Yummy Desert

• I rarely post, but thought people might enjoy this. I was, just now

I refuse to give up my sweets. I have also been eating a lot of ricotta cheese lately, and just bought some blueberries and raspberries, which I haven't had since summer. I looked at the fruit and thought about my ricotta cheese, and decided to combine them.

1/4 cup part-skim ricotta mixed with 1 packet splenda
    blueberries and raspberries on top

Enjoy!

It's low cal for a desert, depending mostly on how much fruit you put on. The part-skim ricotta cheese is generally 80-90 cal for a 1/4 cup serving. The sweetener can obviously be replaced with one of your choice. You can get in a serving of fruit, quite easily, and there is some protein in the ricotta, too.
  • That sounds good!

You should post more. I'm on the eat as much as possible while maintaining my 50 lbs lost diet! I like your philosophy!
  • YUM. Cheese and berries - an award winning combo.

Thanks for posting that! I've gotta try it. Maybe with xylitol. Have you tried making it with cottage cheese?

It reminds me of laughing cow cheese with raspberry jam - an old fave of mine.
  • ill have to try that, and ill let you know!!
  • mazza - I have not tried this with cottage cheese, I don't know that I'd like it very much. For me the cottage cheese has the wrong texture. I really like the texture of ricotta, so creamy.

midwife - the other name for my diet was the "don't-eat-like-a-moron-diet". But it wasn't as fun to say Once I reach my goal, we'll be on the same diet!
  • I like the alternative name, too.