I got a weird, but wonderful, compliment today

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Today I was standing in the kitchen at work making my breakfast. One of my co-workers came in and went, really loudly, "Wow! You're shrinking!" So I said, thanks?

Then she said, "sorry, I just thought you were someone else! I didn't recognize you from behind!" She thought I was our Vice-President.

The VP is a couple years older than me, about my height, dark blonde hair--same age, same race, same height, similar hair--understandable. Except she is about a size 16 and I am a size 24, who used to be a size 32. So to me this was kind of a big deal. 16 is half the size I was six months ago.

My coworker then told me she'd been just about to ask me a "VP" question but then she realized after a second that the VP never wears jeans, and I am wearing jeans today. And my co-worker knows I've been losing weight, but she said she hadn't noticed how much smaller I am until she saw me from behind, and she literally didn't recognize me.

(It probably helps that I am wearing my one pair of really small 24s, and a fitted 2X sweater that isn't baggy, which is showing off my 'hourglass' figure. I am really lucky in that my weight is evenly distributed all over and I lose it in the middle first.)

Yes, this was a weird and unusual compliment but I think it's a big compliment because, our VP's not small, but she's a lot smaller than I was six months ago. It's weird to think that I am only 3-4 sizes bigger than she is, and I will probably be her size in April or May. Which is great, because I have a basement full of very nice, very expensive size 16s I can't wait to wear, then give away because they are all too big!
  • hehe, congrats!
  • I say take compliments any way you can get them. Congratulations on a great loss!
  • WOO HOOO!

Let's do the happy dance!
  • That's really cool...
  • Thats wonderful!
  • It's always surprising how well fitted clothes makes a difference. Congratulations.
  • That's great! Compliments make us feel so good!! And for someone to have "noticed"....that's wonderful for you!!!!
  • That is an awesome compliment!!!
  • That is just a day maker... Enjoy ....
  • Cool! I'd love to get back into... and then out of... a pair of 16's again!
  • Congrats! That is an awesome compliment!
  • That is a great compliment!
  • Wow! That was a really cool thing to have happen (and I don't think it's weird, really). You are obviously the Incredible Shrinking Lady! Way to go!

(Now, your next step in the Great Plan is to get them to pay you the VP's salary....)

• Yay you!
    Congrats on the compliment...no matter how you got it!