How Many TV's or Computers In Your House?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
View Poll Results: How Many TV's ~ CD Players ~ Computers Do You Have?
I Don't Have A TV
3.45%
I Have More Than 3 TV's
41.38%
All Bedrooms Have TV's and Living/Family Rooms
36.21%
I Have A Kitchen TV
6.90%
I Have More Than 1 Computer
77.59%
I Have More Than 1 CD Player
44.83%
I Still Have an 8 Track/Cassette Player/Record Player
24.14%
All I Own IS On My I-Pod
5.17%
The Kids Rule The X-Box/Wii In My House
22.41%
I'd Rather Read A Book
37.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll
  • I was in one of our now, empty nester, spare bedrooms today with Angie. I realized that even with the kids all grown and gone we have a television in every single room of our house, almost. When I grew up the family had a TV in the living room that we shared and when we got "rich" in the early 70's my parents took the old TV and put it in their room and got a new one for the living room then bought me a small 13 inch black and white..yes all you kiddos at one time TV's only had black and white pictures ... for my room.

When I grew up we didn't have any such luxury as DVR or Tivo....now I have 2.... No computers...now we have 2...We only had 1 stereo in the house....now every room almost has a CD player.

Here is how my house looks...

Living Room ~ 1 42" HD TV with DVR and 1 CD player

Family Room ~ 1 26" TV with DVR recorder ~ 1 CD Player ~ 1 Computer

Master Bedroom ~ 1 19" TV and 1 CD player

Loft ~ 1 Computer and 1 Portable CD player

Spare Bedroom ~ 1 19" TV and Portable CD Player

Spare Bedroom ~ 1 26" TV and Portable CD Player

Gym ~ 1 13" TV and 1 Portable CD player

wow......

That is 6 Televisions ~ 2 Computers ~ 7 CD Players and 2 Computers in my house....

and there is only Angie and I here! Is that overkill or what!

I will say that we do have guests from time to time and Angie and I both use the 2 computers AND we often watch different shows if a "sport"..."any sport" is in season

What do you have in your house that keeps you from exercising? Take the POLL...you may choose as many as you like!
  • No TV in our house.

2 computers, although one is actually DH's work computer that he takes back and forth.

1 portable CD player/radio combo and 1 record player (I love vinyl!)

We do have 2 ipods in the house as well, but I will say we didn't purchase them. Mine was a gift from my boss, who thinks I need to move into the 21st century and DH has a hand me down one from his sister.
  • We have 2 tvs and 2 home computers besides our 2 work computers for 2 people....

One tv is upstairs in the living room, in front of our coffee table which we use as a dining table. The other tv is in the basement where we exercise. We watch very minimal tv, all on DVDs as we don't have cable. We are usually eating or exercising if we are watching tv.
  • I have one TV, well 2 if you count the one that doesn't work and is in the garage until my brother in law takes a trailer load of rubbish to the dump and one computer.

Two ipods because I won one in a raffle at work, one CD player on my stereo.

Should I feel deprived here....
  • I'm a geek. I do geek stuff for a living

we have 5 tvs:
    45" old RCA flatscreen projection tv in the living room (bought it at a used tv store... 175 bucks), 17" in the kitchen, 1 in each of the 3 bedrooms

we also have 6 computers. my 3 kids each have their own. My desk in my office has 2 computers, 1 laptop & 3 monitors. (I also have 4 more pc's on the shelf in the closet ).

I do computer consulting on the side. Every 2 years I build myself a new machine and pass down the old one to one of the kids. I just found it easier for each of them to have their own rather than fight over who's turn it was to use it.
  • We have 2 TV's --one in the living room and one in the master bedroom
    We have 2 computers--one desktop and one laptop
    We have 2 portable CD players,and 2 DVD/CD players, 1 DVD/VHS player and 1 VHS player.

