Accountability help needed for tonight!

• I am going to a game night at my church and there will be food and snacks. This is a real weakness for me. I tend to get started and don't want to stop. I am posting this so I know I will have to come back and give a report. Thanks in advance for your help. I'm going in with 600 calories left so that is what I want to eat.
  • Great Plan Howie
    I have never thought of this idea, its a great plan. I think everyone has more control when they know they are accountable to someone besides themselves. Let me know how it went. Remember, we are here for you!
  • We'll be watching you. Let us know.
  • WOW - I can only echo what the previous posters said - this is something that I never thought of and it is a really good idea!

You can do it and incase the snacks call out just a little too loudly - have some

Above all - HAVE FUN!
  • Have fun tonight. We will be here waiting for your next post. I am sure you will be just fine.
  • What works for me is to imagine what will be there in regards to snacks and figure out exactly how much I can have. When I'm there, I break the "what's allowed" into two or three platesful (then I get 2nds or 3rds without eating more). If there is a choice of plate sizes, choose the small plate. Drink something while you are eating to slow yourself down. When you are done, throw the plate away and walk away from the goodie table.

Also, if you can, bring some healthy options for yourself and the other folks. Veggies and FF dip or sliced fruit is usually a welcome addition.
  • Thanks for the idea's and all the support. I'm off to games.
  • Thanks again for all your support. Knowing that I had to come back here and report really helped. Turns out all they had was junk. Pretty much just a grab bag of candy bars. This was a mens game night so I guess that's what you get with a bunch of men. So I don't have a huge problem keeping away from sweets. I mean I like them but not as big as problem if there would have been pizza and chips. So I did not eat anything. I was starving by the time it was over and headed to the truck stop where there is a 24 hour Subway. So I had a footlong Roast beef and stayed withing my calories. I eat 1800 calories a day and today I had 1818.
  • Great job, Howie! Maybe next time you can take something with you that you know is within your plan?
  • Good for you, Howie!

I was gonna say the same thing as Jen. I airpop some popcorn before I leave & stick it in a big ziploc. No salt or butter, maybe some cayenne, garlic powder or smoked paprika to keep things interesting. If not that, then I like the little (plain!) squares of shredded wheat. That way I am getting some fiber & no one is asking, "Don't you want any ________.?"

Definitely an NSV!
  • Good for you for sticking to your plan!
  • Quote: I eat 1800 calories a day and today I had 1818.
  • Congratulations on sticking to your plan!
  • Rawk on, Howie!!! Good to see you back, BTW!
  • Great job, Howie!