Dunkin' Donuts Egg White Flatbread Sandwich

• So I've been hearing these Dunkin' Donuts commercials for a flatbread sandwich made with egg whites and am thinking this would be a viable option for breakfast. I looked up the nutritional information on line and was shocked to see it has nine grams of fat and such a huge long list of ingredients that I was amazed! I could make a much healthier breakfast sandwich at home using an English muffin, eggbeaters, veggie sausage and reduced fat cheese. My sister looked up an Egg McMuffin and saw that it has fewer calories than the Dunkin' Donuts sandwich that is being touted as being good for dieters! Who knew?????
  • Thanks for posting, becuase I was seriously considering this as a breakfast option!
  • My gosh...why does everything you can buy premade have to be this way
    ? Darnett!
  • At least the cal count is bearable...here's a link to the egg white turkey flatbread sandwich

While I agree the ingredient list is pretty obnoxious...it's corporate America...of course you can make it healthier and cheaper at home. You can prolly get something similar but way healthier at a locally owned deli...but you usually can't look it all up online. I give them props for having the info available.
  • why am I not surprised? any company that peddles something as addictive and deadly as donuts must be somewhat evil.
  • actually i don't think 280 is that bad- of course an at home version would be much healthier! but 280 to me that sounds reasonable!
  • Speaking of DD, I like to get the French Cruller there when the mood hits. At 250 calories, it's not too bad. My friend used to get a blueberry muffin there instead of a donut to be healthy. He was surprised to find that the muffin had over 500 calories and a lot more sugar than a regular donut.
  • It's not just the calories you have to look out for; it's the junk that makes up those calories that is just as important, or maybe even more so. I made a yummy breakfast sandwich at home today. Not as easy as buying it at DD, but at least I know what was in it!!!
  • Thinfor5 - I agree with you...and I haven't ever been to a Dunkin Donuts...but I do think at least they are trying. And if people are going to eat out - it's nice to be able to find something that isn't a 1500 calorie meal.

Does anyone really expect to be able to get egg whites on a sprouted wheat flatbread with organic steamed veggies at DD? Would your average DD customer even order something like that?
  • an egg mcmuffin is 300 calories, so it's actually more.