I would like to get a 13 inch TV to carry where I want to. Still watching craigslist for that.
  • Fun post, though I could only respond to three options:
    - We have more than one CD player: We have one connected to the home theater system, one in the office, and one in the spare bedroom.
    - We still have two cassette players: We still have my dual set from the 80s, and the CD player in the spare bedroom has a cassette player.
    - I would rather read: Prefer to read over watching TV.

We have only one TV. Some huge HDTV thing (to me, anyway) connected to the home theater system. Hubby and I work it out, or I am likely to be reading.

We have one computer, unless I bring my laptop home from work.

We have various handheld gadgets ... sigh.
  • We have 3 tvs, 2 dvd players, a dvd/vhs player, 2 laptops, 2 desktops, 1 iPod, and 1 Zune. A Wii, Xbox360, Atari, Gamecube (hubby would LOVE a PS3), 2 Nintendos DS, and a PSP.

And with all that stuff, I rather read, LOL!!!
  • Quote: I have one TV, well 2 if you count the one that doesn't work and is in the garage until my brother in law takes a trailer load of rubbish to the dump and one computer.
    We have one 26" flat panel in the living room and one 18 year old 19" laying around waiting for someone to take it to the dump. One VCR and one DVD player. No cable. No satellite. Just 4 over the air channels. Hopefully we will get more after the digital conversion.

I have an Ipod. We have a stereo in the living room but the CD player on it is broken. We also have a little boom box that DH drags into the bathroom on occasion to listen to while he shaves.

There might be a PlayStation or OLD Nintendo in the top of our closet. I can't remember if I got rid of them or not.
  • We have....a 37" in the living room, 19" in the bedroom.
    1 MacBook (I'm getting mine soon).
    1 VCR.
    1 PS3 (has a blu ray player we use for DVDs)
    1 iPod touch (my fiance's).

My fiance is a gadget freak. Before we moved he had a PSP, DS, xbox 360, Wii plus all of the stuff above, minus the MacBook. He had an iMac at that time. Haha.

I'm only really into cameras. I have three 35mm cameras, one professional digital SLR, and two point and shoot digital cameras.
  • ...And I too would rather read. I love books! I spend about 300-400 every year on new books.
  • 1 32" in-cabinet Sony Trinitron (old skool) in the living room
    1 13" Sony in the basement (workout room) that used to be in the small bedroom
    1 19" Hitachi in the large bedroom
    All with DVD players etc.
    -----
    1 Mac desktop
    1 Mac G3 (old) desktop
    1 Compaq desktop
    1 Dell laptop
    -----
    1 iPod (just got it and turned into a total iPod nerd ~ I just got a car adapter, bookshelf stereo and an iHome alarm clock for it)
    -----
    1 old, enormous, but very nice Pioneer component stereo with 2 double-cassette decks, LP, CD, radio and equalizer but NO 8-track!
    -----
    But, when all is said and done, I really would rather read a book so that's how I voted. Electronics are nice but I'd rather read.
  • The husbster and I and our 3 kids have: 2 PCs, 2 laptops, 3 MP3s, 1 TV, 1DVR, 2DVD players (1 portable for the kids), 1 Wii, 1 VCR, and 3 CD players.
  • I have a TV in my bedroom that hasn't been turned on in years. I don't have cable anyways. I turned it off over 10 years ago.

I have a small 13" TV in my gym room but it doesn't get much use either as when I work out I would rather listen to talk radio.

I stopped watching TV years ago because it is too addicting and I end up sitting on a couch every night watching mindless programs.

Ad I have a laptop for traveling and a desk top computer that I mostly use.

Other than that I would MUCH rather read a book!
  • 6 tvs...with four of them actually plugged in. One in my room, one in my parents' room, one in the back room, one downstairs in the family room, two of my brothers' tvs that he hasn't brought down to his house yet.

3 cd players....one in my room, one in the kitchen, one downstairs

3 dvd players....one in my room, one out in the back room, and one downstairs

2 computers...one desktop and then my laptop

1 ipod

We also still have my dad's record player and 8 track downstairs too.