Boca burgers...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I'm considering getting some of these, but I've never had 'em. Calorie-wise, and other nutrition fact wise, they look GREAT. But I hesitate to spend the money on a box of the things only to find out they taste like a burned tire.

Any experiences anyone can share?
  • I actually really like them...but then again, I don't care much for regular ground beef/turkey... the flame grilled boca burgers are my fav.
  • They're good but they're not going to be like a ground beef burger. I find they are better if you cook them in a pan until just a little crispy versus microwaving them.
  • At first when I tried them, I didn't like them. They are ok, not my favorite but they are pretty good in a sandwich with mustard, lettuce and tomato.
  • I like them too, Bocas or any other veggie-burger are certainly not the same taste-wise as a meat burger so if you eat them neat they're meh, but with the condiments, cheese and other add-ons of your choice they're fine. I cook mine on a George Foreman grill first, then microwave them for reheating if needed
  • I like them, mainly grilled or in the pan so they're a little crispy, but I'll microwave them too.

My dad thinks they're alright, which is saying something, because he doesn't seem to like things like that.
  • I wonder what the sodium is them. I remember having them and liking them.

Another idea too that I do pretty often is making your own bean burgers with chick peas or black beans. They are fast and cheap at .69 a can for the beans. A can will make two burgers. I eat it just like I would a burger.
  • Thighs, I remember reading that idea from you before and I thought is sounded terrific. Can you take us on a step-by-step process for that?

I do like Boca Burgers, too, and now I want one!
  • Surely. All you have to do drain your beans. Put them into a food processor with some garlic, onion, salt and pepper and give it a whirl. You can really add anything you want in there--carrots, additional herbs and spices, etc. If you don't have a food processor, just dice your stuff and mash your beans. Pat them very lightly with flour and cook them on the stovetop with fat-free spray.

I really like having mine with tomatoes, lettuce and dill pickles. The beans are so moist I don't usually do condiments but you could--and even do a bun if you wanted it.
  • Sounds easy and yummy. Thanks!
  • Thanks, y'all! I'll have to pick up a box of 'em this weekend and give them a try....if I hate 'em, they'll be expensive dog treats...
  • I LOVE the "All American Flame Grilled" variety of Boca Burgers. I eat them with a slice of melted cheddar cheese, low carb ketchup & Splenda sweetened pickle on them. Delish!!!
  • I am a picky eater and They are definetly not a real hamburger But they aint bad.
    I microwave them~Just do not over cook them they get hard LOL!If you do hate em~Tell the dog Lori259 wishes she had a real hamburger too.
    But honestly they aint that bad really.
  • Hopefully I won't have to pass on the message, Lori....

I don't really expect "real" meat taste....not sure what I expect. I'm just, more than anything, looking for another option for lunch during the week, or for dinner on a night when the husband wants something that's just gross...
  • I actually like them when they are hard so I make sure to cook them so they get hard. I don't like when they are soft! The ones I eat are the vegan ones which Costco carries.