losing weight: feel good or look good? (pick one!)

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Hi--

This is just something I was thinking about earlier today...

what would satisfy you 3fatchickies more in losing weight: feeling good about yourself or looking good?

~ tea
  • a little of both for me I think.
  • If I looked good, I would feel better about myself. I think they come hand in hand.
  • For me it's definitely about feeling good. The looking good part comes along with that.

Jay
  • I've never had issues with feeling good, so I'd go with looking good. But I think that feeling good is more important.
  • If I had to choose only one for life, I think feeling good would be a no brainer. But fortunately we don't have to choose.
  • My first pick is looking good. I already feel good...but i want to LOOK good. But like the others have said, they pretty much go hand in hand...unless you starve yourself into thinness and then you don't feel good (been there, done that..not going back). I would not do anything that makes me feel bad just to look good (like those diet pills that make your heart race). Just not worth it.
  • Feeling good. There's nothing worse than feeling bad.
  • If I was picking feeling good about myself or looking good, it kindof goes hand in hand. Sortof. It depends on whether or not I *know* I look good. If I'm still used to being a little pudgy (I'm a Featherweight), then I might not have that kind of confidence, but feeling good about myself revolves around many other things, besides my appearance.

If I was picking actually *feeling* good (i.e. feeling healthy, satisfied and in shape) or looking good, I would definitely pick feeling good. Feeling healthy, feeling fit, not feeling like a lazy slob is what actually motivated me to start eating healthier and subsequently trying to lose weight.
  • I started off with looking good I guess. Once I realized that a healthy lifestyle feels frick freaking frapping AMAZING - that kept me going and became the prime motivator. I'm now the queen crackhead of healthy feel good. Gotta go to the gym and get my fix.
  • Look Good. I want to look good naked. That's my goal...lol
  • Definitely feeling good

I like that I don't have stomach issues anymore
    I like that pains I used to have I don't have anymore
    I like being more active and being able to do more things confidently
    I like that I've reduced my chances for having pain in the future

Although I know I look better in clothes, I'll never look good with minimal clothes. Too much sagging, wrinkled skin. Also, I think I liked my face more when I weighed more.
  • Since I have lost weight I feel a lot better, so I choose feel good. Because honestly when I feel good it's easier for me to think I look good
  • Looking good makes me feel better, but feeling good doesn't necessarily make me look any better. So I'm going with looks.
  • For me, healthy choices are always motivated at first by my desire to feel good. Looking good is a nice side-benefit. I'm very happy to get both, though.