300+ Freezing but Fabulous February Exercise Thread

You're on Page 1 of 14
Go to
  • WELCOME

to the February exercise thread! We're making exercise a habit, giving ourselves some accountability, and getting healthier in the process!

In this thread, we track the number of MINUTES we exercise for the month -- whether it's walking or swimming or sweaty housework! Most of us set goals for ourselves (I personally will not exercise much without a goal). If you are a goal-setter, early in the month set your own goal! If you're just getting started, feel free to start with a smaller number of minutes (I did!), maybe just a few hundred. It seems easier for many of us to build on the habit rather than meet a very high goal right away. However, you can also just jump right in without a goal, and you can join us anytime in the month!

In 2007 the 300+ club exercised 205,352 minutes. Let’s break that record!

To keep track, just add your minutes to the existing group’s minutes. If you’re new, look at what other people are doing – it’s pretty easy to figure out! To help everyone keep things straight, please note the OLD minutes and the number of NEW minutes you are adding, such as
    Group total ~ 500 + 50 = 550 minutes

We've made a great start in January (19,474 min!), let's try to get in 15,000 minutes for February!!!
  • I know my February is going to be very busy... and a few days shorter than January, so I'm going to set 900 minutes as my goal.
  • I'm going to stick with 1000 minutes including 20 miles for February - considering it is a shorter month and there is a week of vacation in there. I will exercise every day on vacation and keep track of the minutes - what a change!
  • Even though there are only 28 days in February, I am going to set myself a goal of 1200 minutes. :]

Roll on February!

Beth

xx
  • My goal for this month is 1800 minutes
  • My excercise goal for February is 2000 minutes
  • It is February in the UK now so I will start logging the minutes now. :]

20 minutes of stretching and toning and on the mini pedal.

Personal total: 20/1200
    Group total: 20 minutes.

Beth

xx
  • I will also have a goal of 900 min.
  • 57 minutes cardio

Group total-20+57=77

Pesronal goal- 77/1800
  • 77 + 60 = 137 minutes
  • 30 minutes walking the dog in glorious weather here in the Mid-south

Group total 137+30=167

personal 30/2000
  • 30 minutes weights and 31 minutes cardio

Group total-167+61=228

Personal goal-138/1800
  • I want to average at least 30 minutes/day, so my goal for Feb. is 840.

So far: 22/840

Group total: 228 + 22 = 250
  • I'm not setting a goal for this month. I logged 2,220 minutes in January - that was 60-90 minutes every single day! I have ONE planned day off in Feb due to a biz trip. Other than that I will be hitting the gym every day!

Today I spent 45 min on the elliptical and 20 minutes doing abs, stretching and trying out the punching bag.

Personal Total: 65

Group Total: 250 + 65 = 315
  • 45 min on the treadmill for me!

Group total ~ 315 + 45 = 360 min