Does medifast work?

• Im looking to start a diet. i have alot of weight to lose and was wondering if anyone has done medifast? is it worth buying? how much weight have u lost? is it hard to do?

lol i know im askin alot fo questions but im just trying to figure out the best thing to do
  • Definitely YES!!!
    Hi!

I did Medifats for a little less than a month in January 08 and lost more than 20 pounds in one month... The weight was just falling off... Was it difficult? The first week was SO hard but after that, it was easy... My advice to you would be to look up some Medifast recipes (or PM me if you want) that you can do with their product. Like I would use their soup to make bread, their shakes to make ice cream... ect.
    I still have TONS of boxes from the program but I haven't been able to go back on the program since I found out I was pregnant in February 08 and I am still exclusively breastfeeding...
    The forum on 3fatchicks about Medifast is great also! I used it extensively when i was following teh program!

• On medifast, you will eat between 800-1000 calories/day. So you will lose weight, if you stay on it and be able to follow a sustainable maintenance plan after you get to your goal or stop the program.

Honestly, I'd recommend a higher calorie diet that is sustainable for life.
  • We have a Medifast forum that might be of help at http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=223
  • I have a friend who did it successfully for the period of time that she purchased the plan. She is a very disciplined person so she stuck to it and lost weight on schedule but couldn't wait for it to be over and gained the weight back (since has lost it without Medifast). She just didn't like the products. It IS a healthy plan, in my opinion, if one likes it and many people do. Good luck on whatever you choose.
  • I liked it. Lost 40 lbs in 4 months with quite a bit of interference due to some of life hitting hard about the second month. I've sustained with only a slight gain since going off in August. I'm starting WonderSlim today which is much the same.

Come on over to the forum Suzanne posted. We'd be happy to discuss the differences and benefits between Medifast, WonderSlim and New Life Styles.