Anybody in the Mt Redoubt danger zones??

• Any fellow Alaskans in the danger zone when it blows??? We're starting the disaster training stuff soon for my university - yikes!

http://www.avo.alaska.edu/activity/Redoubt.php
  • hi.. yes i am..im rosey and live in nikiski by kenai..i remember when it blew before..what a mess..
  • We're told to expect our cafeteria to close (and to have to hand out emergency food supplies) , the phones and internet to be out, as well as our fire alarm system (I live in the dorms) to crash - I just hope they don't close school any more! We had two days canceled due to the big melt/freeze over and we're SO far behind already! Are you worried about it at all?
  • Got a call at midnight from university police about Redoubt. Was up for a few hours watching it play out on the news, waiting to hear if they were canceling school. Nearly cried when the alarm went off for work at 5 am. And sure enough. Still have school.

This is not a good start for a Monday. I was really hoping to go back to bed. My abnormal psych test in a few hours isn't looking like a whole lot of fun.

How are all the other Alaska chicks doing?
  • Odd question -- but does home insurance cover volcano erruptions? I know that ours covers earthquakes, and we are nowhere near a volcano, but just wondering.
  • Depends on your insurance I guess? State Farm will cover it
  • I remember when Spur erupted, we got ash up here in Palmer too. Nothing so far from Redoubt though.
    *crossing my fingers*
    Break-up is ugly enough without adding volcanic ash to the mix.
  • Bump
    Is everyone o.k.?