started WATP back in Nov and then in Jan I started the C25k. So today was an off day so I popped in my 4 mile walk. I was so happy with my progress, it was almost mile 2 before I even was feeling it. So it gets to mile 3 and my dvd stops. I guess I used it too much in the past.
    So I only got 2 miles in today but I am happy with the progress I have made. When I first started out I barely made it through 1 mile now I am sad that I did not get my 4 mile walk.

I guess I will be buying a replacement video. I just love these things.
  • Eviemc, Sorry to hear about your dvd and I know what you mean about getting the miles in. I usually walk outside, but I am not a cold lover, so all winter, I walked on my treadmill until I found WATP. Now I can walk inside anytime I feel like and it's not boring (unlike my treadmill)! Yesterday, the sun was shining and it was about 32F outside, so I tried to walk. Took about 20 minutes for me to get to an open area and I hit the wind chill, that was enough. I finally got a mile in with Leslie yesterday evening. Thanks Cathyxxx, my son is better. He did the mile with me yesterday. My plan is to get at least 1 mile in every day this week and to make at least one of those miles a strength training one.
  • Hey Gang

I walked 30 minutes at the mall during lunch again today = 2 miles

• darindkny-wow 32F today is 70F for me. I took my walk outside today as well, it is all about changing the routine for me. It works for my body and my mind. I got in 1.5 miles today in 25 mins in my hilly neighborhood. I love walking outside, I add a few inter. of jogging as well.

I am planning on getting a new dvd but I saw the walkblaster and I am very interested in it.
  • Hey ladies!

Hope you guys are doing well...

So here's how Jan panned out--I did 29 miles. I'm bummed that I was two miles short of my goal. But I've made up for it already. So far, for this month, I've done 14 miles
  • Hey gang

I walked 2 miles at the park during lunch

Blackdove - I think 29 miles for January is AWESOME and you are already half way there again on the 10th of the month! WOW you go girl :-)

Evie - that's awesome to get some walking done outside. I also needed some fresh air today. Actually, it feels like spring here today in LA and I enjoyed every minute of my walk.

hugs,
    Cathy
  • Thanks, cathy! Go you with your two miles and great support.

So far, the count is 19 miles for Feb I just feel weird doing anything less than a mile a day. If I happen to not do something one day, I'll make up for it the next day with two or three.

Hope you all feel loved today! ♥