Ever had this happen?

• You run into someone you haven't seen for awhile and the first thing they say is "my God you have gained a lot of weight"? My first thought is gee now I know why Im I haven't missed you.
  • Uh. No. I would rip their head off. I'm a quiet, shy kind of girl but I can't even imagine someone being so rude and me not telling them so. May I ask who did this to you?
  • No!!! what kind of a "friend" is that? Definite lack of social skills, there.
  • oh, now, if it was my 89 year old grandma i would let it slide. but she'd never say that. she just tells me i need to put on some make up.
  • Yeah, wow. Holy lack of class. These people do not deserve to be in your life...period.
  • No, but I'd say "my God you've gotten ruder"
  • My elderly father once asked me, at a family gathering, "Jay, how did you get so fat?" It wasn't senility--he was just often clueless about social behavior.

I just said, "I ate too much, Dad."

Jay
  • Once, someone didnt reconize me and when they finnally did, they were stomped for words. But you could see it in there face, what they were thinking. It was awful to say the least.
  • Too many people talk without thinking.
    I have said "Yes and thanks for mentioning that." And then I feel badly because now both of us are embarassed.

Ya know how word processors have a spell check progam? Some folks just need some kind of added application.
  • PSH. What a loser. Nobody needs to be around THAT kind of person.
  • Yes I have had that happen, and I didn't respond so well I guess. I simply said " Well yes but I can lose it, when are you going to have that big honker of yours taken care of....VBG I know, but she does have a REALLY big nose and always stickes it were it does not belong.....guess it was the wrong thing at the wrong time,and I just flipped....Anyway I don't have to worry about her any more she goes the other way when she sees me now. In a way I feel really bad, but just how rude do people have to be???