chicken suggestions

• So i have some chicken breasts i need to cook..and i was hoping for some bright ideas for cooking...preferrably that freezes and reheats well. Due to DH and my schedule it works better for the few days i have off to make some reciepes...freeze some of it and use it thr the weeks.
    Thanks!
  • Wrap the chicken breasts in pictures of Tim Tebow.....soak in honey and sweet sauce....BBQ until well burnt....throw away....then call Gary and he will treat you to dinner and a movie.... his famous spinach lasagna and one of his USC Trojan DVD's.
  • Angie HereOn a more serious note:

I have an easy recipe for Chicken Piccata

Saute chicken boneless/skinless breasts that have been dredged in flour in olive oil until cooked (I find that if you cut them in smaller pieces and tenderize them, they cook quicker and don't get dried out)
    Remove chicken from oil
    Add white wine or chicken broth to pan - to your taste
    Add juice of one lemon
    Add minced garlic - I like lots!
    Add capers, some caper juice, and dried parsley
    Mix it all together and pour over chicken
    Sometimes, if I have enough lemons, I add lemon slices

Easy to make and very yummy!!
  • thanks angie...might try that..although Gary's recipe looked pretty yummie today..minus watching the USC dvd's LMAO
  • Super easy:

Preheat oven to 350
    Place chicken breasts (boneless are best) on greased cooking tray with a lip (jelly roll pan)--you can even do them frozen
    Place 2-3 T salsa on each chicken breast
    Bake for 30-35 minutes
    Place 1-2 T low fat shredded cheese on each breast
    Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts

While I've never made more than we're going to eat at that meal, I'm sure it would be easy to cool and then refrigerate for later reheating in the microwave.
  • This works with thighs as well.

Season chicken however you like. Heat oil and lightly brown. Remove from pan for a few minutes, it won't be done. Saute some shallots and add a can of tomatoes. It can be a can that is seasoned with peppers or herbs. Be sure and chunk up any tomatoes that are whole. Adjust seasoning. Put chicken and some chopped garlic in the tomato sauce. Cover and simmer about 20 min. or until chicken is done. Add water if necessary.

Divide and freeze when cooled.
  • I personally love boneless chicken baked with fat free zesty italian dressing. It is great for a salad the next day or even heating it up like it is.
  • mare...yours sounds good..might have to try all the suggestions soon.