I got a job :)

• Hi,

I finally heard back from the job I interviewed for weeks ago-I got it!!

I start this Monday. I'm pretty nervous, cause it's full time. I haven't worked full time since before my son was born (7/99). I was working three days a week, and home with my son the other days.

I figure I have to lose weight with this new job-there aren't any good places near there to go for lunch, so I'm forced to bring healthy food from home. Hopefully I can lose weight and save money. There's also a little walking track there I can use.

Any suggestions from moms who work outside the home on balancing everything without going nuts and getting super-stressed. Luckily I have a super supportive husband, though.

Take care,
    sherry
  • oh Sherry!! I am SOO HAPPY FOR YOU!! That is SUCH great news. My dad got a job finally this week too.. it must just be the week for it! YAY!

• Oh, Happy Days! Yes! I am So happy for you!! You deserve it!! I was so happy when I saw the thread...yay!!!!
  • YES!!!!!
    Awesome!!

Sherry, that is great!!! I'm very excited for you!!

We are kinda in the same boat. Steve and I both work full-time. Jacob goes to daycare since there is no family that can do it. What will you do with your munchkin? Advice....hmmm

1. Be prepared. If I have stuff done the night before (lunches, clothes laid out, everything ready to go) it really makes the morning go much smoother.

2. Organization. The more lists I have, the less I forget to do

3. Smile...some days go well, some don't. It all works out in the end. You might as well smile your way through!!

Again, Congrats!!! What will you be doing at your new job?
  • Way to go Sherry!!
  • GO, SHERRY, GO!!! GO, SHERRY, GO!!!

I'm happy for you, too. Good luck.