Trying LA Again!

• Hello,
    After a year of following another diet plan and falling off the wagon too many times, I am considering going back to my LAWL materials. My center closed last year and I have been "lost" for the past year! OOOKKK, I have some questions if that is ok. First of all, I was previously on the RED plan but after seeing the posts about the numbered plans, I think I would have more success on these. I would start on Plan 4 from what I saw on a previous post. I understand about the weights of the proteins, but am wondering if the starches are the same that were on the colored plans? Have more starches been added? I thought I read somewhere that 2 slices of lite bread equals one starch. This is different from the Red plan. Also, what consitutes a serving of milk? Is it a half cup or a whole cup (it was a half cup on Red plan). I really appreciate any help I can get with these questions. If you need to e-mail me a response, I can provide my e-mail address. TIA!!!
  • Welcome back! I remember you! Still here, plugging away after some ups and downs of my own. I don't know a thing about the numbered plans, but wanted to say HI and tell you I'm HAPPY to see you!

~Nicole
  • I was under the impression that LA only changed their program exchanges about 18 months ago. I have the Menu Plan kit personalized for the colored plans. As of the purple program which was the most recent for my center before it closed (Jan 08) lite bread only counts as one serving.

Does anyone else know if the serving sizes were changed?
  • I only know the numbered plans exchanges for lite bread - 2 slices = 1 starch and milk is 8oz for a dairy.
  • 3meows, I remember your cute little kitten picture, but I don't recall your name. Welcome back! The numbered plans do allow more starches. Also more fats as I recall, but were somewhat more limited on proteins. Or at least different.