Oh Fairest February! Alternachicks Exercise Thread

You're on Page 5 of 10
Go to
  • Just finished up 30 minutes with my best friend, note the irony! Haha.

Personal- 615/2000

Group- 5800!! lets try to get to 6000 by Sunday night!
  • I was just looking back at posts and I do workout a lot! But it's all thanks to you guys! I know that I have to come back here everyday with my minutes, and you guys hold me accountable. So thanks everyone for getting my butt back into shape! :]

I really feel like i'm moving toward my goal! I thought i'd share it with you guys. My goal isn't only my weight, but I just registered to do a triathlon on June 26! I am committed and so I HAVE to do it. :] I'm really excited to do this for myself. It's something I never thought I would do!

But anyways, today I ran for 20 minutes, did 25 minutes on the elliptical, and a 60 minute power pump class that I almost died in. It was so hard! i definitely felt the burn!

Totals So Far:
    Personal: 750/1500
    Group: 5905/6000

Thanks again for all support. And way to get on that bike K!!!

:] Nelli
  • 750????? FOR FEB? Yikes Nelli that was probably my 2008 grand total, LOL. Actually with the year I had that's probably not even really an LOL!

OK OK I'm going to go do 15 on the bike while the water is boiling....my goal was 45 minutes a day and if you can do twice that much than I can too! I did a half hour run/walk today but will bump it up on the bike and then post the whole 45!
  • OK I did a walk/run for 30 minutes and the bike for 15 so

Personal 227 + 45 = 272

GROUP TOTAL: 5815
  • I did another intense 30 minutes on the treadmill today!

Group Total = 5845

to everyone for your hard work. You are awesome!
  • back is out again so wasn't able to do much...personal goal 560.
    20 min physio
  • So, the total got off again, so I fixed it.

Today I walked for 10 min, then 60 minute bootcamp class. ouchy.

Totals So Far:
    Personal: 820/1500
    Group: 6050/6000

WAY TO GO GUYS!!!
  • Boot Camp sounds terrifying!! I did a less scary 30 minute walk/run and 20 minutes on the bike....

persona: 272 + 50 =322

6050 + 50 = GROUP TOTAL 6100
  • its not too terrifying :]

my instructor is 6 months pregnant with her 3rd son and she can still kick my butt. mad props to her! lol.
  • Alright, so this morning I ran for 20, and elliptical for 20, then power pump for 60 minutes. Then I ran again for 15.

Totals So Far:
    Personal: 935/1500
    Group: 6235/6000

• I did a 45 minute hike this morning!

322 + 45 = 367

GROUP: 6235 + 45 = 6280
  • Okay I really wanna join this thread but I don't understand how it works, can someone explain to me please! lol...

thanks to nellibaby for inviting me over here!
  • HEY TANISHA! Glad to see you over here!

So some people set a monthly goal of how many minutes you want to spend working out this month. Every time you work out you add your minutes to your personal goal, and then the group total.

K8-EEE has a good example right above your post.

Her Personal: 322 minutes + 45 (her workout) = 367 minutes

GROUP: 6235 minutes + 45 (her workout) = 6280 minutes

So feel free to set a goal and update your total every time you work out! :]
    (Sorry my explination isn't so great, Rainlady could probably explain it better)

This is my update for today:

45 Minute Biggest Loser DVD Workout +
    10 Minutes Treadmill
    = 55 Minutes Today

Totals So Far:
    Personal: 935+55 (my workout) = 990/1500
    Group: 6280+55 (my workout) = 6335/6000

• Quote: HEY TANISHA! Glad to see you over here!

So some people set a monthly goal of how many minutes you want to spend working out this month. Every time you work out you add your minutes to your personal goal, and then the group total.

K8-EEE has a good example right above your post.

Her Personal: 322 minutes + 45 (her workout) = 367 minutes

GROUP: 6235 minutes + 45 (her workout) = 6280 minutes

So feel free to set a goal and update your total every time you work out! :]
    (Sorry my explination isn't so great, Rainlady could probably explain it better)

This is my update for today:

45 Minute Biggest Loser DVD Workout +
    10 Minutes Treadmill
    = 55 Minutes Today

Totals So Far:
    Personal: 935+55 (my workout) = 990/1500
    Group: 6280+55 (my workout) = 6335/6000

So just to make sure I got this right,
    when she's saying 322, that's her monthly total so far, plus her workout today which is 45, giving her 367 for her monthly total so far out of whatever her goal was right?

And for the group total, I'm adding my workout minutes so far to whatever the group total is so far...and so right now the group total is 6000 but its been passed? like you guys beat your own goal already?
    if you did that's awesome!
  • yeah! thats exactly right. everyone has been working so hard! our goal was 6,000 but we're gonna do way more than that!